Profile for Cotts77 > Reviews

One Hundred Shades of White
by Preethi Nair
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent Writing!, 26 Feb 2004
I have been reading at least 3 books a month, and well let's just say that this book topped them all. I bought this book having no prior knowledge of the author, but after reading it, I can now say she is a great writer. The story is so beautiful. I became to know each character even though for only a few days. The lesson of forgiveness and living a lie to protect others and giving happiness is something many women go through when bringing up their families. I cried at the end, when Maya had finally come to her senses, and finally realising her true self was going back to what home was, what she was so eager to let go. The past sometimes helps you find the future. Without the past we are nothing. Hats off to Preethi!! I recorded a sentence from pg 169, which says: " I think you can love someone just from the desperate need to feel part of something, to belong to someone, to make the loneliness inside go away." That to me is one of the best lines i've ever read in a novel in a long time. So true, it touched my heart. Most of us make that common mistake of finding somehting, and masking it as love.
I'm off to buy and read her other novels. I hope it's just as good as this one.