Profile for Mr P > Reviews

Content by Mr P

Mr P "Crazyfridayman" (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Gigaset C300A Single DECT Cordless Phone with Answer Machine
Gigaset C300A Single DECT Cordless Phone with Answer Machine
Offered by liGo

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect cordless phone, 5 July 2015
This is an excellent product. As always you can rely on the German's to make something which lasts and does what you expect of it, it is well over a year since I bought this and it works perfectly. The range of reception is remarkable it can connect and be used when outside in the garden when the base unit is inside in an old house which has thick walls. The charge seems to hold for a pretty long time before needing to be recharged. Sometimes it has not been in the base unit for three or four days and constantly used. You really can not go wrong and I highly recommend this product to anyone who wants a cordless phone.

Metal Quick Change Trigger Capo Tune Key Clamp for Ukulele Bronze
Metal Quick Change Trigger Capo Tune Key Clamp for Ukulele Bronze

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 5 July 2015
This does what it says on the tin. The clamp is used on my ukulele, it fits perfectly across the frets and holds the strings down. It has a strong grip and is a good functional product. Sometimes it may get in the way of your fingers but it seems most capos are designed in a similar way. I am sure it will last for years and years. You can't go wrong if you need a capo and decide to buy this.

Blue 8GB LCD Mini MP3 WMA Player FM Radio USB Flash Drive
Blue 8GB LCD Mini MP3 WMA Player FM Radio USB Flash Drive
Offered by GOMARK

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 5 July 2015
I don't know why I purchased this because I knew it would not be up to scratch once I started using it. Sometimes there is a need to get something and it has to be cheap. This was cheap and has proved to be a wasted purchase. The earphones are poor quality but work, the menu system of moving about from one function to another can be picked up with a little practice. It took a couple of weeks use to understand how to move about it, then again I used it infrequently. Now it gets no use at all even with the wonderful 8 GB it gives. If you are an adult and expect more then don't buy this. If it is for a child who would be happy to have an MP3 player it will probably do the job for maybe a month or two. Don't expect it to last. The problem in my mind is the MP3 player market, there is a lot out there but nothing suitable in the price range I wanted and of the quality I wanted. If you are short on dosh OK if not steer well clear.

P.KU.VDSL® Outdoor Biking Backpack Bag Travel Backpack 20L Biking Bag (Blue)
P.KU.VDSL® Outdoor Biking Backpack Bag Travel Backpack 20L Biking Bag (Blue)

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for the school run, 5 July 2015
This took a while to arrive, it must of been nearly two weeks before it turned up and then the reason was clear. It had come all the way from China. I didn't know I was purchasing a product outside of the EU and the manufacturers/sellers have been pretty good in keeping this under their hat. It is a small rucksack with 20 litre capacity. So really isn't meant to carry much at all. I put a light jacket in it and a book and it is then bulging. The rucksack rests full against your back. This means in hot weather you will get hotter, however if you practice the one shoulder strap hold there should be no problem. There are plenty of straps here, shoulder straps, a waist strap and a small chest strap which pulls the shoulders together at the top. This way it holds in place. There are two small pockets one either side of the base which can hold a water bottle but as usual you have to remove the rucksack in order to reach round. There is a unique pocket right down the middle of the back as you can see by the grey zip below the red logo in the picture, and there's a very small pocket marked by the grey zip above the logo. I'm wary of putting items in such pockets as it would be easy to pick them. It would of been better had there been a bit of depth some other kind of zip security system I'm sure could of been designed. I don't think I will keep this and am likely to give it away to a nephew who would find it perfect for taking school books and belongings back and forth. Perhaps I am wanting too much when I compare this rucksack to the Karrimor airspace system of rucksacks I use at the moment. The quality appears OK however I'm not too happy with the zips they may last they may not, the smallness of the top back pocket makes it difficult to retrieve items from so is redundant. It feels comfortable when wearing but it is not what I expected. Overall this was probably a white elephant purchase for me, but I am sure it is all about horses for courses and a 14 year old boy will be happy with it.

A Good Man
A Good Man

1.0 out of 5 stars Only watch if your a insomniac, 14 Jun. 2015
This review is from: A Good Man (Amazon Instant Video)
Segal is now well past his best, he must be as grey as father Chrimbo but has dyed his goatee because you always look 30 years younger when dying a goatee. He helped produce this film and as he stars in it I guess he put it together because of boredom from being a has been star. Well this one is more like a black hole it takes up part of your waking hours.

The Wedding
The Wedding

4.0 out of 5 stars A lesson in gaelic, 29 Mar. 2015
It is a shame there are only 8 episodes to this series because it leaves you wanting more. This however is the problem of mass watching and hogging out on a series in only one weekend. The 8th came so quickly and then it was over.

This is a completely fictional time travelling historical drama which falls into the 1740s land of highland Scotland. Somehow a woman passes from the post second war period. There is violence, sex and romance, it is entertainment and compulsive viewing. I did my best to try and find inconsistencies in the settings, trying to see if the camera had accidentally captured the glimpse of a road, TV areal or anything else which might of given it away, but couldn't find a thing. The story is enjoyable and although my partner has not had a chance to watch it she will be going crazy over the handsome Scottish love interest. You can tell the story is from a Mills and Boons typical setting but there is enough sex and violence to keep a male viewer interested. Unless of course you just cant find the suspension of disbelief fully kicks in. There are some scenes which are spoken in Gaelic Scottish and these do not have subtitles. I can't see myself learning Gaelic but it's not helpful when you don't know what is going on. All I'd say is please add subtitles for these parts.

Worth watching though and your partner will also enjoy it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 29, 2015 11:48 PM BST

The Obstacle is the Way: The Ancient Art of Turning Adversity to Advantage
The Obstacle is the Way: The Ancient Art of Turning Adversity to Advantage

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read, 26 Feb. 2015
I don't know what it is but I like books which inspire me, reading this was inspiring. Holiday gives a plethora of historical examples of people who have gone through adversity by turning it on it's head. It is ultimately all about perception and changing your attitude. He has taken this view from research of stoic philosophers. The writing style makes it a easy to read book, sometimes I wish he hadn't of put so many examples as it was like listening to someone just spout facts. Which then got me thinking perhaps some of his examples were not as good as they could be. I think Holiday is an American author, for had he been British he might not of used Thatcher as one example of character. I read this in very little time and will more likely go on to read the suggested readings such as those by Marcus Aurelius and Epitectus.

I enjoyed it and read it quickly and recommend this book.

Revolution
Revolution

3.0 out of 5 stars Schizo like writing style but worth reading., 26 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Revolution (Kindle Edition)
I like to watch Russell Brand on the Trews and took a fancy to reading his book. As an author he is probably on the mediocre side. His structure of language and topics seem to divert all over the place. You start reading about one thing then he's talking about something else. His constant fight with his drug addiction comes out as well. You get to know and understand in many respects who Russell Brand is. It will also make you laugh in some places. The ideas espoused though in the Revolution are not his own and he does refer to the people who come up with them, he is just making their ideas accessible. There is definitely something here to think about, something which needs to be explored and openly discussed. He is honest and I like that, he speaks from the heart. The only problem is his schizophrenic writing style, to tell the truth I think he should of sat down for another month and had a bit of help tidying it up. It is however definitely worth reading and I recommend it.

British Quilted Wax Rain Jacket (M, Olive)
British Quilted Wax Rain Jacket (M, Olive)
Offered by G5 Apparel

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but you pays for what you get, 26 Feb. 2015
I have been wearing this coat now for about 3 months so think this is a good period in which to write a review. It's described as a wax jacket and is slightly padded. The wrapping of this product said cheap, but that didn't matter because it's the wearing which is important. It does keep the rain off except if you have been out in it for about an hour or so it starts to feel a damp, and as time goes on it may not be as efficient as it was when first worn. It has 4 external pockets which is good, the two at hip level have button down flaps so as to prevent rain going in. The cuffs are elasticated and it feels a little like having a jumper round your wrists. Functionally again this is a good idea because it keeps drafts from going up your sleeves. There is also a kind of inside pocket but it is not a pocket in the sense of a single pocket, it's more of a mesh around the inside bottom lining of the coat. It's large but the material could also rip or tear if you put something metallic, in it, e.g. a bunch of keys. The outside pockets are more suitable for this. Overall, the material of the coat feels thin, which has proven to be the case, on two stud buttons the material has torn or ripped with the force of pulling the studs apart.

There is a detachable hood, it is held in place by studs and it does the job, but it only goes so far and when pulled up does not fully extend over your face. It will keep you dry to a point so is semi effective.

I am happy with the coat as it was only £25 and you really can not expect the performance of a more up market expensive wax coat. I will probably wear it a little more but because of the rips be careful, I can't see it lasting into next year's winter period. But it's OK for the short term. In other words, you pays for what you get.

I can't help thinking if the company which made this put an extra twenty quid on the price could of upped the design a little more.

Master Killer
Master Killer

2.0 out of 5 stars A dated Kung Fu movie - not much more to say, 22 Nov. 2014
I hadn't come across this film before and Amazon recommended it. They must of somehow known what I like, but this I just couldn't get into. I suppose it would of been OK if I'd seen it years ago when it originally got dubbed and was available to the Western world, but to tell the truth I have no nostalgia and so could not be swayed. It is dated and overacted, and not to my taste, I wish it was because it would of been something worth watching to kill an hour and half.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4