Profile for J Stenton > Reviews

Storage Head Large Boy
Storage Head Large Boy
Offered by MMP Living

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun storage, 19 Oct 2013
This review is from: Storage Head Large Boy (Toy)
I bought this for my boyfriend as a fun birthday present (yes, he likes lego, even at 35) so he had somewhere to stash his evening treats (eg haribo)... (yes, this really is a grown man). It was a bit bigger than I expected, but it suits the purpose well. The lid fits on well, just don't try picking it up by the lid and expecting it to stay on!
I am very pleased with it, it was far cheaper than I have seen them in the toy shops (think the small one was at least £20 there).
I am sure he is going to love it, and I hope you will too.

Walden Farm Whipped Peanut Butter Spread 340g
Walden Farm Whipped Peanut Butter Spread 340g
Offered by SOUTH AFRICAN FOODS

2.0 out of 5 stars Save your money, 26 Jun 2013
I was prepared to give it a try, despite the dubious reviews.
Its smells divine, but really isn't tasty at all. I would save your money in all honesty.

V Direct® Samsung Galaxy i9100 S2 Black & White Cow Pattern Case
V Direct® Samsung Galaxy i9100 S2 Black & White Cow Pattern Case

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as nice as the picture!, 26 Jan 2013
This cover fitted my phone beautifully, but the pattern was not as nice looking as the photo suggested. It is quite plasticy feeling, so not sure how well it might cushion the phone if it were dropped, or how long it will last.
It's ok for the price, but I don't think I will be keeping it on for long.

Shooting Star Gel Case Cover For HTC Desire S + Screen Protector
Shooting Star Gel Case Cover For HTC Desire S + Screen Protector

3.0 out of 5 stars Fits very nicely, but quality not great, 30 Nov 2012
This is a well fitting case, no gaps and protects my phone well. However, after only 1 day there were bits of the black scratched off (I am careful with my phone) and there is a crack on one of the seams.
A pretty case, but probably won't last long. Although for the price, one can afford to change the case quite frequently.

ETC Saddle Cover With Extra Gel
ETC Saddle Cover With Extra Gel

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for spinning!, 4 May 2012
I bought this for my spinning classes, as I was getting quite saddle sore on the unisex saddles at the gym.
Tried it out at my class this evening, and was really pleased.
It fitted really well on the saddle of the spin bike, and the grippy surface in the underside, together with the drawstring helped it stay exactly in place.
I didn't actually think about my bum for the whole class, which is how it ought to be.
No more bruised bum from spinning!

Anker 1600mAh Li-ion Battery for HTC Desire Z, Desire S, Incredible 2, Incredible S, VISION, Mozart S450, 96100, A7272, Freestyle - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Lasts twice as long as my standard battery., 14 Jan 2012
Really pleased with this long life battery. It fitted perfectly into the phone and the cover went over it (I have read that some long life batteries are much thicker and you need a different back cover)

I did the recommended "charge fully once then leave to go dead 3 times" trick, and it holds a charge very well.
My standard battery struggled to make it through one day before it ran out. I would charge it all night on my USB, take it to work, and if I had done anything more than check a couple of emails at lunchtime then the battery was already on orange by the time I got home.
Now it can use my phone all lunchtime and the battery is still on 65% when I go to bed, so only needs a charge every other day now.

Really glad I bought it.

Croydex Shower Hose, Stainless Steel, 1.5 Meter
Croydex Shower Hose, Stainless Steel, 1.5 Meter

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality, 1 Mar 2011
Nice strong metal screw parts on the ends, none of this cheap plastic rubbish most hoses have which break when you try and tighten them.

Very pleased with it.

BLACK OUTDOOR/GARDEN WALL MOUNTABLE HOME SECURITY 150W ADJUSTABLE HALOGEN LIGHT/LAMP

2.0 out of 5 stars Didnt last, 1 Mar 2011
I found this light reasonably easy to install, much the same as most lights of this type. however, just as the last 2 lights like this I have had, it stopped working after a few months.

On inspection seems to have got water inside it, so evidently not very waterproof. I have now purchased a different design of light to see if that lasts longer.

My advice would be to spend a bit more and make sure it is waterproof.

RSP Pioneer Urban Alloy Rear Carrier - Black, 10 Kg
RSP Pioneer Urban Alloy Rear Carrier - Black, 10 Kg

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 1 Mar 2011
I bought this type of rack as my mountain bike has disc brakes and most other raks attached to the frame by the wheel as wouldnt have been suitable.

Very easy to fit. I had to slightly bend out the side supports because my pannier bag straps were catching in the wheels slightly.

Also, nowhere apparent to be able to attach a light to. Comes with a fixed red reflector on the end.

I am pretty pleased with it.

Kooga Rugby Boot Bag - One Size
Kooga Rugby Boot Bag - One Size

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and roomy, 1 Nov 2010
This review is from: Kooga Rugby Boot Bag (Misc.)
I bought this for my boyfriend, actually not for rugby boots but he carries his boxing gloves in it. He has several different types of gloves which he uses for martial arts, and they all fit nicely into this bag which he can take with him to training.

Its quite spacious, and seems of sturdy construction.

Very nice quality, and very good for the price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3