Profile for Caramel > Reviews

The Beautiful Girls' Colouring Book
The Beautiful Girls' Colouring Book
by Jessie Eckel

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Sep 2014
Really like it. Lovely pics to colour. Not repetitive and nothing is pre-coloured in.

Cakeshop 12 x Ryan Gosling Edible Cake Toppers - Premium Wafer Paper
Cakeshop 12 x Ryan Gosling Edible Cake Toppers - Premium Wafer Paper
Offered by cakeshopdotcom

5.0 out of 5 stars Personally I don't like the taste of rice paper, 4 Sep 2014
These went down a storm with the recipient, who (and I quote) "enjoyed having a sugary Ryan Gosling in my mouth". Personally I don't like the taste of rice paper. However the pics were great, but they curled when I applied them. Not that anyone cared to be honest.

The Upside Of Anger [DVD]
The Upside Of Anger [DVD]
Dvd ~ Joan Allen
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars A quietly moving movie., 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Upside Of Anger [DVD] (DVD)
A great quality turn from Joan Allen, a very good actress. Kevin Costner is always friendly and watchable. It provides a good and different picture of relationships, families, and how loss affects everyone. Then how eventually one learns, grows and heals. A good character study piece. The supporting stories (around the daughters) are good viewing too.
When I first saw this film I then re-watched it the same day, I enjoyed it that much.

Mastering Tatting
Mastering Tatting
by Lindsay Rogers

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book, 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: Mastering Tatting (Hardcover)
A fab book with lovely beautiful designs and different ways of interpreting patterns, giving variations as well, for instance a simple clover pattern has 5 different variations - it is a nice way of looking and learning how designs can work.
Spiral bound, clear diagrams and photos, good written instruction. Lovely colour use and layout. A nice but small section with how to and other hints.
My one criticism is that a lot of the bigger pieces involve lots of individual motifs. So a lot of cutting, tying and finishing (I've not learned how to adapt patterns to move on by using split chains/rings) will crop up.
I really like this book. A nice bit of eye candy!

22 Aluminium & Steel Curtzy Crochet hooks in case By Curtzy TM
22 Aluminium & Steel Curtzy Crochet hooks in case By Curtzy TM
Offered by Kurtzie

5.0 out of 5 stars Gave these as a gift, 5 Mar 2014
And the recipient was very pleased with them, if I received them I would be really happy with them! Lovely colours, nice neat case.

Sole Control Comfort - Full Length Orthotic Insoles, arch supports, Metatarsal Pad, and heel cups, all sizes (Small)

3.0 out of 5 stars these are alright,, 5 Mar 2014
they do the job as an arch support - cannot fault them, the arch is a good stiff support - very strange at first until you grow used to them, which I quickly did. They did away with all the back pain, hip pain and some of the foot pain I was getting (amazing what the arches do). However the foam of the heel very quickly flattened and provided no cushioning or comfort whatsoever so the foot pain very soon returned. Perfect for arch support, terrible for comfort.

Spenco Ironman All Sport Replacement Insoles - Yellow/Blue/Red, Size 5-6
Spenco Ironman All Sport Replacement Insoles - Yellow/Blue/Red, Size 5-6
Offered by SportsShop4u

3.0 out of 5 stars These are alright, 5 Mar 2014
I had thought these would have more of an arch support to them - they really don't - I use them in trainers that already have inbuilt arch support - they are of no use in a neutral shoe. There is a reinforced arch to them - so good I suppose for those needing a little bit of support. As a cushioned, comfort, gel insole they are good.

Tatted Garden Alphabet: Letters from an Irish Country Cottage Garden
Tatted Garden Alphabet: Letters from an Irish Country Cottage Garden
by Rozella Florence Linden

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book with thoroughly pretty designs., 5 Mar 2014
I was given this for my birthday - hadn't seen it in all the book browsing I have done. It was a complete surprise, with some new techniques to try and I will finally have to have a bash at cluny leaves (which I have been meaning to try for ages). Featuring something called Over-tatting which is what allows the vines to entwine with the motifs. Balanced double stitch, Reversed double stitch???? As I mentioned new techniques to try out!
The photos are diagrammed and are clear and easy to understand - good close-ups allowing you to count from the photo if need be. She starts off with a great sample practice piece to try. All the written instructions seem ok, but until I sit down with a shuttle and try it for real I don't really know.
The only criticism - is for the Over-tatting technique section at the back - lots of out of focus, poorly lit photos detailing how to perform the technique. However she uses a gigantic thread so you can still get a good idea of what's going on. Again, plenty of written instruction accompanying the photos, that I will only be able to rate when I try following them for real.
Very, very pleased with it overall and really looking forward to having a go!

Seventh Heaven (Legacy of Love)
Seventh Heaven (Legacy of Love)
by Elizabeth Bailey

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read, 8 Sep 2013
Abit of a thrill ride in this one, a strange cast of characters and family members make for a pleasant Legacy of Love read.

The Wise Man's Fear (The Kingkiller Chronicle)
The Wise Man's Fear (The Kingkiller Chronicle)
by Patrick Rothfuss

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoy Rothfuss' books, 8 Sep 2013
And this one does not disappoint. Enjoy it just as much as Name of the Wind, some unlikely happenstances but it's fantasy and enjoyable for all that.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3