ARRAY(0xa60ee2dc)

Profile for littlepig littlepig > Reviews

Content by littlepig litt...

littlepig littlepig (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
L'enigme D'argan 100% Pure Organic Argan Oil
L'enigme D'argan 100% Pure Organic Argan Oil
Price: 10.38

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't judge a book by its cover, 7 Feb 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This oil is not presented well at all. The bottle and spray pump are cheap looking and tacky, which is a shame as they belie the good quality of the product. The oil is gentle and moisturising; I found it really beneficial rubbed into my hands and cuticles in particular. It does take a while to sink in, so don't try and pull your tights on immediately after slathering it over your legs - but while it isn't for me a miracle product, it's a very decent, moisturising product.

Max Factor Excess Volume Mascara 1x 20 ml Black
Max Factor Excess Volume Mascara 1x 20 ml Black
Price: 9.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 7 Feb 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Excellent product. You double-barrel the effect of the mascara by priming the lashes first with one end and then applying with the other. Impressive thickness and blackness, and it stayed on during a gym session too. Recommended!

You Came Back
You Came Back
by Christopher Coake
Price: 10.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 19 Jan 2014
This review is from: You Came Back (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I couldn't put this book down, although the end left me feeling a bit -... (That's all I'm going to say as I don't want to spoiler it). Mark and Chloe divorce after the death of their young son, and after a few years rebuild their lives separately. But when a woman claims that her house is haunted by the ghost of their small boy, the worlds of all those involved are turned upside down.

I am interested in the supernatural, so I naturally gravitated to this book. I felt that the author dealt with his characters well; emotions, relationships and dialogues were very believable. I wasn't sure about how it turned out though. While the denouement is understandable, the way the three main characters were left made me feel a bit cheated. But perhaps that's utterly realistic.

I would certainly read more by this author.

Rocks in the Belly
Rocks in the Belly
by Jon Bauer
Price: 8.39

2.0 out of 5 stars A good idea swept away by its own hyperbole, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: Rocks in the Belly (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The story of an unnamed boy whose jealousy of his foster brother climaxes in tragedy is a good premise and the author has talent, but any interest in the characters or the plot fades as the pages go on, and on, and on. I didn't like the narrator, I didn't like his brother or his parents, I didn't really care about any of them.

There are good parts. He captures well the uncertainties, bitter jealousies and incomprehension of childhood. But the story did not grip me, nor anybody in it. I just wanted to get to the end so I could close the book as I don't like not finishing them. But would I read this book if I hadn't had to write a review of it? No.

Ultradex Recalcifying and Whitening Daily Oral Rinse
Ultradex Recalcifying and Whitening Daily Oral Rinse
Price: 5.40

3.0 out of 5 stars Just another mouthwash, 4 Dec 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This product made my teeth slightly whiter, which I suppose is recalcifying - but I didn't like the taste. The product is thicker than other mouthwashes (mouthwashii?) and I didn't find it as refreshing. I would stick to something thinner - and cheaper.

All Change (Cazalet Chronicles)
All Change (Cazalet Chronicles)
by Elizabeth Jane Howard
Price: 12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The Cazalet Chronicles lose none of their magic, 4 Dec 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have loved the Cazalet family (although not liked all of them) for years, and this final book is a fitting tribute to one of the most enduring families in English literature. Elizabeth Jane Howard has lost none of her eye for dialogue, character or human fallibility.

The Cazalet family are experiencing changes in relationships, attitudes, and finance. The story revolves mainly around Rachel, now the sole tenant of Home Place after the death of the Duchy, the head of the family. The brothers, sisters, cousins and children are trying to sort out their own lives while looking after Rachel as well. Nothing happens exactly as they expect it to or necessarily how they want it to, but that isn't always a bad thing. There is no bad thing in this book. There will be some characters you really empathise with, and others who leave you cold - but you still care about what happens to them.

If the Cazalet chronicles had to finish, there is no better way of ending them. Thank you Ms Howard.

Wintersmith
Wintersmith
Price: 10.24

5.0 out of 5 stars A cauldron of delicious songs, 4 Dec 2013
This review is from: Wintersmith (Audio CD)
I saw Steeleye Span perform tracks from this album last month and they have lost none of their energy, beauty and originality. The tracks on this are both joyous and poignant, vivacious and calm, beautiful and hard, and a fitting tribute to a special author. I have never read the book, and haven't read Pratchett in years (and am the poorer for it) but this shouldn't put off any fan of Steeleye in particular and folk music in particular, and sparkling music as a whole.

This album has encouraged me to buy the novel on which it is based, a success story all round!

Braun Satin Hair 7 HD770 Colour Dryer
Braun Satin Hair 7 HD770 Colour Dryer
Price: 35.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Softens hair, but not sure what else!, 26 Nov 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Like other reviewers I found the cable for the hairdryer a bit short, but the weight didn't bother me. Its various settings and nozzles confuddled me a bit, but I found when using the ion switch that my hair really was a lot softer. The "colour saver" nozzle, which mixes hot air with cool air to save your colour, was my favourite bit, as it dries your hair without blasting it which is kinder to it (and I didn't find it took that much longer to dry either). It also comes with a diffuser nozzle for thick, curly hair, and one which focuses the air for curling and shaping.

My hair is chin-length and fine. My hair has maintained its gloss and shape today which I am impressed by and put down to the hairdryer.

Braun Satin Hair 7 BR170 Iontec Brush
Braun Satin Hair 7 BR170 Iontec Brush
Price: 19.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Sadly not startling, 6 Nov 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As a hair brush, this is fine. It is pleasant to use though rather big and heavy (I've removed it from my handbag). When you turn on the ions on the brush, there's a spooky green light and a 'swishing' sound, but - that's it really. My hair looked nice and shiny, but not exceptionally. I brushed one side of my hair without the ions on and the other with, and unfortunately nobody at work could tell the difference! My hair is chin-length so perhaps for someone with longer locks it would work better.

Baby Bjorn Baby Carrier One
Baby Bjorn Baby Carrier One
Price: 109.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, worth every penny, 6 Nov 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Replacing my old baby carrier with this one seemed a bit expensive, but it is well worth it. I found this carrier far more comfortable to use despite the fact it's heavier than my old product. The straps feel very secure and I feel the weight spread easily across my back which has stopped me getting backache, something which I struggled with previously.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20