Profile for C. Hussey-Yeo > Reviews

Content by C. Hussey-Yeo

C. Hussey-Yeo (Bristol UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Blues Breakers
Blues Breakers
Price: 7.23

5.0 out of 5 stars The content needs no comment unless you happy to be someone who has never come across this ..., 16 July 2014
This review is from: Blues Breakers (Audio CD)
Bought to supplement my vinyl copy and comes with complete versions in Mono and Stereo. The content needs no comment unless you happy to be someone who has never come across this masterpiece before. In which case you are in for some audio nirvana as Clapton has never sounded so good as on this album and John Mayall is also at his breathless best chugging away on his Hammond or whatever and blowing the harp for all his worth. A classic and timeless album.

WWII Quiz
WWII Quiz

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine game for WW2 buffs., 16 July 2014
This review is from: WWII Quiz (App)
Like the idea but it needs more questions as they tend to come around again and again. The degree of difficulty is also very high in the 'master' level. Some very obscure and detailed knowledge required here! However, as the questions tend to repeat you can always get them right the second time around. It does improve your knowledge I suppose as you learn the correct answer so if WW2 is your thing then go for it.

BADLAND
BADLAND

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me., 9 Mar 2014
This review is from: BADLAND (App)
Free download and as fond as I am of a freebie and not averse to whiling away a bit of time playing on my phone, this game didn't do it for me. That's not to say it won't for millions of others, especially young ones, but I deleted it within an hour. These games are difficult on a small screen and require a lot of faculties that seem to have packed their little bags and left me so n the interests of my bllod-pressure I decided I could live without it.

Savage Continent: Europe in the Aftermath of World War II
Savage Continent: Europe in the Aftermath of World War II
by Keith Lowe
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Scholarly and well written., 9 Mar 2014
I have often wondered about the aftermath of WW11 and what the impact of this terrible event must have been on the people who were most caught up in it. I was born nine years after the war ended but my father and three of his brothers were all serving sailors and he was the only survivor of the four so it deeply affected me and my family and it struck me that there were millions of stories that totally eclipsed that of mine and they seldom get told. Therefore, and having read one of Keith Lowes books already, I was pleased to see that he had written an account of the aftermath and had high expectations that it would answer many of my questions as to what actually happened. He is a gifted writer as well as an historian and like all the best teachers he manages to convey detailed information without becoming mired in statistics and ultimately losing the readers interest. I am only a casual reader, not a scholar, but Keith Lowe has managed to capture my undivided attention with this book and I can honestly say that I would wholeheartedly reccommend it to anyone who, like me, has an interest in this period in our history. In the light of recent events in the Ukraine the book also manages to shed a lot of light on the events that lie behind it and chillingly hint at what could lay in store if events get out of hand.

Happy Poo Flap
Happy Poo Flap

1.0 out of 5 stars Not my idea of fun., 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: Happy Poo Flap (App)
Didn't enjoy this at all. One for kids maybe. Deleted after 5 minutes. Still looking for a decent game to play.

8 Ball Pool
8 Ball Pool

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me!, 15 Jan 2014
This review is from: 8 Ball Pool (App)
Awkward controls, clumsy and difficult to tune your shots. Much better pool/snooker games out there such as Pool break pro.

Jail Break Rush
Jail Break Rush

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of time., 15 Dec 2013
This review is from: Jail Break Rush (App)
Deleted within 10 minutes as the total lack of instructions meant I couldn't play it. It simply says 'Hold down'. Forgets to mention what!

Philips HD4644/00 White Energy Efficient Kettle, 3000 Watt - 1.7 Litre
Philips HD4644/00 White Energy Efficient Kettle, 3000 Watt - 1.7 Litre
Price: 24.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for speed but limited lifespan., 12 Dec 2013
We have owned this kettle for just over three years and I guess that must equate to the average life expectancy of an electric kettle these days, with or without viewing windows and other weakspots, as ours has just sprung a leak. Furthermore it has done so on the kitchen worktop joint, spilling boiling water onto it in sufficient amounts to cause it to lift the laminate. It only just outlived our last kettle but despite being a tad noisy it certainly boiled water quickly. I approve of the plastic viewing window but it does create a weakspot for potential leaks and in practice it's not that difficult to look down into the kettle to see how much water you've put in. If someone could combine the efficiency of this kettle in boiling water and guarantee that it would never leak they'd be on to a winner.

King Oddball
King Oddball
Price: 1.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun., 16 Nov 2013
This review is from: King Oddball (App)
I'm not normally a game player but thought I'd give this a go as it was free. It's a good fun game that presents a fair degree of challenge and I suspect it will become increasingly more challenging as it goes on. You don't have to be Einstein to play it but it can while away a few spare hours if you have any.

Beyond Ynth HD
Beyond Ynth HD
Price: 0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me....., 25 Oct 2013
This review is from: Beyond Ynth HD (App)
Free download so I thought I'd try it. In fact I found it irritating and deleted it after a short while. Might suit some people but not for me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5