Profile for Littlepig Littlepig > Reviews

Content by Littlepig Litt...

Littlepig Littlepig (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Maclaren Patchouli 100 Percent Pure Essential Oil
Maclaren Patchouli 100 Percent Pure Essential Oil
Offered by Best4Deals

2.0 out of 5 stars Odd little product; I'm not convinced, 17 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This didn't smell like patchouli to me and the bottle is very difficult to get the oil out of. As it's Maclaren you can feel assured it's safe for pregnancy (not all oils are so if in doubt check) but it doesn't do a lot. I suppose you could use it for massage. I put it in the bath and had to take the dropper out with my teeth in order to get a decent amount of oil out to scent the bath; I didn't like the way it smelled either. So, er, not a great product in my opinion.

Night After Night
Night After Night
by Phil Rickman

5.0 out of 5 stars Novel after novel, Rickman goes up notch after notch, 13 April 2015
This review is from: Night After Night (Hardcover)
I'm sure I said this on the review of his last book, but Phil Rickman just keeps getting better and better. His latest novel, about a group of B-list celebrities brought into a house with a reputation for being haunted as a sinister version of Big Brother, reunites us with Cindy the shamen and his rather dark version of Emu. It's set just above Sudeley Castle and based on tales about Katherine Parr, Henry VIII's last queen.

For someone new to Rickman this is a good book to start with; die-hard Merrily Watkins fans need not be disappointed as Cindy and his psychic friend Grayle, working on the TV show, carry the story well. Rickman is a master of both dialogue and prose; the dark beauty of Cleeve Hill and Belas Knap (a Neolithic barrow - having finished this book I visited it on Sunday and felt touched by the strangeness Rickman described) come vividly to life (perhaps given the context that's an unfortunate turn of phrase)! It's scary, funny, sad, disturbing and above all addictive.I was so desperate to find out how this book ended I had to stay up late, propping my eyes open with matchsticks. Read it - you will not regret it.

Panasonic ALL3 Wireless Speaker System (White)
Panasonic ALL3 Wireless Speaker System (White)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great speaker - as long as you have Spotify Premium, 7 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The speaker connects to your wireless network - the set up was very simple. The sound is excellent; I'm really impressed. It's a chunky sound for a small speaker! My Spotify works flawlessly on it BUT it only works for Spotify Premium; if you don't pay for Spotify it won't allow you to stream. So bearing that in mind, I think you could get something more versatile for less money.

What She Left
What She Left
by T. R. Richmond

3.0 out of 5 stars Flawed but interesting debut, 7 April 2015
This review is from: What She Left (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As other reviewers have said, the layout of this book is original and gripping: tweets, emails, diary entries, blogs and old-fashioned letters. But ultimately the plot just isn't weighty enough to do it justice. A young woman drowns and her friends, family and others pick up the pieces shaping her through her social media footprint, trying to find out the truth about not only how she died but who she was. Unfortunately, that didn't hold my interest. Alice, the young woman in question, seemed to have too much impact on people to be real. I didn't feel I knew her or particularly cared about her, and the other characters were too thinly drawn to be of interest. I think this is a brave and fresh approach to narration and would certainly read another from the author, but I wouldn't revisit this.

Braun Silk Epil 7 7-561 Wet & Dry Cordless Epilator with 6 Extra Attachments
Braun Silk Epil 7 7-561 Wet & Dry Cordless Epilator with 6 Extra Attachments

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 7 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Epilating isn't pain-free, but it really isn't as excruciating as some people would have you believe, and the fact this item can be used in the bath is a real benefit as the warmth of the water opens your pores and makes epilation easier. What I really liked about this is that you can use the razor attachment if you are short of time or your chosen area shouldn't be epilated at present (I'm having IPL on my legs for example so epilating them is not an option, but it is fine for underarms/bikini).

The epilator is certainly a more premium version of the £30 one I had previously, as it has a guiding light which is very useful and also caps for particularly sensitive areas such as armpits (and for me the very edge of the shin). It follows your body contours closely which again I have found a vast improvement on my current device.

No complaints from me - I think it's worth paying extra for this device.

Science in Sport REGO 500g Chocolate REGO Rapid Recovery
Science in Sport REGO 500g Chocolate REGO Rapid Recovery

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually works!, 2 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm really pleased with this stuff. First off, it tastes good, not dreadful like these things usually taste if mixed with water. Secondly, it does what it says on the tin (tub). I do a variety of cardio programmes and weights and usually ache after my sessions, but I've used this stuff over the last 2 weeks when I have been exercising and I find I can walk normally the day after a workout which is most unusual. I was sceptical about it but I'm complete sold and would recommend, and repurchase, this item.

No Other Darkness (DI Marnie Rome 2)
No Other Darkness (DI Marnie Rome 2)
by Sarah Hilary

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable new name on the crime scene, 23 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'd not read the previous book in the Marnie Rome series, but that didn't matter, as this book works perfectly well on its own. I really enjoyed it. The plot - the bodies of two young boys are found where they appear to have starved to death, in an underground bunker. The quest to discover the identities of both victims and murderers leads DI Marnie Rome and her colleagues down a very dark, disturbing and ultimately heart-breaking road which I challenge the reader to read without wincing.

The book doesn't pull any punches, so don't read if you're squeamish; but the descriptions are not gratuitous, and it's rare that you come across a crime novel where you feel so many conflicting emotions. I enjoyed this and would read more by this author.

Philips HP3631 300w InfraCare Lamp
Philips HP3631 300w InfraCare Lamp

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 16 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am really pleased with this product. I have acute pain in my elbow, and this lamp is a godsend. It is easy to use and very effective. As someone not particularly "techy" I found it very simple to use and I felt safe while doing so. I would certainly recommend this.

Flora
Flora
by Gail Godwin

4.0 out of 5 stars An unusual story, 16 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Flora (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book is very carefully, delicately told. As other readers have pointed out, it isn't dramatic or exciting, even though there are dramatic events in it (the end of WW2, several deaths). The comparison to the Turn of the Screw is a great one, as the story is basically an updated version of that told from the child's point of view: Helen, quarantined at home with her older cousin Flora for company. I enjoyed reading this purely for the elegant prose alone.

Philips Double Contour 3-in-1 Sensitive Ladyshave
Philips Double Contour 3-in-1 Sensitive Ladyshave

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, 16 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I last had a ladyshave ages 17 and I'm - er - quite a lot older now, so I wasn't sure how I'd get on with this. I was pleasantly surprised, however. The first thing is that this can be used in the bath/shower or on dry skin, which is ideal if you're in a rush. Secondly it's a close shave - the 2 foils mean that any stray hairs lost on the first foil get picked up by the second. No it's not as close as a razor, and some of the very short hairs hang around which is a pain, but I didn't find that happened a lot. A ladyshave will always take a lot longer to use than a razor which is a case of 'scrape and go', but this head is wider than the model I had previously so that speeds the time up. It's easy to clean and charge. All in all, for £30 you're looking at a very reasonable price for a useful piece of kit.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20