Profile for PM SMITH > Reviews

Content by PM SMITH

PM SMITH "Buster" (London, UK)

College/Steamboat Bill Jr/Three Ages [DVD]
College/Steamboat Bill Jr/Three Ages [DVD]
Dvd ~ Buster Keaton
Offered by RCDiscs.

5.0 out of 5 stars My dearest Buster, 24 April 2010
Wonderful Buster, my greatest obsession.
The first time I saw Keaton was on a rather poor grainy copy of 'One week'
I instantly fell in love, his films can simply never be overrated - they are in a league of their own, an utter joy.
Much to my fiancé's wrath, I've been collecting Keaton bits from that very day and I wish they were all as good as this product.
Well designed, well written information and lots of extras.
The films are wonderfully restored and presented.
Three Ages was always my least favourite of his films but is still highly entertaining in parts, Steamboat Bill is of course - a Masterpiece and along with the dashing Buster, the beautiful Marion Byron and Ann Cornwall in 'College' are wonderful in there roles.

Some cheaper Keaton DVD's are quite poor, I have some that don't even have 'chapter spacings' between the films - so to see the second or third film you have to fast forward like VHS as prehistoric as the dinosaur Buster rides so magnificently in The Three Ages!
(Yes you did read that right!)

If only they were all like this, three disks and terrific photos printed thereon - a must for Keaton and Silent fans.