Profile for Sáss Alæssí > Reviews

Content by Sáss Alæssí

Sáss Alæssí (Congleton. Cheshire East, England)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20
58 Sex Stories: blogs, stories, & diary shorts
58 Sex Stories: blogs, stories, & diary shorts

2.0 out of 5 stars Cuprinol !!, 5 May 2013
As a metaphor I used the name of the manufacturers of Ronseal Varnish, Cuprinol, qho coined the name infamous saying "It does what it says on the tin". Well that's exactly what you get here, it does exactly what it says on the cover.

Recession-busting Britain: Best Free Experiences
Recession-busting Britain: Best Free Experiences

3.0 out of 5 stars A thoroughly English read what what what, 5 May 2013
I'm not English, I'm actually an Icelander living in England so i get to see things from an outsiders perspective. This book offers you so much to do but in a very English manner. One very excellent thing however, it genuinely does fill your diary with stuff to do mostly for free all around the UK. See you in July friends hehe

Haunted
Haunted

2.0 out of 5 stars Expecting too much., 5 May 2013
This review is from: Haunted (Kindle Edition)
If you're expecting a scary thrilling read, well, quite simply this book is as scary as my washing basket for of dirty laundry, it just doesn't seem to find it's feet and get going at any point which is a crying shame because the mount of research that went into this book seems to be phenominal

Connections (New Adult Romance)
Connections (New Adult Romance)

3.0 out of 5 stars Just don't know...., 5 May 2013
Just don't know if I like this read or not. I'm going to have a bath shortly and read it once more in my bath. One saving grace is the highly erotic image on the cover. That would make a fabulous large scale poster.

Beautiful Mess
Beautiful Mess

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 5 May 2013
This review is from: Beautiful Mess (Kindle Edition)
What a great way to describe the after effects of a sexual encounter. It's like comparing an orgasm into "Beautiful Agony". If you think like this you'll get the gist of this read.

Hamlyn QuickCook: 50 Recipes: A free taster of the new cookery series
Hamlyn QuickCook: 50 Recipes: A free taster of the new cookery series

3.0 out of 5 stars if only....., 5 May 2013
If only the author would come round and cook these meals for me too they would be delicious. I really do like the recipes but typically in this day of "everything ready in 30 seconds" finding the patience to cook is without me now. Fab recipes tho'

A Geek in Japan (The Traveling Geek Book 1)
A Geek in Japan (The Traveling Geek Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars *giggle*, 5 May 2013
Each page in this exremely well written and translated book puts a smile on your face. It could only ever be written about Japan because there is nowhere else like Japan and it's beautiful people.

HIRAGANA KATAKANA, Japanese Syllabaries Chart
HIRAGANA KATAKANA, Japanese Syllabaries Chart

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime book, 5 May 2013
I'm an enormous lover of Calligraphy as it's known in China, or Syllabaries, as it is in Japan. Their writing is elegant, intelligent and beautiful. The west could learn a lot from their examples. Even street signs in both Japan & China are elegant. If, like me, you're a follower of Kanja etc then you've found a lovely book to enjoy.

A Gaijin's Guide to Japan: An alternative look at Japanese life, history and culture

5.0 out of 5 stars Gaijin, that's me., 5 May 2013
I adore Japan and everything about the country, if I could find a job out there I'd leave tomorrow. Gaijin translates to either Foreigner or Alien, so take your pick which one you are, I'm happy to be both. I even have a tattoo on my left arm to confirm this fact. Japan is a country of just about every contradiction known to mankind and this book doesn't even scratch the surface of this fact. I think the author could've gone a little deeper into some of their facts but an enjoyable read was had by me. Some reviewers have been extremely scathing of the author, most criticisms very unwarranted I think, if these people really think the author was that bad then write a better book yourself why don't you? Calm down everyone, it's just light reading after all.

Bad Science
Bad Science

4.0 out of 5 stars Yes!, 5 May 2013
This review is from: Bad Science (Kindle Edition)
With chapters like "Why clever people believe stupid things" and "Is mainstream medicine evil?", a great read, couldn't put it down until finished. I especially liked the chapter "Health scares" hehehe

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20