Profile for country-girl > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Company of Animals Arms Length
Company of Animals Arms Length

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 1 Nov 2014
A really useful gadget around the garden but the handle isn't totally comfortable.

Hobb's Cottage: A short story
Hobb's Cottage: A short story

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 1 Nov 2014
A wonderful little novella full of atmosphere.

Conversations With My Agent
Conversations With My Agent
by Rob Long
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars More please!, 1 Nov 2014
Fantastic insight into the business of Hollywood. This was laugh out loud funny.

HOUSE OF MALICE
HOUSE OF MALICE

5.0 out of 5 stars A chillingly addictive read, 22 Sep 2013
This review is from: HOUSE OF MALICE (Kindle Edition)
I was really looking forward to this supernatural novella having enjoyed the Vampire Federation books so much and I wasn't disappointed. Scott Mariani does scary so well!

A bestselling author who's gone missing, a spooky cottage in the middle of nowhere and more things that go bump in the night than you can shake a Kindle at - I was hooked from the beginning and couldn't wait to find out what happened to the heroine.

I feel there's definitely scope for more stories set at Summer Cottage and I can't wait to see what Scott does next.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 23, 2013 9:30 AM BST

How I Made Over $42,000 in 1 Month Selling My Kindle eBooks
How I Made Over $42,000 in 1 Month Selling My Kindle eBooks

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational guide to Kindle publishing, 7 Aug 2012
I really enjoyed this book - it was easy to read and very inspirational. I enjoyed following the author's personal journey to Kindle success and it's given me lots of ideas for my own publishing ventures.

How To Teach Someone To Drive (2012 Edition)
How To Teach Someone To Drive (2012 Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent guide, 30 Sep 2011
This book has been so useful! It's clearly written with excellent graphics and covers everything you need to know when teaching someone to drive. Highly recommended.

The Lost Relic (Ben Hope, Book 6)
The Lost Relic (Ben Hope, Book 6)
by Scott Mariani

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Ben adventure!, 10 Feb 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed this book - it was pacy and exciting with all the hallmarks of a great adventure that I've come to expect from Scott Mariani. Once again, Ben has to battle some truly scary villains in his quest to find the truth and there was a brilliant scene in the catacombs below Rome.

A new character, Darcey Kane, is introduced and I like the idea of this complication for Ben's personal life.

Brilliant backstory too, involving the mysterious 'Dark Medusa'.

Looking forward to the next instalment already!

Swimming With Dolphins
Swimming With Dolphins
by Deborah Wright

5.0 out of 5 stars A totally inspiring read!, 23 Jan 2011
This review is from: Swimming With Dolphins (Paperback)
I loved this book! It was warm, poignant and totally inspiring. Deborah Wright has created a cast of wonderfully vivid characters who are so believable. I adored Julia, and her relationship with best friend, Reece, was one of the highlights of the book for me. Luke - the gorgeous traveller with the Bob Dylan T-shirt - was another great character who leapt off the page. I really warmed to him. There was also a wonderful storyline about Julia's search for her father which I found very moving.

Fabulous locations, great touches of humour and complex relationships between characters had me turning the pages rapidly until I'd finished. I now want to write my own 'list' and that could well include swimming with dolphins!

Blackout
Blackout
by Sam Mills

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant and highly original book, 9 Dec 2010
This review is from: Blackout (Paperback)
Sam Mills is one of the most exciting writers we have today and 'Black Out' is a stunning and totally absorbing story that grabs you on page one and doesn't let you go. I instantly connected with Stefan and loved the relationship between him and his father, and I'm still having nightmares about the scene in Trafalgar Square!

If you want to read something totally unique, buy this book. It's a fabulous addition to my Sam Mills collection (don't forget the equally brilliant and thought-provoking 'The Boys Who Saved the World' and 'A Nicer Way to Die').

Thanks for a great read, Sam. I'm already looking forward to the next one!

The Celebrity Mother
The Celebrity Mother
by Deborah Wright

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderfully warm and moving story, 4 Feb 2010
This review is from: The Celebrity Mother (Paperback)
The Celebrity Mother is a warm-hearted and unique story about fading celebrity, Karina West, who thinks she'll secure her place in the limelight when she adopts an Indian girl, Devika. There are so many funny and poignant moments in this book. I really cared about the characters and loved the two different viewpoints especially Devika's adventures at her English school.

What I love about Deborah Wright's books is that they are always original. Whether writing about fairies or modern-day celebrities, she always has something new to say. She's one of my favourite writers and I can't wait for her next book!

Page: 1 | 2