Profile for Halula84 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Hidden Fire: The Firefighters of Station Five
Hidden Fire: The Firefighters of Station Five

5.0 out of 5 stars You are one gorgeous man, Salvatore., 3 Feb. 2013
Having read the previous two books of The Firefighters Of Station Five, I without a doubt knew I was in for a treat but quite what awaited me, I didn't expect. We've met Julian and Grace previously but this was their story and the journey we get to follow. We knew that they had a brief moment at Howard's and Kat's barbecue, but quite what happened we were not sure of but this lies that question to rest. Julian is perceived as a ladies man and Grace is the ice-queen who has a life plan that doesn't involve settling down or love. A fire brings them into each others lives again but Grace has a man called Derek with her, who is somewhat of a blast from the past for Julian and not in a good way. We also meet Julian's best friend Carmelita and the sacrifice she makes is one of unconditional love and will bring a lump to your throat and tear to your eye.

"Because I squeeze the toothpaste in the middle, I snore, I won't trade in my Porsche for a minivan, and I'm always right." There were many more reasons, but those would suffice. "And I'd smother you in your sleep during a fit of premenstrual rage." "Prison would clash with your hair and nails." "So I guess we'll have to remain friends," she said happily. "With benefits." "Absolutely."

A near fatal accident later on and Julian and Grace's life change majorly and we are the lucky ones who get to follow that with them. But what we get is a ride of emotionally charged, jaw dropping and WTF moments and I did literally drop my Kindle at one point when all was revealed. The 'Collector' part of this story was mind blowing and not where you thought it would lead. Defiantly expect the unexpected.

We still get to catch up with the remaining Firefighters Of Station Five and a touching moment in the story would be the intervention of Sean Tanner.

Howard went last. "I miss you," he began simply, and let the quiet statement hang as the paper shook in his hands.

I must touch upon the most awesome moment in the book, for me, would be something that Howard and Kat tells us but I really think you need to find that out for yourself. Everybody does deserve their happy ending.

Hidden Fire sucks you in and you lose yourself in every moment, every twist and turn. You feel like you part of the Firefighters lives. I do ask myself, can this series get any better? And simply the answer is yes. Read for yourself, because I know you'll agree.....

Ride the Fire: The Firefighters of Station Five
Ride the Fire: The Firefighters of Station Five

5.0 out of 5 stars Trust. love. Hope., 2 Feb. 2013
Breathtaking..... Ever read something and its still with you hours later and has you staring off into the distance and reliving moments of the story? Ride The Fire does exactly that. By now we know the heart breaking accident that claimed Blair, Bobby and Mia, Sean's family but what we find out is somebody from Sean's past has more to do with this then Sean could ever imagine and is out for revenge.

"Cap! Cap, what's wrong? Talk to me!" Someone crouched beside him and a gloved hand grabbed his arm. "That car," he whispered. "That's my wife's car. My family....."

Fresh from rehab and learning to deal with each day, Sean returns to Station Five and the people that he can call his family.

"Hope, because as terrible as the tasks laid before him were, the miles left to travel, all these intimidating thoughts and emotions had one important thing in common, They were those of a sober man."

Eve Marshall is one of these lucky people and something has been building between them for months but working together, Sean's alcohol problem and life changing situation has stopped anything between them happening. But Eve has loved Sean from the moment they met and has trouble hiding it any longer, even the rest of the crew has started to pick up on things.

"He had me at 'I'm Sean Tanner and I'm your captain," she said with a sad smile. "From the second I stepped foot in Station Five, he was my hero. He was the Firefighter I aspired to be, had the courage of ten men. and he owned my heart the instant I saw him standing in the bay."

Sean has a hard road to travel and it was defiantly not going to be easy but with Eve at his side, he could take on anything. He had to deal with rescues that involved children and woman that reminded him of his family and it took all of his strength not to take a step back but instead move forward. Until the moment he receives the unmarked package along with the phone call that was touched upon in the previous book and also this one. Sean's world is suddenly turned upside down and somebody is out to get him. But who shocks me as much as it did Sean.

Meeting George Sparks and/or Jesse Rose or should that be reading about him, gave me the chills and put me on edge. That's what I love about Jo Davis's writing, she literally can make the book come alive.

"Beside my name? So my enemies will remember that if they touch me, I'll make them bleed."

We learn more about him and Sean and what happened in Desert Storm 1991. Jo gives us a trip down memory lane with snippets from the past, which helps put it all together. And boy George/Jesse doesn't forget anything and as long as he gets revenge he's happy to take as long as he needs. This brings Eve's mumma, Amelia Marshall, into the picture and this woman rocks. How into the picture, I'll let you find that out.

"Good. Because if I find out you are? I'll cut off your balls and use them as Christmas ornaments. We're clear?"

Taking part in the Firefighter charity auction was awesome and it lightened the mood and gave me a chuckle. Well Firefighters semi naked, why wouldn't it. I think more then anything it was their partners and how they felt, absolutely hilarious. Especially given they were happy to outbid anybody.

"Yep. Us in front of a bunch of squealing ladies, wearing nothing but our fire pants and red suspenders."
"Hold on. Us? There is no us in the equation," he said firmly. "Have fun living your Chippendale's fantasy."

"I said we've decided to wear red G-strings for the auction instead," Clay drawled, grinning. "Across the front they'll say 'Firemen have big hoses."

Reading Sean Tanners story, you get totally and utterly wrapped up in the moments, you cry with him, struggle with him, fight everyday to survive and learn to move forward with him and most of all you help him forgive himself. You will him to become the man that he should be, one that his children would be proud of and somebody that deserves the love of Eve Marshall.

Under Fire: The Firefighters of Station Five
Under Fire: The Firefighters of Station Five

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleeping Beauty.... In reverse!, 27 Jan. 2013
Zack fights fires and saves lives, yet his own thirst for life has run dry, until he comes to the rescue of a sharp-tongued exotic dancer named Corrine Shannon who soon has the normally shy hero burning out of control.

But just as they are consumed by flames of passion, they find themselves under fire from two relentless enemies with fifty million reasons to succeed. Can they withstand the heat while trying to save their own lives, or will their new found romance be extinguished as fast as it began?

The second book of The FireFighters Of Station Five Series and the main focus is on Zack Knight, the FAO of Station Five and somebody going through a heck of a lot and the only family he has to rely on are his fellow Firefighters, when he lets them in. On his travels to work he rear ends Corrine Shannon, after his collision with Corrine, Zack makes it to work to be called out to a MVA and Corrine is once again brought into his life and world, the journey for them is defiantly one you think was written in the stars. Zack owes Joaquin Delacruz the better part of three quarters of a million dollars due to his fathers gambling but all is not as it seems and as you read Under Fire it all starts to unravel. Corrine has inherited fifty million dollars but won't touch it due to the fact that it belongs to her dead husband Alex, she up'd and left him for reasons you read about. Her brother brought her a house in Sugarland but this house connects Zack and Corrine way more then you can imagine. What entails is a story of love, trust, emotions, shock and above all couple who make it through all the odds that are thrown at them, and they have alot thrown their way.

Once again I was unable to put this book down and it held my attention, as I thought it would. The characters draw you in and make you want the best for them. Jo's writing has a way of doing this to you. Even though each book is focused on two main characters, you still get your fill of the rest of the FireFighters from Station Five. I'm already dreading finishing the Series, I for one don't want The FireFighters of Station Five to ever end.

"Don't sweat it, fireboy. You can't afford me."

"In truth, she hadn't been able to take her eyes off the way his rain-splattered shirt clung to the hard muscles of his chest. Had feasted on the sight of his wet pants plastered to his long legs and tight, perfect rear end."

"Don't they stop at red lights where you're from, Forrest Gump?"

"No. A man like Zack was a hero everyday of his life. She'd been too blind to notice."

"Okay, um.... I once read Stephen King's IT. Worst mistake I ever made. Didn't sleep for a month."

"And, boy, were those boxers pink. Electric pink - with bright yellow happy faces all over them. One smiley, larger than the rest, graced the front escape hatch, a strategically placed tongue sticking from between its lips."

Trial By Fire: The Firefighters of Station Five
Trial By Fire: The Firefighters of Station Five

5.0 out of 5 stars Everybody goes home....., 26 Jan. 2013
As you can see Trial By Fire has a cover that certainly catches your attention and gives you and idea of what to expect. This story proves, you never judge a book by its cover. Another email sent to me by Amazon, alerting me to The FireFighters Of Station Five Series. A look at the book description and I was swayed and straight away downloaded the first book to my Kindle, I will say now that you may as well download all five books as I am now the owner of the other four in the series. A few parts of the book that caught my attention, "Uh, I'd like you to go down on me until I come so hard I shrivel like plastic wrap?" and "Six and a half feet of gorgeous male perfection filled the entire entrance. A black t-shirt stretched over his buff pecs and taut abs, but the denim jacket hid too darned much from view. Her appreciated gaze slid down mile-long legs encased in soft jeans that hugged hard thighs and cupped the bulge of his sex like a glove." Have I swayed you yet? Are you reaching for the download button?

A little about the story, Howard Paxton, a Lieutenant at Station Five but we can call him Six-Pack, adopted at the age of four after suffering a horrendous child hood, rescues Katherine Frances, we'll get to know her as Kat. We then follow them on the journey of their relationship, the ups and downs. A spate of murders begin and they are associated with Howard and when you find out how, you will also sit there with your mouth open wide and having to pick your jaw off of the floor, I did. We meet, somewhat briefly, the rest of the FireFighters of Station Five and you get to follow up more with them the further you go along in the series. I'm looking forward to Sean's story, which was touched upon briefly in Trial By Fire and I had to take a moment as this is one part of the story that gave me a lump in my throat and pulled at my heart strings.

The book, for me, was written as if you where following a real life FireFighter family, through their everyday moments, rescues, how they're affected by situations and how they deal with it. As written in the story itself, "Sometimes, no matter how strong you thought you were, the damage takes you out of the game."

This book is an amazing read and I am so pleased that I took the time to have a look and then made the choice to download Trail By Fire. Jo Davis is certainly an author that I will be watching out for and certainly without a doubt wouldn't hesitate to download any of her books again.

"A fearless teacher who has no problem running into a burning house with a garden hose, afraid of snakes. Go figure."

"Georgie's an optimist. I'm a realist, like Bentley. I take my blows as they come, deal with them, move on. I think all that 'Adversity makes you stronger' stuff is what people say to comfort themselves when the going gets rough. Friends and family can stand by you, lend support. But in the end, your inner core of strength pulls you through, period."

Sean stirred, moaned, lost in his private hell. "Nooo, don't go..... Daddy's sorry....."

"Rule number one in the Girl Code: hairless legs and pits at all times, ladies. You never know when you might land in the hospital. Or be swept into the strong arms of a six-foot-six hunk of smoldering, sexy man."

"A mountain of a gentle man who risked his life on a daily basis, could cook, was an excellent lover, and loved his family and kids. What more could a girl want?"

"It's easy to remain alone when you aim low. No strings, easy sex. Then when she leaves, your heart doesn't take a beating in the process. I have a huge learning curve with a long-term deal.... The idea scares me a little."

"Okay. Call if you so much as hear a flea fart."

Forever My Girl (The Beaumont Series Book 1)
Forever My Girl (The Beaumont Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Forever, Liam Page...., 25 Jan. 2013
Amazon sent me a email with suggestions of books for me to read and Forever My Girl, The Beaumont Series was one. We meet Liam Westbury aka Liam Page, he left his life and his one true love to follow what he thought would be his dream. Josephine Preston aka JoJo was the lady left behind. Fast forward 10 years and a life changing incident that happens to his best friend Mason, completely and utterly changes Liam's life. My heart broke for JoJo's best friend Katelyn but i'm hoping there's good things or should i say a good somebody coming her way..... You'll meet Noah Michael Preston, i'll let you find out about him yourself, i don't want to ruin it for you...... This book had me gripped from chapter one and once started i had to finish. It had love, anger, hurt, tears, sighing and cheering and that was just from me reading Forever My Girl. Its a definite must read and i look forward to more from Heidi McLaughlin

"I'm standing in front of you, Josie. You just have to turn around."

"I'm on a forever kind of date so no thanks."

"When the clock strikes twelve his lips claim mine, solid and confident, like he's been waiting for this moment forever. I know i have."

Quinn's Undying Rose (Scanguards Vampires Book 6)
Quinn's Undying Rose (Scanguards Vampires Book 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars This Series just keeps getting better and better!, 24 Jan. 2013
Book 6 of The Scanguards Vampire Series, you think it can't get any better then the previous books..... How wrong was i. We follow Quinn, Zane's friend from New York and also a member of The Scanguards, he's spent the last two hundred years not living how he wished as he was pushed away by his wife Rose when he revealed what had happened to him when he was injured in battle. Suddenly Quinns life, world and everything he thought was true changes and we get to follow everything with him and Rose! Oliver also has a change to deal with and that's going to be fun following his journey. We meet a few new people, Blake and Vera and i sense that's not the last we see of them. Thomas also has a shocker moment but i won't spoil it for you but please let him and Eddie get together.... This Series, hand on heart has to be the best Vampire Series out at the moment and i cannot wait for more!

One Night With a Hero
One Night With a Hero

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't worry Joss, I couldn't have stopped at one night either!, 23 Jan. 2013
So...... at this point in time i'm making waffles with cream and knocking on my bedroom wall in the hope my hero knocks back! Following on from Her Forbidden Hero, I knew I was in for something amazing with this story. We got to learn more about Brady Scott, the older brother of Alyssa and best friend of Marco. We got to find out more about his 'daddy issues' with Joseph, which strangely left me with mixed feelings as it changed my opinion from book one. Then my emotions and interest in this story went full pelt when he saw Joss Daniels, prepare for a full on, attention grabbing and heart warming story that had me in happy tears at the end but many a oh my God tears during, trust me! Meeting the Vieri family had a odd effect on me, I found myself thanking them via my kindle for all that they had done. This series is worthy of all 5 stars but that's only because i can't give it more on this site. Right knocking isn't working, I wonder if there is a Santa around........

Leave Me Breathless (Ross Siblings Book 3)
Leave Me Breathless (Ross Siblings Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars I wanna see Casper!, 23 Jan. 2013
WOW!!!!!! Did I mention, WOW! The third book in The Ross Siblings Series and I have to say probably my favourite. Seth Warren aka Ghost will defiantly stir up a feeling or four whilst you're reading about him and should I mention his pierced....... but jeez Macy Rodgers is one heck of a lucky woman. The story was hot, spicy and very thrilling. As with most books in a series, past characters, you got to catch up and find out what they were up to so Cherrie, thank you for more Brian Ross!! Getting back to the story and away from Casper, it had everything and more that you will need to keep your attention and like me, it will stop you putting down your kindle until you finished (and then you need a cold shower) Ghost and Macys relationship had its ups, downs, complications but also happy times, very happy! Loved the relationship and banter between Ross the boss and Ghost with the most, this added something extra to the story. On a serious not about this series, it does bring home that maybe we should never judge a book by its cover.

Try Me (One Night with Sole Regret series Book 1)
Try Me (One Night with Sole Regret series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars I am officially a Sole Regret Groupie......., 23 Jan. 2013
Nooooooooo, I've finished Try Me, I wanted more. Bloody hell, if your after a short, hot burst of a story this is right up your street! We meet Gabriel Banner aka Force, a hot tattooed drummer from the band Sole Regret. Gabe encounters Melanie Anderson and well after that the pair of them well and truly have my attention. Once again it shows us that maybe we shouldn't judge a book by its cover, Mel certainly learnt that lesson in more ways then one. Loved the freedom and I don't care nature that her best friend Nikki had but glad that she didn't overshadow Melanie, who defiantly grows into her own. But i didn't care much for the lead singer Shadow, because what previous books have taught me...... its all about the drummer!

Tempt Me (One Night with Sole Regret series Book 2)
Tempt Me (One Night with Sole Regret series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Right..... I have handed in my notice! I wanna become his personal sex slave., 23 Jan. 2013
Bloody nora, I didn't think it could get any better then Try Me in The Sole Regret Series but how wrong was I! Adam Taylor is a complex man who has had a hard upbringing and we have his father to blame for that. Madison is the person who has been there from the start and no doubt will be there for him anytime, anywhere! I am one happy lady as I still got my fix of Gabe, the hot drummer but I kinda have to share my heart a little with Adam now. His story, broke my heart and several times during Tempt Me, I got goose bumps especially at 'that moment', who knew somebody knocking on a door, twice, could be so annoying and frustrating, you'll know. Shade, I did say that I wasn't keen on him but I hold my hands up, my opinion has changed and what has gone on between him and Adam, I am hoping to find out more about. I have my own thoughts as to why they are going through a rough patch, well for the past four years, I think it has more to do with what happened to Adam but I don't wanna ruin it to much for you. This story is hot but also has an emotional, I'm routing for them with everything I have feel about it! 5*, but would love to give it more.

"That look will get you diamonds, baby," he said "but not my cock pierced"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6