Profile for Danielle > Reviews

Content by Danielle

Danielle (Manchester, UK)

DIBAG ® 6 VACUUM COMPRESSED STORAGE SAVING SPACE BAGS 100 X 80 CM For Clothing, Duvets, Bedding, Pillows, Curtains & More.
Offered by bpro® DIBAG® Official Store

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, 9 Jan. 2015
I originally thought these storage bags were fantastic. They are much larger in size than I expected and have a strong and secure clip, but that is where it stopped for me. I had a variety of items for storing. I filled two of the bags with my sons baby clothes. They were all folded neatly and placed in the bag. When I suctioned the air out of the bag I don't think it reduced by 10% let alone 75 as stated on the packaging. I was left with a compact pile of clothing for storing which I was happy with. But again, this didn't last. When I went to move the bag into store the following day it was no longer vacuumed and was basically a loose bag with clothes in it.
I have since tried all 8 bags and each one has lost its suction in 24hrs rendering the supposed benefits to these vacuum bags ineffective.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 9, 2015 6:07 PM GMT

Blue My Baby Keepsake Box A Lifetime Of Memories Large Collapsible Storage Box
Blue My Baby Keepsake Box A Lifetime Of Memories Large Collapsible Storage Box
Offered by Solretail LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 9 Jan. 2015
The first box I received was damaged but the customer service from this seller was excellent and the issue was resolved promptly.

The box is a lot sturdier than I expected for the price and is a good size for memory items. Easy to assemble and is neat and tidy on top of the wardrobe. There is also a small nursery rhyme verse on the side of the box that makes more designed towards it's intended use. Simple but effective.

In essence it is a storage box but definitely an attractive one suited for purpose.

Jungle Shapes: Touch and Feel Fun  (Fisher-Price )
Jungle Shapes: Touch and Feel Fun (Fisher-Price )
by Autumn Publishing
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars A favourite book in our collection, 9 Jan. 2015
My 9 month old absolutely loves this book (we actually bought it for him when he was about 7 month so is a good book for a younger baby) It has bright colourful pictures on each page with simple word descriptions. The textured elements on each page are lovely and really varied compared to some touch and feel books that are quite 'samey'. Definitely recommend if you have a little one that likes books and exploring new textures and shapes.

Lion Original Midget Gems 3kg
Lion Original Midget Gems 3kg
Offered by Tangerine Confectionery

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like they used to be, 9 Jan. 2015
These were bought as a gift and the recipient loved them! Especially the fact that the black sweets were the original liquorice flavour.

I also originally thought it was quite expensive for "just some sweets". However when the item arrived I had not appreciated just how many sweets this was! Worth spending the money if you are a midget gems fan

CatIt Senses Play Circuit
CatIt Senses Play Circuit

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for all cats, 29 Sept. 2010
This review is from: CatIt Senses Play Circuit (Misc.)
My mum bought this for her cat who is now 3 and she would not go near it. She just couldn't seem to get the hang of what she was meant to do with it and seemed almost scared of it. I have just recently acquired two young kittens (8 weeks) and they absolutely love it. Shot straight to it when I let them out of their carry case and knew exactly what to do with it. I can't say whether this is due to them being kittens and my mums cat being older or due to the fact that some cats like it and some don't (and I won't know until my two get older) but what I can say is that if you have kittens then I would recommend it. One of the kittens regularly wanders off on her own and when I find her she is upstairs playing with this all by herself. I am definitely glad I have it.

UPDATE - 9 months on and my two kittens still play with this; although not nearly as much as they used to. I would say that without fail they each use it at least twice a day for a mad 5 minutes of play. And as mentioned above, the female still wanders off to play alone :) I have also found it to be a good garden toy - keeps them entertained and out of trouble. If you have a playful kitten/cat I would definitely recommend this item.

Belkin iPod Nano 3G Leather Folio - Cameo Pink/Chocolate
Belkin iPod Nano 3G Leather Folio - Cameo Pink/Chocolate

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 22 Mar. 2010
I ordered this on a morning and recieved it the next working day so definitely top marks for customer service delivery. The product itself is absolutely fabulous. I was worried that the screen wouldn't be covered but there is a clear plastic cover on the inside of the folio (I couldn't make this out on the image)so it is. The magnetic flap ensures that the folio doesn't open unless you want it to and it looks super chic; I love it. Definitely a star purchase, Thank you.

Anna Richardson's Body Blitz: Five Rules for a Brand New You
Anna Richardson's Body Blitz: Five Rules for a Brand New You
by Anna Richardson

4.0 out of 5 stars Better as a eating guide than a diet..., 2 Mar. 2010
My boyfriend and I started this 'eating plan' a week ago (we are both 26) and we have seen noticeable differences, both good and bad, since then. Have we lost any weight - yes. Have we lost any inches - yes. Do we feel better in ourselves - debatable.

We decided to follow the plan on the Sunday, wrote a list of the foods we would eat for the following week and the ingredients we would need and purchased them on the Monday ready to start the plan on the Tuesday. Here is a quick summary;

Day 1 - pleasantly surprised that the muesli breakfast did not need any additional sugar. Soup for lunch was lovely but the portion size was much smaller than we would normally eat. After dinner we were still feeling hungry but put that down to cravings for things we had cut out as the only thing we actually wanted to eat was chocolate.

Day 2 - 4 - portion sizes were more manageable and started to fill us more but our moods got progressively worse throughout the week. For the past 4 days we have been bickering and snapping at each other and although we are feeling full from our meals we are not feeling satisfied. My boyfriend was feeling very faint as well.

Day 5&6 - It's the weekend and we have decided that although we will not go overboard we will relax and eat what we want (in moderation) to see if we feel better.

Day 7 - Back to the eating plan and feel much better in ourselves. No more bickering, no cravings for the things we have cut out and feel better.

It is now day 1 of the following week and although we have deviated from the written plan I can honestly say I feel a 100% better. I think that removing so much all at once to follow the rules was too much of a shock to the system and not good at all. I have learn't that my boyfriend needs much larger portions than me (which aren't really catered for in the book) but I can provide him with this as I now understand the rules. I do intend to be a bit more leniant again at the weekend but only because that is what works for us.

From this book I have learn't to control my portion sizes and that it is easy to make tasty meals when I get in from work (I don't have to make things at weekend to freeze which usually end up being things like lasagne. I also save money on not having to go out and buy my lunches at work too.

If you want to lose weight and eat healthily then I would recommend this book, simply for the recipes which are easy to cook when you get in from work (I get in from work at 7pm and I don't mind cooking them). But I would also advise you to bear in mind that if you, like me, don't overeat but do eat the wrong things, you may find it difficult to stick to the plan and feel better from it. I will definitely continue to use the book but I will use it as more of a guide rather than a full out eating plan as it just didn't work for us.

Rumour Has It
Rumour Has It
by Jill Mansell

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not as good., 29 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Rumour Has It (Paperback)
I have read all of Jill Mansells books so far and was eager to read this one. It followed the same light hearted, gripping story telling as her others. There was an instantaneous liking for the main character, Tilly, and an abundance of sideline stories for the other characters too, however that was the problem, the book was just too easy. Don't get me wrong, I could not put the book down and read it all in the same evening that I bought it but it just felt too predictable and not at all similar to the gripping complexities that dominate her other books and this predicatability let the book down. The love story did not seem to have any mystery and (I apologise if this is my own ignorance) I did not feel that there was a good enough description of the characters to build a coherant picture. For example, I remember a detail in the book that describes Tillys hair, but other than that I am left wondering if she is fat or thin, tall or short and the same applies to the other characters, there was just not enough description for me. It is only from the other books by Jill Mansell that I have this expectation and why I feel slightly disappointed in comparison.

In summary, I would recommend this book as I still feel it is a brilliant read. However, having read all her others books, I do not feel it has as strong a storyline and that (for me) was what let it down.