Profile for lynnie09 > Reviews

Excellent item am delighted

Grisport Women's Lady Hurricane Hiking Boot Brown CLG623 6 UK
Grisport Women's Lady Hurricane Hiking Boot Brown CLG623 6 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfy, 8 Jan 2013
From the word go these boots were like putting on a pair of slippers they were so comfortable. I am delighted with them

Voices of the Valley
Voices of the Valley
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars A gift, 8 Jan 2013
This review is from: Voices of the Valley (Audio CD)
I bought this as a present so i haven't listened to it but the receipient was really pleased with it.

Reiki
Reiki

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 Jan 2013
This review is from: Reiki (Audio CD)
I already owned this and bought it for a friend who has just started healing with Reiki because I thought it was so good.

Healing Trauma: A Pioneering Program for Restoring the Wisdom of Your Body
Healing Trauma: A Pioneering Program for Restoring the Wisdom of Your Body
by Peter A. Levine

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 8 Jan 2013
Having been to a 'working with trauma' workshop I thought I would start with this but the CD is not what I expected so may get one of Peter Levine's other books which I think will be more helpful to me.

Handy Dad: 25 Awesome Projects for Dads and Kids
Handy Dad: 25 Awesome Projects for Dads and Kids
by Todd Davis

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 Jan 2013
This was bought as a present so i didnt read it but I am told there are some great projects in the book.

Rugby's Greatest Characters
Rugby's Greatest Characters
by John Griffiths

4.0 out of 5 stars V Good, 8 Jan 2013
This was bought as a present so i didn't read it - the recipient seemed very pleased with it and hadn't read it before.

Djeco Wooden Veterinary Set - Bobodoudou
Djeco Wooden Veterinary Set - Bobodoudou

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor value for money, 6 Dec 2012
The case is carboard with cheap clasp and handle and the items inside were poorly made. It really was not worth £22+ I would have baulked at paying £6.99 if I had seen it in a store. However i returned it and received a refund without any quibble.

Soulmate
Soulmate

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 20 Sep 2012
This review is from: Soulmate (Kindle Edition)
I have tried, and failed, to write a novel in the past and I know how difficult it is. You have to develop and make the characters believeable, the story has to move along and it isn't as easy as everyone thinks it is going to be. So I applaud Tricia for attempting this. On the face of it this novel has all the required elements for a good read, unrequited love, family dynamics, a possible 'murder' but for me it sadly fell short . I stuck with it and read it to the end but found that it dragged. Where was the excitement, the passion (and I don't mean sex) and the dashing hero? It was like reading about the boring, humdrum sections of my own life and I don't want that from a book - I've lived it once and certainly don't need to read about it. I also feel that the contract catering world just doesn't have enough excitement to base a book on. I found the narrative didn't flow well in places and the introduction of step sisters and a poor relationship with a parent that suddenly popped up three quarters of the way through the book without being set up before hand seemed odd. The best part of the book in terms of really getting into the character of Tillie were the last half dozen chapters and if Tricia could just have done that earlier in the book it would have improved it for me. In the kindle edition there were too many spelling mistakes and grammatical errors that I found really annoying I hope the paperback version was better proofread. Having said all of that this is a first novel so I hope that Tricia keeps going - this one isn't a '50 shades' but the next one might be,
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 13, 2012 12:23 AM GMT

Tai Chi Chuan - Classical Yang Style In Five Chapters [DVD]
Tai Chi Chuan - Classical Yang Style In Five Chapters [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rupert F. Shonaike

4.0 out of 5 stars I wish ....., 16 Sep 2012
The dvd is great but I wish at the end he would perform the whole form without breaks or commentary. Otherwise it is a great instruction DVD.

Page: 1 | 2