Profile for AndyR > Reviews

Content by AndyR

AndyR "SprintExec" (Cornwall, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Xperia Z3+ Case, Terrapin [GENUINE LEATHER] Sony Xperia Z3+ Case Executive [Brown] Premium Wallet Case with Card Slots & Bill Compartment Case for Sony Xperia Z3+ - Brown
Offered by Terrapin Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it, you won't regret it., 19 Dec. 2015
This well made case was surprisingly inexpensive and offers good all around protection for my phone. What's not to like? Look no further, buy it, you won't regret it.

Our World
Our World
by Molly Malone Cook

5.0 out of 5 stars Love and joy!, 11 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Our World (Paperback)
I commend anyone with a love of photography and a sense of joy about them to read and enjoy this book.

Ready For Anything: 52 productivity principles for work and life
Ready For Anything: 52 productivity principles for work and life

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid advice at a knock down price!, 3 Jan. 2015
Get the benefits of Dave Allen's learning condensed into this easily read, accessible book and you will not look back. Perhaps as a fan of Allen's Good To Do (GTD) principles I came to this book with certain expectations. If so, my expectations were surpassed by the author as he patiently builds upon the essential skills first expounded in GTD. Like many I probably had not got much beyond corralling a host of my open loops. This book has helped me lift my game and helped make me Ready For Anything. Seldom has such good advice been available to so many for such a small price. What's not to like?

The Lost Explorer: Finding Mallory on Mount Everest
The Lost Explorer: Finding Mallory on Mount Everest
by Conrad Anker

5.0 out of 5 stars Conrad Anker and David Roberts co-authored this delightful book which ..., 27 Nov. 2014
Conrad Anker and David Roberts co-authored this delightful book which adds much rich detail to the mystery surrounding Mallory's disappearance on Everest over seventy years before he was discovered by Anker. Listen to Anker on the BBC Radio Four Desert Island Discs podcast and you will surely be hooked into this story.

The Little Field Marshal: A Life of Sir John French (Cassell Military Paperbacks)
by Richard Holmes

4.0 out of 5 stars In Holmes' book I found what I was looking for and felt I could better understand French and his actions and inaction during tho, 23 July 2014
Having read Barbara Tuchman's 'The Guns of August' I found myself wanting to know more about French. In Holmes' book I found what I was looking for and felt I could better understand French and his actions and inaction during those critical days in August 1914. If you are at all interested in the period this book is insightful and balanced and worthy of your attention.

A Guide to the Good Life: The Ancient Art of Stoic Joy
A Guide to the Good Life: The Ancient Art of Stoic Joy

5.0 out of 5 stars I have found my guide to the good life, 11 April 2014
This book is going to be somewhat akin to Marmite that Great British breakfast spread that people either love or dislike. I found myself drawn into the theme. Here's hoping that I can put into practice that which I have learned as that is where the true value of Stoic Joy is to be found.
The chapters are short and easily read. I found the whole philosophy to be one with which I could readily agree. Try it, you may like it!

Adventures of a Reluctant Boating Wife
Adventures of a Reluctant Boating Wife

4.0 out of 5 stars An easy humourous read, 10 Sept. 2013
Adventures of a Reluctant Boating Wife made me laugh which I think is the basic premise of the book. I enjoyed reading these collected snippets. I suspect that the author has made herself out to be a rather less able sailor than she is in reality. If you want to be amused by a short series of nautical tales this book will do the trick.

You Talkin' To Me?: Rhetoric from Aristotle to Obama
You Talkin' To Me?: Rhetoric from Aristotle to Obama

5.0 out of 5 stars Rhetoric?, 10 Sept. 2013
A book packed with gems. I have no hesitation in giving Sam Leith's book a high rating because I found it challenging to read and insightful. I especially enjoyed the section about Peggy Noonan who worked as a speechwriter for Ronald Regan. Reading the story of the US Rangers took me to Normandy and to the Pointe du Hoc. Now that says something about the power of rhetoric!

Nikon Monarch 8x42 DCF WP MK3 Binocular
Nikon Monarch 8x42 DCF WP MK3 Binocular
Offered by WAA Electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright and sharp binos, 24 Aug. 2013
These Nikon binoculars offer incredible value for money. That was what I drew from reading the reviews posted by others before buying. Using the binoculars has confirmed that they are indeed great value for money. The lens caps are fiddly and irritating that I have chosen to remove them. This niggle should not detract from the overall performance of the lenses which I find to be clear, right and crisp.
I have no hesitation in recommending these binoculars.

The Islander. Complete and Unabridged A translation of An tOileánach : An account of life on the Great Blasket Island off the west coast of Kerry

5.0 out of 5 stars The Islander - the recent past brought to life., 24 Aug. 2013
Wending our way around Ireland in our motorcaravan we stopped at many OPW sites of interest. The Blasket Island Centre was one such. The islands are easily viewed from the mainland. This translation of Tomas O'Crohan's book makes accessible his story of life as lived in his time. The book drew me in and I felt the hardship and grittiness required to survive and prosper in those days. If you have any interest in these fascinating islands I recommend that you read this fine book.

Page: 1 | 2