Profile for Semolina-kid > Reviews

Unfortunately
by Alan Durant
Price: 4.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly odd, 22 May 2014
This review is from: Unfortunately (Paperback)
I only brought this because my nephew saw it advertised in the back of another book and kept asking for it. He seems to like it. I'm not sure the story seems slightly odd to me. But in terms of auntie brownie points it was a success!

Muppets Most Wanted
Muppets Most Wanted
Price: 7.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun, 22 May 2014
This review is from: Muppets Most Wanted (Audio CD)
The soundtrack was one of the best things about the movie. It's one of my favourite CDs to listen to in my car at the moment.

Jane Eyre (BBC) [2007] [DVD] [2006]
Jane Eyre (BBC) [2007] [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Ruth Wilson
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A good adaptation, 12 Jan 2014
I brought this because I like the book. The two lead actors have a good chemistry and this adaptation brings something different to the story.

Naked Heat (Nikki Heat Series Book Two)
Naked Heat (Nikki Heat Series Book Two)
by Richard Castle
Price: 5.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps you guessing until nearly the end, 12 Jan 2014
Having read the first novel I have to say this was a much better story with lots of red herrings & twists. It isn't Shakespeare but it is an entertaining detective story. If you like the TV series you'll probably like this.

The Muppet Christmas Carol [DVD]
The Muppet Christmas Carol [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Caine
Offered by Springwood Media
Price: 3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas classic, 12 Jan 2014
In my humble opinion it doesn't feel like Christmas until you have watched this movie. My Dad brought it on VHS and we used to watch it every year. So I thought I'd buy it on DVD to re-start the tradition. I watched it with my parents when I went to visit them at Christmas as my Mum loves it almost as much as me.

When In Rome [DVD]
When In Rome [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kristen Bell
Price: 5.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Feel good film, 25 Jun 2013
This review is from: When In Rome [DVD] (DVD)
I brought this because I saw it advertised at the beginning of a box set. I wasn't expecting much, a happy ending & some fluffy romance and it definitely delivers that. However it is also a lot of fun and has introduced me & my friend to a new phase "If you're going to be a bear be a grizzly".