Profile for Moyra Wight > Reviews

Content by Moyra Wight

Moyra Wight

The Four Streets (The Four Streets Trilogy)
The Four Streets (The Four Streets Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Remarkable Page Turner, 24 Oct. 2015
This Trilogy would make wonderful Christmas presents for women of all ages. All three are beautifully written page turners. The characters are totally believable - every one can be seen so clearly - like watching a movie and wanting to hear them say their next line. Some will make you laugh out loud and others will have you sobbing. There are certainly surprises along the way - to make you catch your breath - make you mad and most decidedly have you roaring for justice - which comes - but all in good time.

I bought Four Streets on my Kindle for 2014 Holiday - I did not know at the finish that there were to be two more books, making this a remarkable Trilogy.

I purchased both - Hide her Name and Ballymara Road - only this week and could not put either of them down. Recommend all three most highly.

Being a Scottish war baby I can relate to shortage of food and how every penny still counted even in the 50's but this was eclipsed by the kindness of mothers who made others less fortunate welcome in their homes to share meals and many happy hours - day in and day out.

Being a Catholic with Irish ancestors I can also relate to the importance of the characters faith but am heartily ashamed of the cruelty of so much of the Catholic Hierarchy and trust that those days can never be repeated.

Now that I have experienced the quality of Nadine Dorrie I will certainly be looking at her other books.

Dressing the Queen: The Jubilee Wardrobe
Dressing the Queen: The Jubilee Wardrobe
by Angela Kelly

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 20 Feb. 2014
I got my first copy for myself - just adore it - the pictures and the in depth stories. I then bought one for my daughter in London and yet another one for my daughter in law from USA amazon. They too are quite enthralled with the detail of the book. I have never seen our Monarch look so good since Angela Kelly became involved with dressing the Queen. Not have I ever seen such a wonderful picture as is on the front cover - more inside too that just makes you smile at her Majesty doing the model thing.

Well done Miss Kelly.

Perhaps you would like to do another book showing how the Queen dresses down at Balmoral?

Private Eye Annual 2013 (Annuals)
Private Eye Annual 2013 (Annuals)
by Ian Hislop

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for guys, 20 Feb. 2014
Purchased this for my son in law at Christmas and am told it is a great pick up and read