Profile for F. James > Reviews

Content by F. James

F. James "SilencedBacon" (UK)

The Man in the High Castle
The Man in the High Castle
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent job on portraying the book I read in my ..., 18 Jan. 2015
Excellent job on portraying the book I read in my teenage years. I really hope Amazon picks this up and continues it.

Yum Yum Instant Noodles Beef 60 g (Pack of 30)
Yum Yum Instant Noodles Beef 60 g (Pack of 30)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 14 Aug. 2014
Quite delicious although a bit on the spicy side which wasn't particularly clear when I was ordering them. Upon opening the plastic packaging I was confronted with the dried noodles, some flavouring sludge in a sachet and a sachet of dehydrated vegetables (onions etc.). The dehydrated vegetables were surprisingly delicious and had a bit of 'bite' to them, some might say "al-dente".

I tried different cooking methods for this product. For the first attempt I went with the package instructions; dump the entire contents into a large bowl, add boiling water, cover and leave for 3 minutes, uncover, stir and enjoy. I found this method to be decent but sub-optimal, I tried increasing the "cooking" time to 3 1/2 minutes, 4 minutes and even 5. At 5 minutes the noodles become considerably more chewy which is a preference for me, at the recommended 3 minutes they, like the vegetables have a bite to them.

I did try cooking them in a pan of boiling water and stirring, I only tried this because of the unfortunate black specks that are left at the bottom of each bowl I ate. I couldn't find a way to get rid of these specks so the noodles get only 4 stars from me.

German Haribo Jogi Bussi - 200 g
German Haribo Jogi Bussi - 200 g
Offered by EmeseShop

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Condition, 14 Mar. 2014
I was a bit concerned about ordering sweets into the UK from Germany, especially soft jelly sweets like HARIBO but they came in perfect condition and tasted great! I would order again if I ever felt the craving for some Jogi-Bussi.

Ken Hom Everyday 20cm Bamboo  Steamer
Ken Hom Everyday 20cm Bamboo Steamer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality! Perfect for my Dim-Sum!, 2 Feb. 2014
Arrived very promptly after ordering in great condition. The two bamboo steamers come with a nice recipe booklet to help you get started. It mentions it in the booklet but I'll say it here; do not put these through the dishwasher or submerge them in soapy water. They only require a quick rinse and an air-dry before using again.

As for their quality, I have no complaints whatsoever. I have steamed fish/chicken and made some delicious Dim-Sum, there's not much to say about this product other than if you need some bamboo steamers then you can't do wrong by getting these.