Profile for Katie > Reviews

Butterflies in November
Butterflies in November
by Auður Ava Ólafsdóttir

5.0 out of 5 stars Very welcomed gift, 20 Feb. 2015
Got this as a gift for my sister and was told it was an amazing read

Jumbo Easy Grip Tweezers Pack of 6
Jumbo Easy Grip Tweezers Pack of 6
Offered by Just Childsplay

2.0 out of 5 stars Bit disappointed, 20 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Jumbo Easy Grip Tweezers Pack of 6
Very nice bright colours but even I struggle to pick something up with these they are so stiff, maybe we got a faulty batch or something, but there is no way my 3 year old can press hard enough to close them, and nor can our 7 year old neighbour. They are pretty massive too, too big for a 3 year olds hands so only consider for a lot older kid - though I'm not sure how much interest a much older child would get out of them. However, they get the 2 star and not one because they can 'zip- wire' down a piece of string very well, else I would have given them away!

Awesome Engines: Dig Dig Digging
Awesome Engines: Dig Dig Digging
by Margaret Mayo
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Every single day and every single night!!!, 20 Feb. 2015
I'm sick to death of this book but my kids aged 3 and 20 months love it. Bought it for my sons first birthday and not a day has gone past where I have not read, well sang, it!!

Equus
Equus
by Tim Flach

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for little ones too!, 20 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Equus (Hardcover)
Bought this for my 1 and a half year old son who loves horses. I guess he is far from the target audience of this book but he loves it as does my 3 year old. I would never buy a book like this for myself but actually found the photos nice to look at, certainly more than an encyclopedia of horses book we got from the library!

Hamster Buggy Bags (Black/ Red)
Hamster Buggy Bags (Black/ Red)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 20 Feb. 2015
Does exactly as described, no idea how I lived without them!!!

UKayed ® Jelly Fish Mood Lamp Relaxing - Table - Designer - Night - Mood - Light -
Offered by InternetukShop

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but more maintenance required than a fish tank!!!, 20 Feb. 2015
This is pretty, especially in the dark but it was a bit of a misbuy for us. We wanted it as a sort of nightlight for our young children but there is no way of fixing the lid so we considered it too dangerous to have anywhere near them- much to their annoyance! It was a bit of a nightmare to set up and took a few days to get the jelly fish to sink but my husband set it up following the instructions in other amazon reviews and it worked fine. However it kept going mouldy!!! Every week we would have to clean out the jellyfish - I don't remember having to clean out my fish tank that often when I had actual live fish as a kid. Then each time we cleaned it out we d have to wait a few days for the jelly fish to sink and a week later it would be mouldy again! We scrubbed it really well, tried ethanol and anti fungal stuff to clean it all and the mould still kept re appearing the in the water. So we just had enough and it's gone away in the cupboard! Shame because my kids did love to watch them - even if they did get mad that they couldn't touch!

Farm Animal Set Of 12 Pieces
Farm Animal Set Of 12 Pieces

4.0 out of 5 stars but I had strict instructions from my brother that she wanted a whole set of farm animals and not just one and so cheaper ones w, 20 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Farm Animal Set Of 12 Pieces (Toy)
Bought these for my niece and she loves them. They are far from the high quality of schleich animals, which my own children have a few of, but I had strict instructions from my brother that she wanted a whole set of farm animals and not just one and so cheaper ones would be fine. For the money they are great, brilliant value.

AWE® The DiggerTM 15 Vents Kidz Double In-Mould Cycle Bike Helmet CE EN1078 TUV Approvals
Offered by Sports4ever

5.0 out of 5 stars Very lightweight, 19 Feb. 2015
This is the lightest helmet I have ever come across. The actual helmet fits my 20 month old well and he often forgets he has it on, so guessing it must be comfy too. The digger design is less clear than I had expected but he puts it on happily saying 'digger digger'. more negatively the strap is fastened at its smallest and really could do with being a little bit tighter. It won't fall off of his head if he falls from his scooter in the park (which we use it for) but I would be a little bit hesitant to use it for him in a bike seat on a busy road for example, until he was a bit bigger. He is quite small though for his age so I would say it would be fine for most from 18 months or so.

Apple USB SuperDrive
Apple USB SuperDrive
Offered by C&C Consulting S.r.l.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 5 Oct. 2014
you attach it to your Mac, you insert a DVD, you press play, it works. A great, simpler to use, no fuss product, just annoyed that it is not included with the iMacs.

GoKi Wooden Doll's House Living Room
GoKi Wooden Doll's House Living Room

2.0 out of 5 stars pretty but dangerous for young children, 5 Oct. 2014
I was searching for dolls house furniture for my daughters 3rd birthday. i chose this and the 'Bigjigs Toys JT116 Heritage Playset Dolls Furniture Set' and while I can't rate the latter highly enough I was not so happy with this one. Its actually a really nice and pretty product but its expensive for what you get. My main issue however is that it is advertised as a TOY and only says that this is not suitable for under 36 months. I therefore assumed that it would be ok for my 'mature' 3 year old. On the first day she was shuffling around the dolls house and accidentally placed her hand on to the light supplied in this set. It snapped in two and the jagged pole ends cut her hand. This is a dangerous product for a small child and while there is a warning 'adult supervision required' I don't think this is a reasonable request for a dolls house toy and its just better to buy a more solid product such as the one mentioned above (which I'm pretty sure i could stand and jump on every single piece without any breaks!). This one is best kept for adults/ older children's dolls houses.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4