Profile for Lucy Bailey > Reviews

Content by Lucy Bailey

Lucy Bailey

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
30 QUALITY WOODEN COAT CLOTHES GARMENT HANGERS WITH NON-SLIP TROUSER BAR - 45CM WIDE.
Offered by Saving world

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful quality - have returned for a refund, 20 April 2014
These would be ok for shirts, however when the notches have been cut out on the top I found almost all the hangers were rough or had splinters sticking out. The roughness wouldn't be too much of an issue for shirts, but would have snagged all of my jumpers / silk shirts etc.

Unfortunately you get what you pay for and in this case they were too cheap to be good. Sent straight back for a refund and I have reordered from John Lewis.

PREMIUM WOODEN BELT HANGER - Also suitable for Jewellery and other Accessories - GREAT GIFT IDEA
Offered by Hangerworld

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it say on the tin - just make sure you spread your belts out, 20 April 2014
This does exactly what it says on the tin and has been great for tidying our wardrobe up - no more hanging 10 belts over one hangers and having to get them all off every time we wanted one. The only downside is that it will tip if you load all of your belts on one end and don't spread the weight. Also the hooks are fairly wide so I have a couple of ladies belts that are too narrow. Works perfectly for all gents belts and my wider ones though.

Smiffy's Bear Costume with Hood (Adult, M)
Smiffy's Bear Costume with Hood (Adult, M)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun and cheap but definitely not built to last, 20 April 2014
This is a good option as a one off fancy dress consume and for the price I think its good value for money. However as you would expect for this price range, the material is not good quality, and it is not very well made. It'll probably come out of the dressing up box once or twice more before it goes in the bin.

Speedlink SL-6243-LWT Notary Soft Touch Leather Style Mousepad - White
Speedlink SL-6243-LWT Notary Soft Touch Leather Style Mousepad - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful but does the job perfectly, 20 April 2014
This is a cheep and cheerful mouse mat that does exactly what it says on the tin and looks better quality than you would expect for the price.
More than happy with it as this price.

WD My Passport Studio 1TB Portable Hard Drive with Firewire and Metal Casing - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect addition for my iMac - works perfectly with TimeMachine, 3 Nov 2013
I bought this to go with my new iMac& I am so pleased with its performance.

It works perfectly with Time Machine and does exactly what it says on the tin.

As my computer is also located in my bedroom I was concerned about how much noise it would make, but I can definitely say that this is nearly silent.

No power source needed and it works with Firewire 800 which are both perfect for my needs.

The British Larder: A Cookbook For All Seasons
The British Larder: A Cookbook For All Seasons
by Madalene Bonvini-Hamel

5.0 out of 5 stars Following on from a lovely visit to the pub, this is a great reminded, 3 Nov 2013
We visited the pub last year and bought this shortly after as a reminder of our visit.

The book follows the same principles as the blog & pub - local, seasonal produce well cooked and exquisitely presented.

The photographs are stunning and the recipes are clear and concise. This is definitely a book for the foodies rather than for people looking for weekday dinners, but I certainly wouldn't be without it in my kitchen.

Blue and Tan Leather Wallet Smart Flip Case Cover for The New iPad 4 (with Retina Display) + iPad 3 + iPad 2 with Full Sleep Wake compatibility
Offered by Purplemoose007

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Buy for the Price, 3 Nov 2013
This is my second purchase as I was so pleased with the first one. I have had the first one for nearly a year now and it is still standing the test of time.

"Great buy and works even better than the official iPad stand I had before. The feel of the product is good and it is lasting well. I find the pocket on the back really useful when popping into meetings.
Especially given the price, I think this is the perfect buy."

Sony MDRZX300B.AE Outdoor Headband Headphones - Black
Sony MDRZX300B.AE Outdoor Headband Headphones - Black
Offered by EXTREME DEALS

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap & cheerful - reasonable sound quality but they do nothing to block out the background sound, 3 Nov 2013
The title says it all.

For the price these offer reasonable good noise quality and I don't think you would find much better for the price.

However, I didn't find them to be a great fit and because of this there was absolutely no difference in the level of background noise.

I kept these but will definitely be investing in a more expensive pair soon.

Winslet Wedding Shoes Ivory Size 7
Winslet Wedding Shoes Ivory Size 7
Offered by Elegant Steps

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect wedding shoes & the cheapest price I could find, 3 Nov 2013
I had seen this online elsewhere and after a little bit of research the cheapest price I could find was Amazon.

There are a nice small heel which is easy to walk in. They were also incredibly comfortable to walk in and didn't cause me any pain or blisters.

The material is lovely and cleaned off well when I got them a little muddy in the afternoon.

The only thing to be wary of is the sizing which I found came up a little small. I am usually a 6 and had ordered both the 6 & 7 just in case. I ended up keeping the 7.

Kitchen Craft Cutter Scraper Stainless Steel
Kitchen Craft Cutter Scraper Stainless Steel

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for baking - but if you are looking for a sharp edge, this is not for you, 3 Nov 2013
I use this primarily when I'm baking or making pasta: scrapping the work surface, chopping dough / gnocchi etc. and it is perfect for the job.

I also imagine it would be perfect for scraping ingredients. The only thing I would say is that you should not buy this expecting it to have a sharp edge. It has been fine for scrapping, but is definitely not sharp.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3