Profile for Popsty > Reviews

Popsty

Look Behind You
Look Behind You

3.0 out of 5 stars It was OK..., 11 May 2014
This review is from: Look Behind You (Kindle Edition)
It wasn't a bad storyline, just a bit predictable at times. Like other readers, I thought that it was a bit repetitive and slow in places and sometimes I felt that the dialogue was a bit painful. Everything seemed to be explained away far too easily.

I don't agree that this was in the same league as Before I Go To Sleep as it wasn't gripping enough and I didn't care as much for the characters in this storyline. I enjoyed the book to pass the time but wouldn't want to read it again. Not bad for 77p, though.

The Husband's Secret
The Husband's Secret

1.0 out of 5 stars Over hyped, 14 April 2014
I was so looking forward to reading this book after rave reviews and because it had been selected by the Richard and Judy book club. However, I was hugely disappointed with it's slow pace, characters who were utterly annoying and the secret, once revealed, I couldn't give a toss what happened in the end. I felt no empathy for any of the characters, sometimes I had to keep reminding myself who was who as everyone seemed to be cloned. Sadly, it has put me off reading any more by Liane Moriarty.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 21, 2014 12:37 PM BST

A Reading Book in Irish History
A Reading Book in Irish History

1.0 out of 5 stars A great yawn., 6 April 2012
I gave up reading this book three pages in, after finding it boring and confusing. I just didn't get it. At least I didn't waste any money on it, but still...