Profile for Dan1986 > Reviews

Dan1986

Nocs NS400-101 Earphones with Microphone and Remote Control Aluminium Black
Nocs NS400-101 Earphones with Microphone and Remote Control Aluminium Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy!, 4 Jun 2013
Firstly, prime delivery next day. Thanks Amazon.

Needed a replacement for the standard S3 earphones with a mic. Decided to go for something a little more premium with the main needs being more robust and better sound quality.

So far happy. Sound is not overly base driven and the build quality is seems high although not had it long enough to really say for sure.

Also, really comfy in the ear itself unless you have giant ears should be fine.

Wires are flat which is new to me, not really sure of the benefit of this. The only thing I would say is that they do tangle but I'm clutching at straws here as this is an excellent product.

I can also confirm that these work with the S3 including the remote and are compatible with the fm radio.

If I do have problems with build quality I will update if not you can assume I'm happy as Larry.

Stealing Light
Stealing Light
by Gary Gibson

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't compare to Hamilton, 29 July 2010
This review is from: Stealing Light (Hardcover)
After reading through these mixed reviews and deciding to buy the book and find out for myself. I've decided to pass on my thoughts.

First of all, don't buy the book expecting Hamilton, Banks or anyone of that ilk. As this is not the same scale, style or general read. However, it is entertaining, fairly fast paced, and a good overall idea (as mentioned before).

The main issue is it's just not as deep as other books I've read.

My advice would be not to expect too much and you "should" enjoy it. I've recently got into Neal Asher I would recommend him if you have finished most of Hamilton and Bank's work.

Hope this is helpful.