Profile for Luther08 > Reviews

Luther08 (UK)

Subnormal
Subnormal

5.0 out of 5 stars Just click 'buy', 24 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Subnormal (Kindle Edition)
A very interesting read. Mind-opening for the uninitiated in terms of autism, revelatory as a 'what if?' piece of literature. Is fascism often too subtle to spot when you are involved in it? Highly recommended.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars pretty old logo, 20 July 2014
Er, pretty old logo...

12" Inflating Hand Air Pump with Needle and Flexi Adapter for Bike Football Ball Inflatable Lilo Dinghy
Offered by Price CutZ UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for inflatables but SUPER football pump, 16 Jun. 2014
However, this is fine as a football pump. Some of the other reviews, particularly the complaint about heat (lol -it's called friction) are absurd. The parts are fine, totally fit for purpose as football/bike tyre pump. And excellent value to boot.

Ideal Standard Space Toilet Seat
Ideal Standard Space Toilet Seat
Offered by Plumbing Supermarket

1.0 out of 5 stars Eye-wateringly expensive, 16 Jun. 2014
Frighteningly expensive toilet seat. The hinges, which other reviewers have correctly identified as VERY prone to rust, are staggering to replace. THIRTY (30) pounds for the hinges alone!! I'm not kidding, check before buying this seat.
Don't touch with a bargepole!

Doowell Activity Charts Magnetic Football Table
Doowell Activity Charts Magnetic Football Table

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy buy buy!!!!, 20 Jan. 2013
This is simply awesome. I had something like this when I was a kid so thought my son would like it.
The manufacturing standards are perfect. Perfect!
ALL Premiership, Champioship, league 1 & 2 AND ALL Conference Premier teams.
Really well made and well thought out. A 'must' for ALL football fans.
Buy it. And crackin' value!!

Build-Your-Own Replica 3D Kit Titanic
Build-Your-Own Replica 3D Kit Titanic

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 2 Nov. 2012
Year 2 class teacher with Titanic topic. Very easy to put together. Excellent value for money. Good for display and for clarifying areas of ship, so much better than just 2D images. Highly recommended. Could take apart for flat storage till next time.

Clarkson - Powered Up [DVD]
Clarkson - Powered Up [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jeremy Clarkson

1.0 out of 5 stars Ouch, 2 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Clarkson - Powered Up [DVD] (DVD)
Oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Perhaps this would have been entertaining... when I was six.
Perhaps I would have found Clarkson funny... when I was six.

More talentless drivel for those devoid of anything better to do with their lives.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 23, 2011 11:01 PM GMT

Autism and Asperger Syndrome (The Facts)
Autism and Asperger Syndrome (The Facts)
by Simon Baron-Cohen

5.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting and informative, 20 Dec. 2010
We realised our son was autistic when he was four years old. We bought and read a number of books. This was the first I read and I am a massive fan of Professor Baron-Cohen's plain speaking but very uplifting manner. The autistic mind is differently wired, but how many times have I read the word 'abnormal' - it isn't abnormal, it is atypical, often brilliant. Baron-Cohen strikes this chord.
When we went to meet the educational psychologist and paediatrician in order to diagnose our son formally, they informed us he has Asperger Syndrome. Thanks to our reading (not least this excellent book) we were able to question this. "We thought he had high-functioning autism?" we said.
"High-functioning autism IS Asperger Syndrome." these 'professionals' told us. We pointed out critical points necessary in the different diagnostics, not least his speech delay. Eventually we received in writing his official diagnosis: High-functioning autism. Frightening that so-called professionals were so ignorant.
This book details the differences between different types of autism. Professor Baron-Cohen gives you all history of diagnoses, 'treatments', the different theories, their pros and cons. He tells you what has definitely been discovered and that which should form the basis of future research.
If you have an autistic child, you will nod as you read through this book, as you recognise so much, and be fascinated as other concepts are explained. Take my advice (I followed advice from an online review I am glad to say), make this your first read.
If you care for an autistic child, you NEED this book to inform you. I work in education and am horrified by the majority of people assuming they know all about autism, yet have fundamental and huge misconceptions - don't let that be you.
If Professor Baron-Cohen reads this - thank you. At the time you find out your child is autistic, you can hit quite a low. This book informed me in an incredibly uplifting way. The future isn't 'all roses', but the better informed we are, and professionals who have read this book, the better it will be for children like our son.