Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Dark Sky Island
Dark Sky Island

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful., 29 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Dark Sky Island (Audio CD)
I received this as a Christmas present and oh it is delightful. It's uplifting, calming, guaranteed to cheer you - basically everything you'd expect from Enya. I highly recommend it. Beautiful. Well done to Enya and her team.

Inside Out [DVD]
Inside Out [DVD]
Dvd ~ Pete Docter

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. My children (aged between 10-16) gave it 5 ..., 11 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Inside Out [DVD] (DVD)
Exceeded my expectations. Excellent.

My children (aged between 10-16) gave it 5 out of 5.

The Hundred-Foot Journey
The Hundred-Foot Journey
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars A few cheesy moments but overall I'm really glad I watched this, 22 Nov. 2015
A few cheesy moments but overall I'm really glad I watched this. Visually very beautiful (It's Paris after all!) and it'll make you want to cook (and eat). A good story but not too heavy - doesn't take itself too seriously. Very nice film with a satisfying end.

Half a Sixpence (Region 2)
Half a Sixpence (Region 2)
Dvd ~ Tommy Steele
Offered by GREAT4DVD

3.0 out of 5 stars Spanish Dubbed DVD., 10 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Half a Sixpence (Region 2) (DVD)
The entire DVD is in Spanish. Possibly my own fault, after all the cover isn't in English. However I've bought DVDs before where the cover is foreign, but the DVD itself is still in English.

The seller really needs to make it a lot clearer what language this disc plays in. So, whilst perhaps I should have read the small print more carefully. If the seller wants to do good, honest business, it would hardly hurt them to provide clearer information.

edited to say - I'm scrolling through other reviews and wishing I'd looked at all the 1 star reviews. However, I've noticed some saying you can switch the dubbing to English - I shall certainly have a go, however I'm still not impressed.

After further investigation I've found out how to get it to play in English so I shall change my 1 star rating to 3 stars. I would still like to see clearer explanation so people know exactly what they're getting and perhaps instructions given by the seller as to how to change the language.

Beginner Crochet Scarf Kit-Dusty Rose
Beginner Crochet Scarf Kit-Dusty Rose
Offered by BIC WAREHOUSE

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Beginners, 24 Sept. 2015
Very nice little set and perfect for beginners. The price is reasonable and the colour is very nice. Plus, because it comes in fairly sturdy packaging with a zip to close the lid, you've got somewhere to store the crochet when you're not working on it. I would definitely buy this again.

I didn't find the instructions that easy to follow (but there are so many good Youtube videos out there that it wasn't a problem. So if like me, you need a bit of extra help, I recommend Naztazia and Crochet Hooks You, both on Youtube).

One Thousand Gifts
One Thousand Gifts
Offered by ARTSnCRAFTS~Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing., 4 Sept. 2015
This review is from: One Thousand Gifts (DVD)
Life changing. Highly recommend.

ZANZEA Women's Casual Loose Oversized 3/4 Sleeve Bottoming Tops T-shirt Blouse Green UK 12-16

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 4 Sept. 2015
Really lovely top. Very nice material. Better than I expected.

Be Still & Know: Hymns & Faith
Be Still & Know: Hymns & Faith

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware!, 24 July 2015
This is a great album but certainly not worth getting if you have her other 2 hymn cds. I feel cheated.

Anchored: Five Keys to a Secure Faith
Anchored: Five Keys to a Secure Faith

5.0 out of 5 stars Christ in us, the hope of glory!, 5 July 2015
I'm usually sceptical of 'steps to success' or 'keys to a better life' type books as they often point to our own efforts and end up being nothing more than self-help manuals And not much use for those who have already lost all hope.

Not so this little gem! The five short but high impact chapters point us directly to our only source of hope - Christ Himself!

Starting with the inclusive nature of God Himself, hope is instantly inspired as the author Steve Mcvey guides us through humanities' adoption in Christ, identity in Him and then describes the inevitable out-working of amazing grace as Christ works His life through us!

The Fellowship of the Ring: The Fellowship of the Ring Pt. 1 (Lord of the Rings 1)
by J. R. R. Tolkien

5.0 out of 5 stars LOTR Paperbacks are ideal., 1 Jun. 2008
These illustrated paperbacks are ideal. I got all three parts and also The Hobbit illustrated paperback at the same time. They are beautiful books and really such a bargain. Alan Lee's paintings are scattered throughout and the binding of the book is the sort I like....you know easy to open and read without feeling like you are pulling the book apart. Exellent.

Page: 1 | 2