Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for Elise fan > Reviews

Content by Elise fan

Elise fan (United Kingdom)

The Art of Landscape Photography
The Art of Landscape Photography
by Ross Hoddinott

5.0 out of 5 stars I have quite a few photography books and would recommend this one to novices and more experienced photographers alike, 25 Oct. 2015
A well presented informative book. I have quite a few photography books and would recommend this one to novices and more experienced photographers alike. It covers all the basic principles and techniques in simple terms without being overly technical. The example photographs within the book nicely illustrate the points explained in each chapter.

SLx 27884K 48 Element Digital TV Aerial Kit
SLx 27884K 48 Element Digital TV Aerial Kit
Offered by THE ELECTRICAL SHOP

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 6 Jan. 2013
Where I live poor weather sometimes causes me to lose satellite signal. This aerial was bought as a back up so I can watch Freeview on such occasions. I installed it in the loft. I had also bought a TV signal strength meter but didn't even need it. I pointed the aerial in the right general direction and the my Panasonic plasma indicated 10 for signal strength and quality. The aerial was easy to assemble and everything necessary was included in the kit.

Canon EOS 40D Digital SLR Camera (incl. EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens Kit)
Canon EOS 40D Digital SLR Camera (incl. EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens Kit)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent package, 20 July 2008
As a confirmed Canon fan, having previously owned the 350D, I would thoroughly recommend the 40D. The 350D was a great camera and I considered buying both a 450D and a 30D before opting for the 40D. While the 450D has many of the features in common with the 40D the extra size and "feel" of the 40D make it far more comfortable in my large hands. The camera is a pleasure to use and I found the controls and menu system straightforward and intuitive. I debated whether to buy "body only" but the image stabilised 17-85mm lens included in the kit swung it for me. To anyone thinking of buying a digital SLR in this price bracket I would suggest you seriously consider the 40D!

The Digital Photography Book: The Step-by-step Secrets for How to Make Your Photos Look Like the Pros'!
by Scott Kelby

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and straightforward, 20 July 2008
Having recently developed an interest in photography I have bought quite a few books on the subject. For the amateur/enthusiast this is one of the best. It contains lots of really useful practical tips, covering everything from weddings to landscapes, without boring the reader with unnecessary technical jargon.

The author's sense of humour is an acquired taste. At the start of the book it grated on me slightly but by the end I had warmed to it and his interest and passion are obvious. The book is an easy and enjoyable read and I often find myself referring back to it. I also bought the second volume and would equally recommend it as a companion to the first.