Profile for HoverDonkey > Reviews

Content by HoverDonkey

HoverDonkey "Mark" (Manchester, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Bathtub Gin, 70cl
Bathtub Gin, 70cl

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favourite!, 6 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Bathtub Gin, 70cl (Wine)
Was always a huge fan of The Botanist gin, which is truly sublime, but somehow this gin beats even that!

Complex, yet delicate, smooth and almost flowery, this gin is truly magnificent.

Asus PG279Q 27-inch G-Sync, IPS, 165 Hz, 2560 x 1440 Gaming monitor
Asus PG279Q 27-inch G-Sync, IPS, 165 Hz, 2560 x 1440 Gaming monitor
Offered by Box Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars It's eyes on stalks time!, 1 Dec. 2015
Absolutely stunning monitor. If you're upgrading form a 60Hz monitor your eyes will be popping out on stalks, such is the huge improvement in quality.

If you have a system that can push this monitor to 144Hz and beyond, and if you can justify the cost (the ONLY drawback to this monitor) then I suggest you go ahead and purchase - you won't regret it, I guarantee. With added gaming features, such as crosshairs and FPS counter, as well as the amazing picture quality, colour reproduction and the pure awesomeness of G-Sync, this is a gamer's dream monitor. Awesome.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 5, 2015 3:31 AM GMT

Huy Fong Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce (28oz)
Huy Fong Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce (28oz)
Offered by We Luv Shopping

5.0 out of 5 stars Bigger is usually better..., 29 Oct. 2015
It's Huy Fong Sriracha! It's a big bottle! Need I say more?

600LB HEAVY DUTY SACK TRUCK INDUSTRIAL HAND TROLLEY NEW
600LB HEAVY DUTY SACK TRUCK INDUSTRIAL HAND TROLLEY NEW
Offered by H-B-K

5.0 out of 5 stars A solid bit of kit!, 21 Jun. 2015
This is MUCH bigger than I expected (a lesson in reading the product details learned), but it's solid and has chunky pneumatic tyres.

I bought it for moving my ma-hoosive tent and gear from the Glastonbury festival car park to the camping area, and it certainly looks up to the task. It's solid and sturdy and should make lugging gear across the festival site much less onerous.

I'll report back (if I remember) after the festival.

Amazon Video
Amazon Video

1.0 out of 5 stars A crippled app - amazingly, NO android tablet support!, 4 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Amazon Video (App)
Loved this service on my iPad - worked perfectly and, considering the price, the choice of content was good.

I've just bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5, which is an awesome tablet, but for some reason Amazon don't support android tablets! My android phone is fully supported, so why not my (more appropriate, arguably) android tablet?

1 star for the pure frustration and illogical nature of the whole situation, which I'll happily change back to 5 if android tablet support is introduced.

3 x atFoliX Circular screen 35mm Diameter Screen protection Protective film - FX-Clear crystal clear
Offered by @FoliX GmbH

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work at all for me., 20 Jan. 2015
Awful product. It's not often that I leave negative reviews, but I wasted all three protectors trying, and failing, to get one to stick to my watch screen. It's a perfectly flat Casio Edifice so there shouldn't be any problems, but the protector always came away with the top layer as I tried to remove it . Totally not fit for purpose, so returned for a refund.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 26, 2015 8:52 AM GMT

Le Creuset Wine Accessories WA-142 Vitesse Wine Fountain
Le Creuset Wine Accessories WA-142 Vitesse Wine Fountain

5.0 out of 5 stars Faultless - a truly excellent decanter., 4 Jan. 2015
As you'd expect from Le Creuset, this is a solid item. The decanter itself is beautifully constructed from thick glass, with a very wide base to allow your wine to be exposed to maximum oxygen prior to pouring.

But the real selling point of this decanter is the aerator, which allows the bottle to be inverted over the decanter and slowly (and dramatically) dispense into the decanter, all the while being aerated and oxygenated whilst running down the entire inside of the glassware. This process alone must reduce the breathing time needed of a good wine by a large proportion, but that's not all.

Once decanted the wine is given maximum oxygenation owing to the wide base of the vessel, exposing the maximum area to the atmosphere. The huge difference between the width of the base and the neck also allow any sediment to be left in the decanter rather than ending up in someone's glass.

All in all, a well thought out, quality product which enhances the wine served from it.

Highly recommended.

Philips Sonicare HX9352/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush Black
Philips Sonicare HX9352/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush Black
Offered by screensale.eu

5.0 out of 5 stars I've just improved my dental hygiene by a quantum leap!, 30 Dec. 2014
Had this brush for about 3 weeks now and it's made a HUGE difference when compared to manual brushing.

Even after 1st use I could feel a tangible difference to the surface of my teeth. Its 14 day ease-in mode slowly increased the intensity of the clean and helped me acclimatise to the new cleaning method.

My teeth are now visibly cleaner, and I no longer spit out blood with the toothpaste at the end of the clean, which indicates my gums are being much better cared for than before.

On top this the brush is stylish and the hassle-free inductive charging method (simply place in the charging glass, or the USB powered charging case) is amazingly convenient, effective (and pretty cool to boot, for a gadget geek like me!).

Best purchase I've made in a long time.

Case-Mate Barely There Case for Xperia Z3 - Black
Case-Mate Barely There Case for Xperia Z3 - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Snug fit, great protection. Recommended., 30 Dec. 2014
Been using this for a couple of months and can highly recommend it.

Hardly makes my Z3 look any bigger and provides easy access to all controls and ports. Fits like a finely-tailored glove, and protects your gorgeous Z3 from everyday damage and pocket-wear, especially when combined with a good screen protector.

If you think you'll be using the phone in a hardcore situation, then maybe you should consider the bulkier heavy duty case.

Nivea Sun Protect and Refresh Invisible Cooling Sun Spray High SPF 50, 200ml
Nivea Sun Protect and Refresh Invisible Cooling Sun Spray High SPF 50, 200ml

5.0 out of 5 stars All round amazing product., 30 Dec. 2014
Sprays on and immediately provides great protection.

I'm light skinned and burn really easily and this product makes me confident I'm not going to burn, and this is after using it in mid-summer Greece and high-season Florida.

On top of the excellent UV protection, this product dries to a non-greasy finish, leaving your skin looking natural and not contaminating your clothing. It has retained its protection after swimming in sea and in pool and stops me worrying about over-exposure.

Personally, after using this product, I dislike using any other kind of sun screen, in terms of ease of application, quality of protection and longevity of protection. Yet to find a better sun barrier product that doesn't make you look like you're covered in paint, or slowly marinating in oil.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7