Profile for L. Martin > Reviews

Content by L. Martin

L. Martin (Scotland UK)

The Vegan Slow Cooker: Simply Set It and Go with 150 Recipes for Intensely Flavorful, Fuss-Free Fare Everyone (Vegan or Not!) Will Devour
by Kathy Hester

5.0 out of 5 stars The Vegan Slow Cooker, 22 Oct 2012
I definitely recommend this book as not only does it contain really helpful information about preparation of foods eg. soaking of beans.... there are recipes in here for how to produce a loaf of bread, bake a cake and bake potatoes !!! fabulous. Once you have got in to the routine of preparation, you can you pop in all of your ingredients, go off to work and come home to a fresh and delicious meal - all ready.

Aquabourne Wind up & Solar Radio AM/FM/WB - use anywhere as it's splash proof! White finish
Offered by Home & Travel

5.0 out of 5 stars Solar powered Wind up radio, 1 July 2010
I love my little 'Solar powered Wind up Radio' It's such a relief to no longer need batteries - especially for the planet's sake as well as cost. One minute is really all it takes to wind it up and away you go !!! But of course if you sit your little box at the right place to absorb bright light, it will charge up through it's little solar panel !!!! I'm delighted and would DEFINATELY recommend one to everybody !!!

Flower Fairy Alphabet (The original flower fairy books)
Flower Fairy Alphabet (The original flower fairy books)
by Cicely Mary Barker

1.0 out of 5 stars A Flower Fairy Alphabet, 6 July 2009
This book was advertised amongst other Alphabet design books - ie craft. I made the mistake of assuming ( oh dear) that each alphabet letter would be of an elaberate design incorporating a fairy !!!! No, just an alphabet letter written next to a pretty fairy...... I'm glad it didn't cost much - I've given it to a charity shop.
Should purely be in the childrens alphabet section and not craft. Especially if your'e unable to properly view the inside.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 9, 2013 8:10 PM GMT

Cure Tooth Decay: Heal and Prevent Cavities with Nutrition (First Edition)
Cure Tooth Decay: Heal and Prevent Cavities with Nutrition (First Edition)
by D.D.S. Timothy Gallagher

5.0 out of 5 stars Cure Tooth Decay, 22 May 2009
This is a very informative read and makes complete sense (I say complete - apart from the suggestion that we eat 'Raw Meat' I don't eat cooked animals let alone raw ones ! ) The main suggestion is based around eating Raw foods which I have dabbled in previously and certainly intend to do so again as it makes complete sense, that by putting 'living' foods into our system is going to keep our blood healthy and therefore our 'tooth pulp' found inside the tooth ! If we feed our bodies processed/dead foods full of toxicity and chemicals, sugar, hydrogonised fats etc we can't possibly expect our blood to be healthy and therefore the blood that feeds the pulp inside the tooth !!!! Makes complete sense... This book has re-inspired me to begin eating raw foods once again and cut out all that 'has'nt grown' As for going to the Dentist.... This is all explained once again inside the book and makes you want to try to heal yourself first before atempting to receive vast amounts of unnecessary dental work that really is a temporary 'patch' because it's down to 'us' to perform the 'cure' of decay, not the dentist. If we continue to eat the same foods - that problem will never go away. VERY GOOD BOOK.