Profile for Sam Kaye > Reviews

Sam Kaye

Abaddon's Gate: Book 3 of the Expanse
Abaddon's Gate: Book 3 of the Expanse

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh yes., 2 July 2013
Another fantastic instalment. I'm sad to have finished it. I waited a long time for this book to come out and was deeply satisfied with the continued plot. Love the characters, love the universe, love the story, love it all. I'm so glad I found this series of books as they are game changers and will transform you into sci-fi lovers.

The Light of Other Days
The Light of Other Days

2.0 out of 5 stars So much potential.., 14 May 2013
This book had great potential, but sadly it wasn't utilized. The first point of failure is the lack of character build up. There is no bond nor history formed between characters and readers making it difficult to care where the story takes them. There is no plot or structure and you will spend longer reading about the implications of looking into the past then actually enjoying the possible histories being shattered. With a limited plot and no suspense to keep you reading, this book becomes a chore. I resorted to speed reading only to find the ending as disappointing as the rest of it. The concepts introduced in this book open massive and exiting plot potentials that were not explored.

The Man from Primrose Lane
The Man from Primrose Lane

4.0 out of 5 stars Gobsmacked, 17 April 2013
I can't think of a way to aptly describe this book. The story will stay with me for a long time. The first half the book seems to be a crime story with deep characters building and just when the story seems to drift, whack. I haven't ever read a book that turns on its head so drastically. Spellbinding and becomes unputdownable like a drug. Beautifully written with complex yet understandable time lines that thread together like poetry. Would recommend this book just to see how someone else interprets its story. Refreshing and continues to make you think after finishing.

Wormhole (The Rho Agenda Book 3)
Wormhole (The Rho Agenda Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars So sad to finish it!, 9 April 2013
Stumbled across these books by accident and they quickly went down as some of my favourites. I loved the characters and was always excited to see what the next chapter would bring. It's left open to another instalment and I really hope it comes!

Immune (The Rho Agenda)
Immune (The Rho Agenda)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping. Brilliant. Addictive, 31 Jan. 2013
Where as I found the first book a little plain, this sucked me in from the very first page. Tense and very exciting, very exited about the last book. I didn't want it to end!

Don't Worry Hugless Douglas
Don't Worry Hugless Douglas

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for kindle. Terrible waste could be so much better, 3 Jan. 2013
This was so upsetting. I didn't realise that it wasn't suited for a kindle fire HD. Text is unreadable. I want a refund so that I can buy the paper version for my little one.