Profile for James Hewitt > Reviews

Major Payne in Happy Bottom: Fowl Deeds & Feathers
Major Payne in Happy Bottom: Fowl Deeds & Feathers
by Heather Joy Chamberlain

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb book!, 13 Jan. 2014
Received a copy of this book as a Christmas present and after reading, I honestly thought how good it was. Fantastic characters brilliantly illustrated and the story is told through rhyme (something I'm not particularly used to) which only adds to the solid fun and enjoyment of the whole book.
I titled this review "A Superb Book!" and I can't think of a better way to describe it.

What If?: Writing Exercises for Fiction Writers
What If?: Writing Exercises for Fiction Writers
by Anne Bernays

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than what I thought, 29 May 2009
Being a complete novice at this writing game, I bought this book wondering what I'd done.
What if? Is very informative, entertaining and thankfully not too serious. A series of exercises that are useful and certainly made me think about who and what I was writing about. What if? Covers various scenarios and although maybe not too serious for me, I like what the authors have done, very clear and straight forward. There didn't seem to be anywhere in the book that threatened to trip me up, not using a langauge or words that I don't understand is a bonus. What if? is a helpful reference guide, especially to someone like me who is just getting started.