Profile for H. Andrews > Reviews

Clean Language: Revealing Metaphors and Opening Minds
by Wendy Sullivan
Price: 16.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Superclean!, 13 July 2014
This is really clearly, or cleanly, written. It has sparked my interest in metaphor, and is already influencing my coaching style. Clients find it very helpful to have their awareness raised through opening up how they have been thinking about things. I can't imagine sticking to the prescribed questions alone, but I hope my questioning has improved, by becoming more free of my own views, as a result of reading this book.

Dark brown leather washbag framed wet pack Buchanan design by Rowallan
Dark brown leather washbag framed wet pack Buchanan design by Rowallan
Offered by i-Bargain Store Ltd
Price: 36.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I hoped it would be, 13 July 2014
Not sure why Amazon offered me a choice about the fit of this wash bag, to start a review, but it has proved just what I hoped. Capacious, expensive-feeling, with single main internal space plus two external zipped pockets. The whole thing squashes up nicely when half full, or seems to expand as much as necessary when I fill it.

Challenging Coaching: Going Beyond Traditional Coaching to Face the FACTS (foreword by Sir John Whitmore PhD)
by John Blakey
Price: 19.39

1.0 out of 5 stars One for macho coaches, 31 May 2014
I did not make it to the end of this book. These men's tone is exaggeratedly harsh. They overdo their supposed knowledge of the tough world of big business. There is an over-emphasis of how much their message is revolutionary. They denigrate calm, supportive work with mere mortal clients. You perhaps get the feeling it irritated me?

599160 010|Nike LunarGlide+ 5 Black|44,5 US 10,5
599160 010|Nike LunarGlide+ 5 Black|44,5 US 10,5
Offered by RUGASPORT-DE

5.0 out of 5 stars Light but cushioned, 31 May 2014
I have been using up cushioned shoes for a while, but felt I needed to go back to something more squashy for long runs. These are just the ticket, are not heavy, and actually look vaguely acceptable (in black)!

The Chimp Paradox: The Mind Management Programme to Help You Achieve Success, Confidence and Happiness
by Prof Steve Peters
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, applicable model of the mind for managing improvement, 31 May 2014
Just the right balance between simplicity and complexity; readable; repetitive (to reinforce key messages). A lovely tone: both accepting yet firm. If you have chosen to improve yourself, or facilitate others who are trying to do so, this is on the basic reading list

Garmin Forerunner 10 GPS Running Watch - Black/Red
Garmin Forerunner 10 GPS Running Watch - Black/Red
Price: 72.68

5.0 out of 5 stars All I need, 14 Dec 2013
After having had more complex Garmins for my running, and not used their functions I am very pleased to have down-graded. It is light, easy to collect to G Connect, and has every function I need. I heve not yet mastered creating my own laps, though!

Mizuno Wave Evo Cursoris Running Shoes - 9.5
Mizuno Wave Evo Cursoris Running Shoes - 9.5
Offered by Plutosport
Price: 57.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Curious, 14 Dec 2013
I love the idea of these, but they are too flat (little heel, cushioned forefoot and nothing under the toes) for me at the moment. They work my calves a bit too much, so I need to use them for shorter distances and work up, to acclimatise. They look funny too - the wide toe box makes them feel a bit like flippers!

Coaching Positively: Lessons for Coaches from Positive Psychology (Coaching in Practice)
by Matt Driver
Price: 20.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and helpful, 14 Dec 2013
Matt's book refers to the work of others in Positive Psychology, so works as a tour of the state of that field as applied to coaching. He also uses client examples to clarify how the approach might be used. I have come away from the book feeling more confident in my encouragement of the positive in my coaching practice.

New Coach: Reflections from a learning journey (Coaching in Practice)
New Coach: Reflections from a learning journey (Coaching in Practice)
by Lis Paice
Price: 17.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Lis!, 29 Sep 2013
A very open and honest account of training and working as a coach with the London Deanery' mentoring/coaching service. If a thing doesn't add anything to the point, it doesn't make it into this book, so the take-home messages come thick and fast.
Very useful for someone right near the start of a version of the same journey.

A New Science of Navigation
A New Science of Navigation
by Martin Jenkins
Price: 8.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Five in my constellation, 29 Sep 2013
Palimpsest. Wondered if even the typos were deep and meaningful. Flecks. Apostrophes missing or unwanted. A deck of cards in the space remaining.
This was a fun quick read. If it seemed slightly impenetrable I feel sure that is my short Coming...

Page: 1 | 2