Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "taurusmanuk" (UK)

5.0 out of 5 stars First Impressions, 9 Oct. 2013
I got my (all) new kindle paperwhite today. Great service, item delivered on time so no complaints there.

About the device. It is a very well built device and it is faster than my previous kindle (keyboard generation). The light is evenly distributed and is very soft. There is only one button and the touch responsiveness is excellent. It is a very good upgrade for anyone having non-paperwhite kindle. But may be not so for people who own previous paperwhite.

I am holding my views on reading experience on this kindle as I just received it today and may be after a week I will post my views on reading experience.

It is an excellent upgrade from non-paperwhite kindle if you dont want to buy a tablet for your reading.

Philips, SHE9850/10 Earphones (115 dB, 1.2 m cord)
Philips, SHE9850/10 Earphones (115 dB, 1.2 m cord)

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Treble Heavy, 15 Nov. 2012
I have a pair of Sure SE530 which I use with my Creative MP3 player and I bought these for my work pc. I have been testing these earphones for a couple of days now. These are OK earphones with good noise isolation but these are too heavy on treble side. If base was as strong as treble then you could call them balanced but you would struggle to get good balance. Surely, every ear is different so you need to adjust EQ in your player to get a suitable balance. But even with maxed out base in EQ, treble was too high compared to base. So for me they do not fit in this price category (£70).
If you like high treble then these may be good choice for you but then with a bit more price you could pick better earphones.

Agatha Christie's Poirot - Collection 7 [DVD]
Agatha Christie's Poirot - Collection 7 [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Suchet

5.0 out of 5 stars More Brilliant Mystries!, 11 Oct. 2008
This series continues with dark and serious mood that was in collection 6. No more Ms. Lemon and Capt. Hastings. If someone knows what happened to them please let me know as I miss them :) Among other things, I have noticed that Poirot seems to be more religious in later novels of Agatha Christie (as in Appointment With Death). But then with age, order and method are not the only tools for little grey cells....perhaps.
I am sure fans of previous collections will love this collection as well.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 6, 2008 3:43 PM GMT

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (XBox)
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (XBox)

2.0 out of 5 stars Mindless Action, 15 April 2003
If you read about reviews of this game on game sites, it comes with pretty high rating. But as a common game player you can see my rating above. My experience of the game is no different than the previous reviewer. Its just good graphics with mindless 'whack n slash' gaming. Its not that I give up things easily so I tried my best to get a hold of the character and its controls but it seemed an unworthy task. Specially aiming using the bow is terrible. Although some of the moves are spectecular but thats it about them and things become repetitive.
I would not recommend it even if you love lord of rings.

Mystifying Mind Reading Tricks
Mystifying Mind Reading Tricks
by Robert Mandelberg

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and Fun!, 18 Nov. 2002
If you are looking to amaze your friends and family then this book might help you BUT....yes there is a but in it. Some tricks in this book requires you to have a partner. So if you want to do it all yourself then you will be using around 60% of the book. Thats not bad as the 'mind reading' tricks are quite interesting and rated properly for difficulty and impact. And may be you can trust someone to be your partner and have more fun.
Personally I think I will be trying 2-3 tricks from this book to mystify my friends and family. Not a bad book even if you are a starter as tricks are well explained in friendly way.