Profile for S. Jones > Reviews

LE® Adjustable Focus CREE LED Flashlight, Super Bright, Batteries Included
LE® Adjustable Focus CREE LED Flashlight, Super Bright, Batteries Included
Offered by Neon Mart

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Oct. 2015
Fantastic little torch great value well worth getting.

City of Dark Magic
City of Dark Magic
by Magnus Flyte

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 24 Sept. 2015
This review is from: City of Dark Magic (Paperback)
Book itself is quite tacky to be honest.

Samsung 3.8 V 2600 mAh Battery for Galaxy S4 (None Retail Packaging)
Samsung 3.8 V 2600 mAh Battery for Galaxy S4 (None Retail Packaging)
Offered by total digital stores

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 24 Sept. 2015
Wrong item receieved

The Swan Thieves
The Swan Thieves
by Elizabeth Kostova

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, long winded..., 5 Dec. 2010
This review is from: The Swan Thieves (Paperback)
I am a huge fan of Elizabeth Kostova, The Historian is firmly on my top ten all time best books. I was very eager to get my hands on her second book. After reading it I have mixed feelings. I loved the plot, thought it was very different and interesting. However, she does take her descriptions to the page wasting extreme! You have to have a lot of patience if you want to actually get through this book, so if you dont I suggest you dont bother getting it. She could have cut down on the pages if she didn't go on and on and on with senic descriptions etc, it could and did get tedious! I did find that the end of the book did have a faster pace, and in the end I am glad I read it, as I did enjoy it.

Sacrifice
Sacrifice
by Sharon Bolton

5.0 out of 5 stars What a book!, 18 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Sacrifice (Paperback)
I immensley enjoyed this book, so much so that i read it in a day (no joke!) I just could not put it down, good thing that I was on holiday at the time! I would highly recommend this book, its completley different to what i usually read, and I am so glad that I took a chance to get something new, you will not be dissapointed with this book! It will grab your imagination, and will not let go until you have finished it, in fact you will wish that it had another 100 pages!

British Isles: A Natural History [DVD] [2004]
British Isles: A Natural History [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Alan Titchmarsh

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and informative, 24 Jun. 2008
I happen to study history in university, and have touched upon some of the subjects that are disscussed in the book and TV series, and I have to say that I thought both the book and series were fantastic. And to all those complaining about Titchmarch, whats the problem? He obviously is going to know his stuff about Horticulture, being a gardener, and yes its obvious that anyone presenting this TV show is going to need lots of expert help, who wouldnt! You dont get just one expert who is going to know about eveything from volcanos to ice-cores thats ridicilous! I thought he happened to be the perfect choice to be the presenter, as his voice is pleasent to listen to, and his enthusiasm is very watchable, and in turn makes the audience want to know more, I certainly did! From me, I believe it does deserve five stars.

Wolf of the Plains (Conqueror, Book 1) (Conqueror 1)
Wolf of the Plains (Conqueror, Book 1) (Conqueror 1)
by Conn Iggulden

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Book!, 24 Jan. 2007
This book took my breath away, I haven't been so taken with a book for a long time, I read it in three days!(luckily I was on holiday from work). But I urge anyone who loves history and anything to do with battles, to buy this book, It's the frist in the series of Genghis Khan, it let's us know his background, and how he became the warrior that he was. It's a fast pace moving book, and wonderfully written. It really bring's alive that era, I swear I could almost taste the mutton that they ate! But if you'r interested about anything to do with Genghis Khan, or the Mongols, buy this book, I swear you won't regret it!

What an Earl Wants
What an Earl Wants
by Shirley Karr
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars What a book!, 22 April 2005
It gives me great pleasure to be the first to write a review for this book, I'm surprised that no one else has. This has to be one of the best romance books I've read to date, and believe me I've read a lot. The storyline is original, and the characters actually come across as real people! Not the poor little damnsel, and the dashing hero. It starts with Miss Quincey, who dresses up as a man to get a job for the Earl of Sinclair, this is to enable her to keep food on the table for her sister, and Grandmere. He, obviously, finds out, and from their friendship strengthens, and Romance is defintly in the air! Buy this book, you wont regret it!

The Virgin Student Cookbook
The Virgin Student Cookbook
by Beverly LeBlanc

5.0 out of 5 stars What a CookBook!, 12 Sept. 2004
I Love this cookbook, this is a brilliant guide to your everyday cooking, plus all you need to know about the different fats, carbs, and vitamins within food. This book has helped me more then you will ever know, because believe me, before this book, I could hardly boil an egg, how's that for pathetic!