Profile for Anon > Reviews

Anon

The King's Sister
The King's Sister

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 24 July 2015
This review is from: The King's Sister (Kindle Edition)
I love historical novels, but the one was a very slow read. For once deleted before finishing. Back to Harold-Eagles and Gregory I think!

Languedoc-Roussillon
Languedoc-Roussillon
by Emmanuel Dautant

1.0 out of 5 stars Great book - shame its in French!, 16 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Languedoc-Roussillon (Paperback)
I am sure this book would be great. Nice layout and pictures but its in French which makes it unusable.

Reeds Skipper's Handbook
Reeds Skipper's Handbook
by Malcolm Pearson

5.0 out of 5 stars If you only buy one - buy this one!, 14 Sept. 2011
Reeds Skippers Handbook has recently been voted Club Yachting's sail book of the year and its not difficult to see why.
Its a great little book and edition 4 helped me pass my yachtmaster offshore! The latest edition has only improved on a great pocket sized book. If you have not bought it do so today.
If you already have this then buy the new Reeds VHF handbook!

Iomega 35031 1TB ScreenPlay MX HD 1080p USB Media Player
Iomega 35031 1TB ScreenPlay MX HD 1080p USB Media Player

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy Iomega products!, 28 May 2011
I have bought this item locally as my previous box failed when i moved and this manufacturer was the only one in stock.
I am taking it back after I have copied all the films onto another hard drive (it took a couple of days to save them and file them in categories). It saves the files fine, but locks up when you want to play it via a tv. it gets so hot it marked my desk, and the back up support is :(
Don't buy this product!

The Burning Roses: The Morland Dynasty, Book 29
The Burning Roses: The Morland Dynasty, Book 29
by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Up to her usual high standard, 11 Jun. 2010
Cynthia Howard-Eagles is a great writer. The historical series is fascinating, and her latest book very readable about an area of history I am not so familiar with. Fact mixed with fiction in the is way is a great way to learn things I ought to know.
I have recently started re-reading the complete series from the beginning and its even better the second time around.
Anyone interested in historical novels should buy them all!