Profile for Mr. R. J. Strange-Burlong > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. J. Stra...

Mr. R. J. Strange-Burlong "Roger" (Eastbourne, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Night and Day: 1
Night and Day: 1
by Ken White
Price: 6.60

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read!, 9 Nov 2013
This review is from: Night and Day: 1 (Paperback)
Highly recommended!

I very much enjoyed it. A fresh take on the traditional Vampire genre, and I couldn't help feel a connection with the author through the main character Charlie Welles.

Linens Limited 100% Brushed Cotton Flannelette Fitted Sheet, Pink, Single
Linens Limited 100% Brushed Cotton Flannelette Fitted Sheet, Pink, Single
Offered by Linens Limited
Price: 6.95

5.0 out of 5 stars In the pink!, 14 Feb 2013
For the price I'd say this is worth it.

I bought one a while back, and am just about to order two more.

'Nuff said! ;)

Mini Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad/iPhone 4.0 OS/Window Mobile/Symbian smartphone
Mini Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad/iPhone 4.0 OS/Window Mobile/Symbian smartphone
Offered by cheap4uk(From hongkong,2-3 weeks delivery)
Price: 5.18

1.0 out of 5 stars A truly awful piece of kit!, 22 Sep 2012
Had trouble connecting. I'm not sure if it is the unit struggling or just not recognising the keystrokes I used for the pin code.

The keys often do not connect and I frequently have to go back and retype letters. Using the iPhone touch keyboard is frankly far easier.

This keyboard is the worst bit of tech I have ever laid my hands upon.

STAY WELL CLEAR OF!

X5A / G11 BROWN ANDROID TABLET PC , G-SENSOR ENABLED with FULL HD ( 1080P ) output and 3D Graphics processing power - FASTEST , MOST POWERFUL ANDROID TABLET TO DATE

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 16 Mar 2011
I had purchased the product to use as an colour e-reader and for surfing the net in bed.

My wife already had an iPad and from the reviews that I read it seemed that this product would be a comparable experience. Well it is not.

The touch screen was very jerky and slow to respond which I found so frustrating. It may not be too bad if you have never used an iPad, but if you have then forget this product.

I really wanted this product to be good but it unfortunately fell down on so many areas.

I also had the battery problem which others have mentioned. Apparently at the time 1 in 4 models was suffering the same problem. I sent the product back after a few days. The company was very good and communicated well, and offered they a free repair or a refund so I chose the refund.

If this is the fastest, most reliable Android to date as claimed, then I would steer well clear of Android. One of the problems is that it is a tablet PC running on a mobile phone operating system. I think Android will come into it's own one day and became a good tablet system, but right now it just doesn't come close to the iPad. When they get it right I may well purchase an Android then.

The Armstrong and Miller Show - Series 1 [DVD]
The Armstrong and Miller Show - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alexander Armstrong
Offered by Helgy
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The best comedy Sketch show for my tastes, 8 Nov 2010
I find Armstrong and Miller to be wonderfully clever and funny in their sketches.

Having also seen their live show I discovered that they are even more talented than I realised. They are of the old school performer in that they can act, dance, sing, write, play instruments, in fact just about everything.

As they said during the show "if it doesn't seem funny then it is probably means that it is clever."

Personally I find their material to be both.

Empire: Total War (PC DVD)
Empire: Total War (PC DVD)
Offered by Digitalville UK
Price: 7.68

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this game!, 8 Nov 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I have been table top war-gaming since 1974 and this is the first game that gave me a truly authentic battle feel. I have enjoyed all of the Total War series and this is possibly my favourite although Napoleon is also excellent.

The main reason the reviews seem to show a low average is because a lot of problems with using Steam to run the game. This was my first encounter with Steam and it is now my go to place to buy games, mainly due to their frequent sales.

So if you can get past the idea of the Steam client you will love this game assuming you have enough power to run it. It looks great on full graphics. But if you can't get past the idea of having use Steam, then avoid.

Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command (Nintendo DS)
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command (Nintendo DS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Space Hulk, 9 April 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This game reminds me a lot of the original Space Hulk table top game. Not so much in the layout, but in the rules. It felt natural for me to play.

Napoleon: Total War (PC DVD)
Napoleon: Total War (PC DVD)
Offered by PNA247
Price: 5.50

5.0 out of 5 stars As a long time table top gamer this rocks!, 17 Mar 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I have been playing Napoleonics since 1972 and I switched from table top gaming to PC gaming about 15 years ago. I have played many wargames on PC and there are many good titles out there, but for me Total War are some of the best.

A lot of people have complained about Empire but fortunately I never suffered any of the bugs that others have complained of and absolutely loved the game. Napoleon is also a very good game. The battles are still awesome and the historical accuracy is something I have always enjoyed in Total War.

If you are a wargamer who has enjoyed any of the other Total War series then I am pretty sure that you will enjoy this as much as I have.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars I actually like this product, 31 Dec 2008
I bought one of these several years ago and it did indeed have a strong plastic smell, which did disappear after a few uses.

After heavy use (at least once a day) it went kaput. So I tried a Russel Hobbs Essentials coffee maker, which I returned because it was incredibly poor manufacture and design. For the heavy use I give a coffee maker it just wasn't fit for purpose.

So I once again purchased this Delonghi coffee maker. It no longer has the plastic smell problem when new, and more importantly to my mind it makes a decent cup of coffee. I like it!

Grand Theft Auto IV (PC)
Grand Theft Auto IV (PC)
Offered by Game Trade Online
Price: 10.58

5.0 out of 5 stars I like the game! :o, 25 Dec 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Grand Theft Auto IV (PC) (CD-ROM)
I am in my mid 40's and have been a gamer for over 30 years. (Grandstand Console).

I have no problem with the DRM, this seems to be the way of the future, especially as we move more online and away from disc's and the like.

The game is heavy on the graphics. I have a dual core with an Nvidia 8500GT 1GB and I have to run the game on pretty low settings. Having said that it still looks good. It plays well and I have had no problems with it.

As for the game itself, it is awesome. I was worried that it might not live up to the franchise, but it does and then some. It has added a lot of extra and new things that you can now do. But in the PC version there are a couple of extra features:

The is the usual function that you can play your own music collection on it. So no surprise there.

But there is built in movie making software. As a machinima director myself who is used to using different types of film making software, I found the included software to be very good. It is basic and therefore user friendly. You can edit, add music, and title overlays. You can also export as WMV so you can outside edit if you so desire.

Update: I have now been playing the game for a couple of weeks and can give a better opinion on it.

It performs very well indeed, I have come across no bugs and have had no crashes. It runs very smoothly for me and looks great.

Often with a new game it is easy to be enthusastic becuase of it's newness. Well now I am familiar with the game, I am actually enjoying it more as it goes along.

There are a lot of people criticising this game for the DRM and the graphics power that is needed. If these things bother you then don't buy it. But if you want a great game regardless, then this is a great choice!

This is now my favourite PC game of all time!

Page: 1 | 2