Profile for Hucairz > Reviews

Content by Hucairz

Hucairz (West Midlands, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Leagoo Lead 3s Android 4.4.2 Kitkat RAM 1GB ROM 8GB 4.5 Inch Mobile Cell Phone 3G WCDMA GSM Cortex A7 MTK6582 Quad core 1.3Ghz Dual Camera 8.0MP 2.0MP Bluetooth BT4.0 GPS WIFI Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Very much value for money and a good looking Android phone if you are not a brand snob, 8 Jan. 2015
After owning a number of Chinese android phones I decided to upgrade to a more recent model.

My last was a ZTE 790. This Leagoo is light years better - despite being about the same price that I paid for the ZTE about a year and a half ago.

I've only had the phone for a few days, but I'm very impressed so far.

Note: This is the Lead3S upgraded model - 1G memory and 8G storage - a big improvement over the earlier 512M/4G version and a real 8M rear camera not the 5 interpolated to 8 (all else remains the same - visually just added S to the logo on the back - Lead3s)
Check what version you are getting if you get this phone elsewhere!

Good:
- Clear bright screen, excellent viewing angles.
- Resolution is OK for me though low by current standards, everything onscreen is very clear - I just cant zoom out as far on a web page as I might with a higher rez.
- Feels very quick, has run with no lag whatsoever no matter what I've loaded.
- Feels solid for a plastic phone, nice patterned back feels more premium that the usual cheap Chinese clones.
- Looks like a modern squareish design, way smaller but not too dissimilar visually from a Sony Z1 to a (very) casual glance
- GPS works fine, gets quick lock
- Latest Kit Kat feels very smooth and polished
- Pretty much stock android, very easy to swap launcher etc to customise
- 1G RAM gives room for lots of running apps and services as does the 8G internal sensibly split into internal and virtual SD
- Gets better phone signal than my old ZTE

Annoying:
- No notification LED
Have to wake screen to check if charging/charged and to check for texts etc
- Touch buttons are not illuminated

I'll update as to longevity when I've had it longer...

After living with the phone a few weeks I'm still very happy - it needs charged every night unless its hardly used at all - though it made a Friday to Monday on one charge being on standby most of that time (wifi off) with about an hour of gps use and a few texts sent/received.

I'm on vodaphone and so far the 3G has been fine on just 2100 - though I don't make much use of mobile internet.

UPDATE: several months in and I'm still happy - but the battery life can sometimes be shocking short. Its a powerful phone - if you play music, watch movies etc you'd better have a charger handy. Calls, text and standby don't drop the battery much, but music and video do. An hours playing music with screen on (I sometimes use it as an in car mp3) can drop the battery by 30%.
Time to buy myself an external battery pack/recharger I think...

SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Silver/Black
SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Silver/Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic sound, 10 Jan. 2014
Excellent sound quality for in-ear, good clear strong base and crisp high end.

Good at insulating from outside noise too, I'm very happy.

Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li 2727 Black UK Replacement Laptop Keyboard
Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li 2727 Black UK Replacement Laptop Keyboard
Offered by Power4Laptops

3.0 out of 5 stars Fits perfectly and works fine - minor issues, 10 Jan. 2014
Fitted perfectly and works fine.

However the fn- number key combinations (WIFI on/off - Mute - Sleep etc) on this keyboard do not match my Fujitso Siemens amilo li 2727 originals - they are in a different order - so I have to have a note of the originals on a sticky note on the laptop.

Marmitek MegaView 20 Audio Video Sender Over Coax
Marmitek MegaView 20 Audio Video Sender Over Coax

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine to transmit signal from virgin Tivo to tvs in other rooms, 10 Jan. 2014
I bought this as I replaced sky with Virgin (a bad experience for me - wouldn't recommend to anyone!)

My sky+ had RF out - the Virgin Tivo doesnt. I connected this up with a scart and it works perfectly.

The signal is stronger than the Sky+ output and produces a slightly fuzzy but perfectly viewable signal on my TV upstairs and in the kitchen via COAX.

Flying Pig Sports Toys and Outdoor
Flying Pig Sports Toys and Outdoor

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, 10 Jan. 2014
Bought this as a secret santa gift

It was random enough - and works fine - we were able to launch it 20 feet or so and the pig noises are funny.

Probably wont last long - feels a bit flimsy - but it served its purpose...

11.1V 4400mAh 6 cell Replacement battery for Acer Aspire 3030 3050 3053 3053W...
Offered by EPC (UK) GRP LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Given new life to my old laptop, 19 Nov. 2013
Replaced the original which had a very short (10 mins) power lifetime after 5 long years of use.

Fitted perfectly - now gives hours of charge once charged a couple of times.

Does what it says on the tin!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars cheap works well, 19 Nov. 2013
Cheap, works perfectly - what more could you ask for?

Cables are about the same length as the original psu, plug fits perfectly and securely into the laptop socket.

Produces the right voltage and power, charges fine and doesn't run too hot.

Wilkinson Rear Wheel 36 Hole Single Wall MTB Rim, V-Brake, Solid AX-Largee, Screw On Hub, Silver Spokes - 26 x 1.75 Inches, Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars does the job perfectly, 19 Nov. 2013
Bought as a replacement for a wheel whose bearings were beyond repair - works perfectly - freewheel swapped over and new wheel fitted in minutes.

Good value and works perfectly - bearings smooth perfectly stable

Cyclo CYC393 Pro Series Freewheel Remover Shimano Uniglide
Cyclo CYC393 Pro Series Freewheel Remover Shimano Uniglide
Offered by FireCloud Cycles

4.0 out of 5 stars does the job, 19 Nov. 2013
I bought a replacement rear wheel and needed to swap the freewheel over - this tool did the job perfectly with no stress.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, neat, efficient, 19 Nov. 2013
I bought this to replace the wireless on my elderly sky (rebadged netgear) router. The sky one has always had very poor wireless with many devices dropping connection even with supposedly strong signal.

I have disabled the sky wifi and plugged this little replacement in instead.

It worked perfectly and I no longer have to worry about my tablet dropping connection.

The router is tiny! - the power supply is bigger than it is - but it works fine.

Setup was easy - I plugged it in, went to http://192.168.0.154 with a browser and set up its wireless key etc as I wanted a key I could remember - If I'd accepted the default I could have just plugged it in and done no setup at all.

A perfect piece of technology - set it and forget it.

The USB cable supplied as part of the power supply and the network cable supplied are both very very short but that was fine in my case - you will have to swap them if you want to position the router > 0.5m from a plug or the wired net access.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3