Profile for Barbara Howe > Reviews

Content by Barbara Howe

Barbara Howe "Doll" (Dublin, Ireland)

The Dark Sacrament: Exorcism in Modern Ireland
The Dark Sacrament: Exorcism in Modern Ireland
by David M. Kiely

5.0 out of 5 stars This book blew me away!, 27 Feb. 2007
I have just finished reading The Dark Sacrament and what a read it is!!! But be warned, if you're easily frightened this is probably not for you. I love ghost stories and anything about the paranormal so from the first page I was riveted and read it over three nights.

The authors have written nine true life accounts of exorcism in today's Ireland and that's the really scary part. As I kept reading I was wondering how on earth the victims survived with their sanity in tact.

What I like about Kiely and McKenna's writing is that it never bores you. They bring you right inside the lives of the victims so that you really FEEL their fear and what they went through. There's one case about a little boy and a demon that gave me sleepless nights.

It also made me think about fortune tellers and psychic phone lines in a totally different light. It's terrible how ignorant some of us can be. One woman rang a psychic phone line and a few days later she felt the presence of an old woman in the house,then her little daughter started seeing her.

This is a well researched and well written book. If I could give The Dark Sacrament six stars I certainly would. A must read!