Profile for Richie-Rich > Reviews

Richie-Rich

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I found this.., 7 July 2013
I assume Colgate have discontinued this as the shops no longer stock it. Really pleased to find it on Amazon. It seems to keep my mouth fresher for longer than any other toothpaste that I have tried. Tried a similar one from Colgate but nowhere near as good. Can't understand why they have stopped making it (if indeed this is the case).

Felicia Brushed Steel Kitchen Sink Mixer Tap
Felicia Brushed Steel Kitchen Sink Mixer Tap
Offered by iBathUK
Price: 54.99

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as expensive alternatives..., 19 Aug 2012
Great service from the seller, arrived well within the stated time. Item as described and well packaged. This tap is reassuringly weighty, and has a nice brushed steel finish which shows less water marks than chrome finish! It is easy to install following the instructions supplied, for somebody with basic DIY skills as long as you are ok with turning the water off etc. Looks very stylish and you can pay three times the price for taps of this quality elsewhere so I'm very pleased.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars it really works!, 14 April 2012
I bought this to de-scale my dolce gusto picolo coffee machine which had become very slow at making drinks and not hot enough. I used a half bottle treatment as per the instructions and it was like a miracle cure! My machine is restored to its' previous state, making nice hot drinks in no time again. 5 stars all the way!

Nikon COOLPIX P510 Compact Digital Camera - Black (16.1MP, 42x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the wait!, 6 April 2012
I'm so pleased I hung on for the release of this camera having nearly bought a different one a couple of months ago. It is my first Nikon, having had Fujifilm cameras before which I did really like but the lure of having an obscene 42 x optical zoom was just too tempting! Even at full zoom you get nice clear shots and the whole camera just seems to be much more user friendly than my trusty old Fujis. It probably hasn't quite got such a solid feel to it as I was expecting and is very light, but seems well built and looks great. The separate button for video shooting is a real advantage, just hit it and you are shooting straight away. It takes great HD footage although can struggle to autofocus sometimes in video mode once you get towards full zoom. Anyway, it's all about that 42x zoom really isn't it! I read some 'expert' opinions before the camera was released saying that it would struggle to give good results on full zoom. It doesn't, it's great! Go buy one!

Update: Having used the camera for a few weeks now, I am also getting autofocus problems that some other reviewers have reported. For this reason, I would probably drop a star from 5 to 4 in rating. It tends to happen most in lower light levels, on long zoom. As I have already mentioned, it is very poor autofocusing when zooming in video capture mode, even when zooming slowly. However, I am still very pleased in general and have got some great shots at full zoom! I would still recommend.

Integral - Crypto Drive Mac Edition - USB flash drive - 8 GB - Hi-Speed USB
Integral - Crypto Drive Mac Edition - USB flash drive - 8 GB - Hi-Speed USB

4.0 out of 5 stars Safe storage of your files, 3 April 2012
This is a must have to store your important files safely and securely. It has a rubbery coating, good to absorb any shocks if you drop it. It is nice and easy to set up and use. Just enter your password and it appears as a drive on your desk top. Select lock or just eject to lock it, then unplug. Simples!

Invero USB Slim Camera Charger + Car Charger for Nikon COOLPIX P500
Invero USB Slim Camera Charger + Car Charger for Nikon COOLPIX P500
Offered by Invero
Price: 6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little charger, 3 April 2012
Great little charger at a reasonable price! Nice and compact, it just sits on your desktop or in your car and is great for charging your spare batteries rather than having to mess about swapping them to your camera to do it.

EveCase Black / Blue Pouch Nylon Case + 2x EN-EL5 Battery + LCD Screen Protector for Nikon COOLPIX P510 P500 P100 P90 P80 P520
Offered by BlueMall
Price: 19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value package, 3 April 2012
Considering this was sent from the States, it arrived very quickly really, in 6 days.
Well lets deal with the case first. It is a bit like the Tardis in reverse: Big on the outside but the main compartment has much less room than you would think. This is not a bad thing if it means the camera is well protected I suppose. There are plenty of compartments for spare batteries, SD cards etc. It is clearly a universal case and not just for the Nikon P500 / 510. So, not quite what I was looking for really but I can't give it a bad rating because it is a nice case. The insert is easy to detach / reattach in the position you require with velcro and there is a top handle for carrying and a shoulder strap (not detachable).

As for the batteries, they seem to be ok. Charged very quickly so not sure how long they will last so perhaps I will give an update when they run out.

The screen protector was a large sheet which you need to cut but you can get 2 out of it for the Nikon P510. Just as well as I messed up the first attempt at putting it on! Having put these things on before on phones etc, I don't think it is exactly premium quality but not grumbling as the whole package for the case, batteries and screen protector is great value for money even though the case was a bit more bulky than I really wanted.

Update: Price gone up since my review.

atFoliX FX-Clear screen-protector for HTC Desire HD (3 pack) - Crystal-clear screen protection!
Offered by @FoliX GmbH
Price: 6.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better than cheaper alternatives, 30 Mar 2012
It's a shame that I made such a pig's ear of fitting this on because it really is so much better than the cheaper alternatives that scuff and scratch in no time and, put on right, it is almost unnoticeable. However, you do only get one so if like me you don't quite fit it right first time, you are stuck with the results. I ended up having to peel off and start again and it lost some of its' 'stick' on one side. I have now trimmed the side so now it isn't too bad. I have had it on for a few weeks now and have only got one tiny scratch on it.

The cheaper alternatives usually come in a pack of 6 so you can have another go if you mess up and can replace regularly but despite the problems I had I will now always spend a bit more on one of these as, hopefully, I will get better at fitting them!

Mobilizers: Dedicated In Car Windscreen Suction Mount Holder Cradle For HTC DESIRE HD

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value; works a treat!, 30 Mar 2012
For the price I was expecting something very flimsy, cheap and cheerful but to my surprise it is in fact quite sturdy and does the job a treat. You get a universal base/bendy bit (forgive the terminology!) and a phone holder for your model of phone which fits on in one easy click. It attaches to the windscreen very easily and holds the phone perfectly. The bendy-bit is nice and sturdy so once you set it to the position you require it stays there. There is a bit of judder as you go along but I just rest it down on the top of the dash which stops this.
Seems like a bargain! Not had suction failure problems yet but will update this review if I do.

HTC DESIRE HD SCREEN PROTECTOR 6-IN-1 PACK
HTC DESIRE HD SCREEN PROTECTOR 6-IN-1 PACK
Offered by Xett Multimedia Ltd
Price: 1.99

2.0 out of 5 stars They are cheap for a reason...., 11 Mar 2012
These are cheap but unfortunately you do get what you pay for. They are quite easy to apply but they get scuffed in no time with normal use and in/out of pocket. At least you get 6 in a pack so you can keep changing them but I'm going to try a more expensive alternative next.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3