Profile for Jill Marsden > Reviews

Content by Jill Marsden

Jill Marsden (London, United Kingdom)

Dried lavender fragrant - Daisy Gifts Ltd - 500g
Dried lavender fragrant - Daisy Gifts Ltd - 500g
Offered by Sco Logic Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value, 2 Oct. 2014
I tried drying lavender from the garden myself to make lavender bags with students: it was very labour intensive. This purchase was fantastic. It arrived quickly and the price was very reasonable indeed.

Ladies Soft Deluxe Real Leather Gloves with Bow in Black M/L Christmas Gift
Ladies Soft Deluxe Real Leather Gloves with Bow in Black M/L Christmas Gift

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as pictured, 11 Jan. 2014
The gloves looked as though they would be very warm (I ordered 3 pairs to use for presents) but I was very disappointed that instead of the leather bow they had a strip of black lace across them which made them look cheap.

Sewing Box Wooden Shabby chic ~ large
Sewing Box Wooden Shabby chic ~ large

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice picture but internal design not fit for purpose., 16 Dec. 2013
I bought this for my 10-year-old grand daughter who's receiving a sewing machine for Christmas and may not even enjoy or take to sewing, so I didn't want to spend too much and I already have a lot of the sewing requisites with which to fill the compartments. But the compartment size, being square, is very limiting and I have spent too much time online trying to find square tins to fit the little compartments. You can buy a thousand at a time but not six!! You can buy rectangular boxes for buttons in John Lewis, but not square ones! So an empty box would have been better. I liked the design on the lid. I shall also have to try to make something to hold the scissors in the lid. It also isn't well finished and has a rough edge in one place. Not a good purchase in retrospect.

Quilt a Gift
Quilt a Gift
by Barri Sue Gaudel

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a lot of use, 16 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Quilt a Gift (Paperback)
I sent for this book because I like to make small quilted gifts that people I give them to will use. This book is full of - as another reviewer said - twee little projects - OK if you like soft, felt, pretty things strewn around your house but not much use for the practical person, who gets on with things! I felt (forgive the pun) I rather wasted my money and there weren't any items I might be tempted to make.