Profile for Adrastea > Reviews

Apollo 48 x 38 x 66 cm Tubular TV Table
Apollo 48 x 38 x 66 cm Tubular TV Table
Offered by MightyHousewares

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little table, 5 Jun. 2013
I love this table, it is really good value for money. I paid about £17.50 for mine at the time of writing. I use it as a tv table, I use it for my laptop and I can even sew on it using my sewing machine as it fits on and the table supports the machine well. The table top has a nice smooth finish and the table folds away really easily for quick storage.

1.5M 5ft 3.5mm Audio Stereo Headphone Jack to Socket M/F Extension Cable
1.5M 5ft 3.5mm Audio Stereo Headphone Jack to Socket M/F Extension Cable

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 25 Jun. 2012
The wire broke after 2 days of use and I wasn't rough with it and didn't stand on it. I had to wiggle the wire to get it to work, the sound quality is appalling. Don't waste your money!

Folding Solid Wood Notebook Laptop Table, Adjustable Height & Angle Laptop Food Bed Lap Top Tray Table Desk, FBT02-W

4.0 out of 5 stars A great idea..., 31 May 2012
I am very pleased with this product. There are cheaper versions on the market, but I went for this one because the quality is better. The drawer is very handy for discs, pen and paper and I find it stays shut. The lip at the bottom of the table helps to stop your laptop / book sliding off (not found on cheaper models). The size is good and easily accommodates my laptop with a bit at the side to use my mouse. The height can be altered and the table feels sturdy, there is also plenty of room to fit your legs under. On the downside - because this product is varnished my mouse doesn't work on the polished surface, so I will be cutting a bit of mouse mat to stick on the side... this was a bit disappointing. The table is quite heavy so once you are under it (say in bed), it can be awkward to get out again! But on the whole I think I have purchased the best laptop table available at the moment. I might drill some small holes in the table top to allow air to escape from the laptop vent as seen on more expensive table models...

Sennheiser HD202 Headphones
Sennheiser HD202 Headphones

2.0 out of 5 stars Wire is too flimsy, 7 Nov. 2010
I have had these headphones for 10 months now and the wire next to the right ear piece has broken...a prblem mentioned by W.Sheldon. The sound is fine for the price, I had been using them for tv mainly. The other problem I have had with them is that I found them really uncomfortable after a couple of hours. Even after stretching them over a sofa arm overnight...they eventually spring back into place and start the head crushing right over again!! I am a petite woman and don't especially have a big head or big ears!!! I wouldn't recommend or buy another pair, but would go for the PX100 which are much more comfortable and highly recommended.Sennheiser PX100 Headphones
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 11, 2010 9:35 AM GMT

British Trees: A photographic guide to every common species (Collins Complete Guide)
by Paul Sterry

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing ID Book, 23 Jun. 2010
As a horticultural student I find this book amazing. There are clear photos and pictures of the leaves of each tree, there are winter twigs, leaf shapes and bark comparisons. There are photos of cones and seeds and then photos of the trees themselves.

This book covers a large range of indigenous tress including broadleaf and conifers and with some named cultivars mentioned too. I find it invaluable as an ID aid and would highly recommend it to any student needing to be able to learn about and recognise trees in the UK, compared to a lot of tree books that don't contain half as much detail or only have drawn pictures. It also quite comapct and can be taken out in the field to use.

The Complete Vegetable Gardener: A Practical Guide to Growing Fresh and Delicious Vegetables (Readers Digest)
by Jane Courtier

5.0 out of 5 stars A complete guide, 16 Jun. 2009
This book is very good for beginners to vegetable growing. It lists everything you need to know from sowing, planting and harvesting times to vegetables good for shade/sun and time taken for vegetables to grow. It also covers pests/compost making/veg in containers. It has lots of photos and describes each vegetable and its requirements. It's also useful for planning your vegetable year. Although a gardener for a long time, I am new to vegetable growing and I find this book indispensable, I love it! If you want something that lists lots of different vegetable varieties then I suggest reading a seed catalogue.

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock with Two Wired Guitars Bundle (PS2)
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock with Two Wired Guitars Bundle (PS2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 20 Dec. 2008
I love this game. I prefer it so much to World Tour.

I agree it's difficult and for the serious game guitarist, but it gives so many hours of fun and it's worth it just for 'Welcome To The Jungle' and 'Through The Flames'!!!

Gamers have created a new level of 'Super Expert' so it is possible to complete this game with practice.

Guitar Hero: World Tour - Guitar Bundle (Wii)
Guitar Hero: World Tour - Guitar Bundle (Wii)
Offered by AAA Toys

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 20 Dec. 2008
I bought the guitar bundle on the Wii and after Guitar hero III this was a big disappointment to me.

Bad Points:
The songs, if you know many, go on for a long time and became monotonous and boring, I was even waiting for some of them to end. I felt sorry for who would have to sing them in the band.

After excitedly buying my new guitar!!! I didn't reckon much to the new slider and tap bar. The colours denoting the slider notes are facing downwards so only someone watching you can see them, rather than the guitarist and the spacing is so big compared to the buttons that if you have small hands it's difficult to move quickly on them. To do some of the riffs you have to tap the notes AND press the corresponding buttons at the same time. This is quite hard and you need octopus hands for this as then you have to move back to playing normal notes on the strummer quite quickly. Only seriously obsessed hero III guitarists will manage this in my opinion!!!

Saying this, the songs are easier to play than on hero III. I have nearly finished 'Hard' on hero III. 'Hard' setting on world tour was more like the 'Medium' setting on Hero III so most of the game was gone as I was playing 'Expert' on World Tour to get a challenge- I completed 'Hard' and there were only 2 bosses to play against near the beginning of the game.

I found the composition section difficult to use. I can read music and tried to compose a known tune but couldn't find 'B' on the guitar scale I was using. I ended up using the chromatic keyboard instrument but you have to lift your guitar to go up an octave. This was awkward when playing and you had to remember not to lower your guitar or the notes went down an octave again. I wanted to compose a 'Gary Moore' tune... I think I would have managed Three Blind Mice...
The sound of the provided compositions was disappointing.

Good Points:
You can play about with how your guitarist looks and buy them lots of stuff to wear and neat guitars. You can change hair, face shape, eye colour, make-up etc. You could design someone to look like yourself or put one of the main characters in. (Slash and Tom Morello aren't in this one.)

You can choose to play bass as well as/or lead guitar.

It's got a beginner section for those that just want to practice strumming without worrying about the notes.

The guitar is wireless so you can jump and dance about whilst playing...much fun!!! :-)

Conclusion- I think this game is more for guitarists that want an easier game, or for a band set up. Older people might know more of the songs, but I doubt kids will know many.

It's more pop than rock.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 23, 2009 5:16 PM GMT

Guitar Hero: World Tour - Guitar Bundle (PS2)
Guitar Hero: World Tour - Guitar Bundle (PS2)

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 20 Dec. 2008
I bought the guitar bundle on PS2 and after Guitar hero III this was a big disappointment to me.

Bad Points:

The guitar is quite heavy compared to the previous one and the strummer is a bit stiffer and the buttons heavier, so if you play for a long time like I do, it's painful!!! The whammy is too long and gets in the way. You can use your hero III guitar with the game if you want, as you can still play the slider and riff sections using the normal buttons and whammy (which is what I did in the end).

The sound of the provided compositions was disappointing.

Good Points:

You can choose to play bass as well as/or lead guitar.

Conclusion- I think this game is more for guitarists that want an easier game, or for a band set up. Mums and Dads might know more of the songs, but I doubt the younger generation will know many.

It's more pop than rock.