Profile for G. C. Bland > Reviews

Content by G. C. Bland

G. C. Bland "Geoff Bland" (Cheltenham, UK)

Track Record: The Motor Sport Photography of Maurice Rowe
Track Record: The Motor Sport Photography of Maurice Rowe
by John Surtees

5.0 out of 5 stars Track Record by Maurice Rowe, 13 Oct 2013
I had the pleasure of meeting and having lunch with Maurice Rowe recently and so I was anxious to acquire a copy of this book. It was not easy to track it down because it is now out of print. As a motor racing fan I found it very interesting and I admire the standard of Maurice's photography.

Coraline [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Coraline [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Dakota Fanning
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd
Price: 6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Coraline, 19 July 2010
Having seen this film on television, I felt that I had to have it on blu-ray - particularly since a 3D version was included. It is a really unusual (and rather frightening) story and a beautiful piece of animation - very different from anything I had seen before. The 3D version is extremely effective once one gets used to the coloured spectacles, which can be difficult if one already wears glasses. Be warned, though, it is not a funny cartoon. It is a serious film with a message.

Roberts Dreamtime DAB/FM RDS Digital Clock Radio with Dual Alarm
Roberts Dreamtime DAB/FM RDS Digital Clock Radio with Dual Alarm

4.0 out of 5 stars Roberts Dreamtime DSAB/FM Radio, 9 May 2010
I have found the radio to be just about what I had expected. Unlike some other reviewers, I found it easy enough to set up. It is just a matter of following the instructions. It is a well-made unit and the sound is very good - considering the size of the speaker. (One can not expect hi-fi sound from a speaker that appears to be about 2 inches in diameter.) I would agree, however, that the dimmer for the display is not good enough. If the clock is on a level with your eyes when you are lying in bed you have to switch off the display completely in order to avoid being kept awake. The dimmer needs one more even lower setting. Otherwise I am happy to recommend the Dreamtime Radio.

Invero Replacement Camera Battery Pack for Canon LP-E5 LPE5 EOS 450D EOS 1000D EOS KISS X2REBEL XSI
Offered by Invero
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Invero Replacement Camera Battery Pack, 6 April 2010
Very good value for money. Cost was far less than for the Canon product and the item arrived extremely quickly. Highly recommended.

Hoya 72mm Circular Polarizing Filter
Hoya 72mm Circular Polarizing Filter
Offered by CameraKing
Price: 24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars 72mm Polarizing Filter, 17 Nov 2009
An excellent piece of kit - improves images extremely well and is particularly effective on those which include areas of sky. I would not be without it.