Profile for HoverDonkey > Reviews

Content by HoverDonkey

HoverDonkey "Mark" (Manchester, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Preacher - Season 1
Preacher - Season 1

5.0 out of 5 stars A nugget of the purest awesome, in series form..., 14 July 2016
This review is from: Preacher - Season 1 (Amazon Video)
Amazing series. Worth the Prime membership alone. Great acting, amazing script. Joseph Gilgun has just played the best role of his career so far, which is saying a lot, after This Is England. So compelling, I find myself cursing the fact that Amazon release their original series on a weekly basis - the suspense each week is killing me!!

My favourite series since Breaking Bad, and that's saying something!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 14, 2016 9:14 PM BST

DroidBOX T8-S Plus with i8+ DualBoot Android 5.1.1 and OpenELEC Kodi 16.2.1 TV BOX Quad Core CPU 32GB Rom 4K Ultra HD Smart TV Streamer MXQ PRO
Offered by DroidBOXinUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of entertainment kit!, 13 Mar. 2016
Great comms re delivery. As a total android box n00b, I had a bit of downloading and fiddling with settings to do before I could relax with a movie, but all in all a great bit of kit! There are many tutorials and tips online, so shouldn't be an issue.

Recommended.

Bathtub Gin 70cl
Bathtub Gin 70cl
Offered by 31DOVER Next Day Delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favourite!, 6 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Bathtub Gin 70cl (Wine)
Was always a huge fan of The Botanist gin, which is truly sublime, but somehow this gin beats even that!

Complex, yet delicate, smooth and almost flowery, this gin is truly magnificent.

Asus PG279Q 27-inch G-Sync, IPS, 165 Hz, 2560 x 1440 Gaming monitor
Asus PG279Q 27-inch G-Sync, IPS, 165 Hz, 2560 x 1440 Gaming monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars It's eyes on stalks time!, 1 Dec. 2015
Absolutely stunning monitor. If you're upgrading form a 60Hz monitor your eyes will be popping out on stalks, such is the huge improvement in quality.

If you have a system that can push this monitor to 144Hz and beyond, and if you can justify the cost (the ONLY drawback to this monitor) then I suggest you go ahead and purchase - you won't regret it, I guarantee. With added gaming features, such as crosshairs and FPS counter, as well as the amazing picture quality, colour reproduction and the pure awesomeness of G-Sync, this is a gamer's dream monitor. Awesome.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 5, 2015 3:31 AM GMT

Huy Fong Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce (28oz)
Huy Fong Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce (28oz)
Offered by We Luv Shopping

5.0 out of 5 stars Bigger is usually better..., 29 Oct. 2015
It's Huy Fong Sriracha! It's a big bottle! Need I say more?

600LB HEAVY DUTY SACK TRUCK INDUSTRIAL HAND TROLLEY NEW
600LB HEAVY DUTY SACK TRUCK INDUSTRIAL HAND TROLLEY NEW
Offered by Electro World

5.0 out of 5 stars A solid bit of kit!, 21 Jun. 2015
This is MUCH bigger than I expected (a lesson in reading the product details learned), but it's solid and has chunky pneumatic tyres.

I bought it for moving my ma-hoosive tent and gear from the Glastonbury festival car park to the camping area, and it certainly looks up to the task. It's solid and sturdy and should make lugging gear across the festival site much less onerous.

I'll report back (if I remember) after the festival.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 6, 2016 8:02 PM BST

Amazon Video
Amazon Video

1.0 out of 5 stars A crippled app - amazingly, NO android tablet support!, 4 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Amazon Video (App)
Loved this service on my iPad - worked perfectly and, considering the price, the choice of content was good.

I've just bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5, which is an awesome tablet, but for some reason Amazon don't support android tablets! My android phone is fully supported, so why not my (more appropriate, arguably) android tablet?

1 star for the pure frustration and illogical nature of the whole situation, which I'll happily change back to 5 if android tablet support is introduced.

3 x atFoliX Screen Protection Film Circular screen 35mm Diameter Screen Protector - FX-Clear crystal clear
Offered by @FoliX GmbH

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work at all for me., 20 Jan. 2015
Awful product. It's not often that I leave negative reviews, but I wasted all three protectors trying, and failing, to get one to stick to my watch screen. It's a perfectly flat Casio Edifice so there shouldn't be any problems, but the protector always came away with the top layer as I tried to remove it . Totally not fit for purpose, so returned for a refund.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 26, 2015 8:52 AM GMT

Le Creuset Wine Accessories WA-142 Vitesse Wine Fountain
Le Creuset Wine Accessories WA-142 Vitesse Wine Fountain

5.0 out of 5 stars Faultless - a truly excellent decanter., 4 Jan. 2015
As you'd expect from Le Creuset, this is a solid item. The decanter itself is beautifully constructed from thick glass, with a very wide base to allow your wine to be exposed to maximum oxygen prior to pouring.

But the real selling point of this decanter is the aerator, which allows the bottle to be inverted over the decanter and slowly (and dramatically) dispense into the decanter, all the while being aerated and oxygenated whilst running down the entire inside of the glassware. This process alone must reduce the breathing time needed of a good wine by a large proportion, but that's not all.

Once decanted the wine is given maximum oxygenation owing to the wide base of the vessel, exposing the maximum area to the atmosphere. The huge difference between the width of the base and the neck also allow any sediment to be left in the decanter rather than ending up in someone's glass.

All in all, a well thought out, quality product which enhances the wine served from it.

Highly recommended.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars I've just improved my dental hygiene by a quantum leap!, 30 Dec. 2014
Had this brush for about 3 weeks now and it's made a HUGE difference when compared to manual brushing.

Even after 1st use I could feel a tangible difference to the surface of my teeth. Its 14 day ease-in mode slowly increased the intensity of the clean and helped me acclimatise to the new cleaning method.

My teeth are now visibly cleaner, and I no longer spit out blood with the toothpaste at the end of the clean, which indicates my gums are being much better cared for than before.

On top this the brush is stylish and the hassle-free inductive charging method (simply place in the charging glass, or the USB powered charging case) is amazingly convenient, effective (and pretty cool to boot, for a gadget geek like me!).

Best purchase I've made in a long time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7