Profile for PKS > Reviews

Content by PKS

PKS

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Mark Forsyth's Gemel Edition: A box set containing The Etymologicon and The Horologicon
by Mark Forsyth

5.0 out of 5 stars Nerdy facts for everyone, 9 Aug. 2013
This book is really witty and a really digestible way to get some real insights into the provenance of words and idioms in the English language.

Now..... my children ask me to read a chapter or two of this aloud every evening meal. I know, it sounds sad but the book is really quite entertaining. I should caution that some of the chapters may be too racy for very young children.

KAVAJ leather case "London" for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 cognac brown - genuine leather with stand-up feature including stylus

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart bit of corporate bling, 9 Aug. 2013
My wife bought this for me for Christmas. It is the real deal and fits my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 so snuggly. It affords fantastic protection to my tablet and looks so good. I would find it hard to believe there was a better real leather cover available.

Samsung UK Mains Travel Adapter for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 inch, 7.7 inch, 8.9 inch and 10.1 inch - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick replacement, 9 Aug. 2013
I recently lost my charger and needed a new one (as my wife got annoyed by me borrowing hers all the time). This came from China faster than many similar orders I've made from vendors in the UK.

The product is a pukka Samsung item and its performance has been as expected.

Very pleased.

Sheaffer Pen Calligraphy VPT Carded Fine Nib
Sheaffer Pen Calligraphy VPT Carded Fine Nib

5.0 out of 5 stars Last decent source of affordable good-qaulity iItalic pens, 9 Aug. 2013
I've been after a good italic pen for a while. These used to be easy to buy back in the 70s and 80s but have become a specialist product, normally lurking under calligraphy. However, this pen looks like an ordinary pen and the ink runs superbly. Sheaffer always used to be a great make....and it still is (though it pains me to say this as a Brit). Cannot put my finger on why the nibs etc work better, but they just do.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good reliable pen and good looking too., 9 Aug. 2013
Sheaffer has managed to carry on making good looking pens that work and have a nice balance. This pen never needs scribbling to get the ink to run.

Sticky Monsters
Sticky Monsters
by John Kenn Mortensen

5.0 out of 5 stars Really unusual and great for the downstairs toilet, 9 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Sticky Monsters (Hardcover)
If you haven't seen this book then get your hands on one as it is really unusual and thought-provoking. Basically, this Danish chap draws pictures of monsters on Post-Its. The detail has to be seen to be believed.

Let's Get Ugly
Let's Get Ugly

5.0 out of 5 stars Blast from the past, 9 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Let's Get Ugly (MP3 Download)
I found myself humming this in the car recently and put the query into Amazon. A minute later I had the tune for real - groovy.

Skylanders Giants - Character Pack - Spyro (PS3/Xbox 360/Nintendo 3DS/Wii U/Wii)
Offered by 59fpsonline

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price, 9 Aug. 2013
My son has been after this one for a while and this Spyro was really well priced. My son is very chuffed.

The Essential Collection 1961 - 1991
The Essential Collection 1961 - 1991

3.0 out of 5 stars Some real classics here., 21 Dec. 2012
I heard one of the tracks on a documentary about ELO recently and found it on this album. There are a good half dozen really good songs on this and the rest are a bit 'samey'. Still, it's cheap and worth a listen just to broaden your mind a bit.

Skyfall
Skyfall
Offered by Resell MC

5.0 out of 5 stars What a voice!, 21 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Skyfall (Audio CD)
I don't like everything that Adele does but this song is something really quite special. Mind you, I always thought that Amy Winehouse's song, 'Love is a Losing Game' is the best Bond song that never was.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6