Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Salford UK)

TopAce® Huawei P9 Case, Premium PU Protective Leather Case / Flip Case / Wallet Case for Huawei P9 (Black)
Offered by AceTechUK

1.0 out of 5 stars Affects camera performance, looks cheap., 5 Jun. 2016
Feels cheap, looks cheap, and what is worse it seems to interferes with the camera as it affects the dual lens technology - I tested it with and without the case. I had to discard it after 2 days.
Without it this phone looks and feels high quality, but it is like painting a Bentley with emulsion. It deserves something much higher quality, if anything at all.

First2savvv dark brown premium quality genuine leather camera case pouch bag with shoulder strap for CASIO EX-ZR500 panasonic LUMIX ZS30 LUMIX DMC-TS5 SAMSUNG Smart Camera WB50F WB35F Nikon COOLPIX S9700 S9600 S9500 Panasonic LUMIX TZ60 with mini tripod
Offered by FIRST2SAVVV

2.0 out of 5 stars Too big for a TZ60, 16 July 2015
It may look good and it may be of good build quality, but it is not the right size for a TZ60 - it is too big - and the clasp doesn't always shut properly. The loose fit and the dodgy clasp caused my camera to fall out when I leaned over and gave it a nasty dent (it still works, thank goodness). I am now looking for something that is more suitable.

Kindle Paperwhite (6th generation), 6" High Resolution Display (212 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi

1.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea, 30 Dec. 2014
I got one of these from a client as a free gift last week. I'm so glad I didn't have to fork out any money for the thing as I found it to be an awful object, fiddly and difficult to read. I took it to Oxfam today, but I feel sorry for whoever buys it; my only consolation is that any money will go to charity.

GTMax Black Camera Nylon Case + 6FT Micro HDMI Cable + Black Flexible Mini Tripod for Sony Ultra-Slim Cyber-shot TX30 WX300 , Panasonic Lumix SZ9 TZ40 FT5 ,Nikon COOLPIX S6500 ,Olympus SH Series SH-50 ,TG-630 , TG-620 ,SZ-16 ,TG-830 ,TG-2 ,XZ-2 iHS ,Sony WX80 ,RX1 , FujiFilm FinePix XP60

1.0 out of 5 stars The belt attachment lasted all of two days, 28 April 2014
Not good if you have an expensive piece of kit such as a TZ60 in it at the time - lucky I noticed. I'll not send it back as the attachments might come in useful, but don't buy this is you value your camera.

Overgrown
Overgrown

1.0 out of 5 stars Sorry - I don't get it, 31 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Overgrown (Audio CD)
I'm all for experimental and 'difficult' music, but this one just doesn't do it for me. I have put it on a few times but I just have to put something else on as it hurts my ears - it is a long time since I have felt like this with a piece of music!
It reminds me of a previous Mercury winner, Antony and the Johnsons, which I wasn't too keen on either. Dirge-like and depressing.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 18, 2015 10:03 PM GMT

Sony Xperia T James Bond UK Sim Free Smartphone - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars I hate this phone!, 9 Dec. 2012
The camera is a disgrace - don't believe a word they say about it being fantastic. I am coming from a Nokia N8, which is (was) top of its class, and I therefore have high expectations, but even so I would have expected something better. Also when using the video the thing heats up to the point that it shuts itself down. I now take my Nokia with me for camera purposes - I refuse to use the one on the Sony.
The battery usage is spectacular - it is the only phone I have ever had where the battery actually DISCHARGES when plugged in the car charger or via my PC. Under normal usage you can even watch the power percentage going down.
It is full of useless gimmicks, or gimmicks that appear to have no function at all - the much-vaunted NFC appears to serve little purpose other than to share youtube pages, but should you ever need to do this you have to first make sure that both devices with this function have it turned on and then you have to rub them together, by which time it is just quicker to type the title/URL manually.
Similarly wi-fi direct. It has such an option, but it apparently does zilch. I'm pretty savvy with these things, but to claim that this will usurp bluetooth is pushing the limits. My wife has a galaxy S3, and we tried sharing files this way, but it is impossible. It also does not connect to my PC and I therefore cannot synch photos, calendar dates, etc. I downloaded the Sony PC companion, but it just kept opening pop-up windows.
Sony helpdesk is unable to explain any of this coherently, other than 'look in the handbook', or 'there's an app for that' but that doesn't help either. Orange just fobs you off saying 'nobody uses that anyway'.
I have a huge list of 'dislikes' about this thing, but more about android in general, so I won't go into them here.
I might as well have a £9.99 phone that you can pick up at the checkout till in Morrisons.
To cap it all, I have only had the phone for a few weeks and the coating on the back is already starting to peel, and I hardly ever use it. This seems to be a common problem as several people are complaining about it on the Sony users forum. I urge any current users to check their phones and see if they are experiencing anything similar. If they ever replace this piece of junk for me, it is going straight onto e-bay. Sony has lost a customer here, and I won't be getting an android, either. Unfortunately symbian has gone, almost, but the pureview 808 is still available, so that is going to be the next purchase. At least you knew where you are at with symbian ...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 24, 2013 8:28 PM BST

The Goonies [DVD] [1985]
The Goonies [DVD] [1985]
Dvd ~ Jeff Cohen
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars I didn't like this very much, 20 Aug. 2012
This review is from: The Goonies [DVD] [1985] (DVD)
If there was a rating of zero stars, I would give it zero, no hesitation. A constant stream of screeching with a smattering of poor/smutty jokes, wooden acting, unintelligible dialogue drowned out by a soundtrack that seemed to bear no relation to the plot, a REALLY bad plot line, insincere moralising, etc., etc. Maybe I missed the whole joke and it is meant to be a pile of cr*p. Something like a EuroTrip for kids (which is actually very funny as it is clear that it is supposed to be extremely stupid).
I was watching this with my children and I seriously wanted to enjoy it as the reviews are (for some unfathomable reason) mostly positive, and also because Spielberg had something to do with it, but it got off to a bad start and went downhill from there; when they threatened to liquidise the fat kid's hand I'm afraid that was it for me, but the others persevered almost to the end in the vain hope that it might redeem itself, but no luck there. I was embarrassed to watch this patronising gunk. My seven year-old son thought it stank as well - my five-year-old was probably too young, or else it was all beneath him too. Whatever, next port of call for this garbage is the bin.
There are some truly great 1980s films for kids - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, Star Wars, E.T., Raiders of the Lost Ark, etc., etc. - sadly this is not one of them.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 11, 2013 9:08 AM BST

Colorfactory
Colorfactory

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful album, 13 July 2011
This review is from: Colorfactory (Audio CD)
If this had been produced by a UK/US band, it would have had global success. Just a great album to chill out to.

Along the Enchanted Way: A Romanian Story
Along the Enchanted Way: A Romanian Story
by William Blacker

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book, 9 Nov. 2009
I had always wanted to go to this part of Romania but visa restrictions made it very difficult in the 1980s and I finally got around to it last year. This book just brought the place alive and it is exactly as I found it. I love the many anecdotes, which are amusing and poignant, and shows the deep affection that the author has for the region and its people.
I will always regret not having been there earlier, but I had a great time anyway.
Another book that may be of interest to people wanting to know more is 'Roumanian Journey' by Sacheverell Sitwell - also a fascinating read.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 10, 2010 7:40 PM BST

Of Motets and Misdirection
Of Motets and Misdirection
Offered by swankers3

5.0 out of 5 stars Try and catch them live, 7 May 2006
I saw this band in the function room upstairs in The Wheatsheaf in Oxford and they were interesting, to say the least.

This music is a fantastically strange mixture of deathcore, metal, pop, jazz, etc, and if you can get past the first couple of tracks then you should have no problem with the rest :)