Profile for Tracey > Reviews

Content by Tracey

Tracey (West Midlands, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
DURAGADGET 14 inch Padded Camera Rucksack Backpack Bag for Canon EOS and PowerShot Range - Now with Rain Cover!
Offered by GADGETPLUSUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Very practical, 11 Jun 2014
Really useful for carrying about an extra lens or two, Gorillapod, charger, spare batteries etc. and can accommodate the camera body with a zoom lens attached.

Took a few goes to get the inside dividers configured properly but it works pretty well. The only slight niggles are that sometimes the velcro comes a bit unstuck towards the top of the bag, and the zip is a bit hard to undo.

Altogether, a pretty good bag at a bargain price.

Duracell Replacement Digital Camera Battery for Canon LP-E8 Battery
Duracell Replacement Digital Camera Battery for Canon LP-E8 Battery

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine in Canon EOS 650D, 11 Jun 2014
I've previously bought Duracell batteries as replacements for much more expensive Canon batteries and have had good results. I wasn't disappointed this time. This seems to work just as well as the original battery and was a fraction of the price.

Black & Decker Lithium Flexi Vac with Pet Hair Removal Tool, 14.4 V, Light Blue
Black & Decker Lithium Flexi Vac with Pet Hair Removal Tool, 14.4 V, Light Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the car, 11 Jun 2014
I bought this for cleaning the inside of the car and am very pleased so far. It seems much better than the vacuums at the petrol station, which I was using previously. No problems getting up grit etc from the car mats, and the brush nozzle is helpful for getting dust off the dashboard, and out of the various nooks and crannies.

The 20-25 minutes charge capacity is fine for the car, and I can see that this could be useful to keep charged up for some of the hard-to-reach places at home, too.

Sony MDRZX600 Overhead Headphones with Aluminium Finish - Blue
Sony MDRZX600 Overhead Headphones with Aluminium Finish - Blue
Offered by eZee Trade

5.0 out of 5 stars No sound leakage, 26 Mar 2014
I'm not a music geek who wants to pay a fortune for trendy headphones - I just wanted some over-the-ear headphones that were reasonable quality, comfortable, fairly portable and, most importantly, wouldn't leak sound to annoy fellow commuters.

These headphones satisfy all these requirements and I couldn't be more pleased with them. Definitely recommended.

Tech21 D3O Impact Snap Case with Cover for iPhone 5 - Black
Tech21 D3O Impact Snap Case with Cover for iPhone 5 - Black
Offered by Wiziwoo Limited

2.0 out of 5 stars Corners broken after three months, 18 April 2013
I was really pleased with this case until two of the corners broke and the phone fell onto the floor. I never take the phone out of the case so it's not wear and tear of repeatedly inserting and removing the case. Very disappointing.

Marware C.E.O. Hybrid Case for iPad 2, iPad 3 & iPad 4 - Carbon Fiber
Marware C.E.O. Hybrid Case for iPad 2, iPad 3 & iPad 4 - Carbon Fiber

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect case!, 19 Mar 2013
I have previously used the earlier version of this case for 2 years with the original 1st generation iPad and loved it so much that I deliberately sought the same case when I upgraded to the new iPad 4.

As a previous reviewer said, although described as being for the iPad 3, it does also fit the iPad 4 (new iPad with retina display). It is a bit of a snug fit at first, so requires some coaxing to slide the iPad into the case far enough to snap on the remaining two corners. However, once achieved, the case has excellent functionality and the iPad doesn't need to be removed again.

Slipping the iPad out of the two corners allows the case to bend and provide three working/viewing positions. Bending the top cover back and securing it with the elastic gives access to the excellent hand strap which allows you to securely support the device with one hand, whilst typing etc. with the other.

The case itself is extremely sturdy and robust, and feels as if it offers excellent all-round protection to the iPad. I'm delighted with the purchase and would recommend it without reservation.

COLT® - In Car Holder Mount Grip with 360 Degree 'SuperGrip' Windscreen Suction - Ideal for ALL Phones with & without case - Apple iPhone 5 / 4 / 4S / 3G / 3GS / 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy holder, 16 Jan 2013
I've previously not had good results with universal holders for phones, finding them less secure than dedicated mounts. However,having just had to replace a perfectly good holder which no longer fitted when I changed phones, I thought I'd give a universal holder another try.

This holder works well with my iPhone 5 in its flip case. The spring clamp grips the phone solidly in portrait or landscape mode and I don't feel worried that the phone will slip out of the holder mid-journey, which was my main concern. I'm very pleased with it so far and haven't noticed any shaking or movement when using the phone as a satnav.

The Hairy Dieters: How to Love Food and Lose Weight
The Hairy Dieters: How to Love Food and Lose Weight

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensible, non-faddy food for a sustainable diet, 16 Jan 2013
I decided to buy this after seeing part of their refreshingly sensible TV programme, which seemed to be about making real food but with a low-calorie twist.

I'm not a foodie, nor someone who is interested in following any of these faddy diets where you can't eat certain foods or food combinations. I wanted a book that would help me to lose weight in a sustainable way without making me feel that I was depriving myself of something. It also needed to be something practical and not difficult to fit into a busy working day. This is exactly the book I was looking for, and I'm sure that even non-dieters would enjoy the meals.

Recommended if you're following a straightforward old-fashioned calorie-counting approach to losing weight.

KitSound Dock Air 30-Pin Bluetooth Audio Receiver/Adapter Compatible with iPhone 3/3G/3GS/4/4S/5/5S/5C, iPad 2/3/4/Mini/Air, iPod Nano 7th Generation, iPod Touch 5th Generation, Samsung Galaxy S2/S3/S4, BlackBerry, Nokia and HTC Devices (via Bluetooth) - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant!, 5 Jan 2013
I bought this so that I could connect an iPhone 5 to a Bose SoundDock Portable without having to use Apple's ugly white Lightning adaptor and it works brilliantly with the iPhone, iPod Nano, iPad 4 and with my Acer laptop.

It took a few seconds to pair the adaptor with the phone (pass code 0000) and then it was easy to play music via the phone. It works with iTunes Home Sharing so I can play music stored on the PC in a different room and shared on wifi via the phone to the SoundDock.

I initially had problems connecting an iPod Nano 7th generation - the Nano just couldn't find the Dock Air in the list of bluetooth devices. Then I realised I just had to unpair the phone - as soon as I'd done this, the Nano found the Dock Air straightaway and works without any problem.

I'm really pleased and very impressed with the device.

Adobe Premiere Elements 10 Classroom in a Book
Adobe Premiere Elements 10 Classroom in a Book

1.0 out of 5 stars Pointless on Kindle, 18 Nov 2012
I purchased the Kindle edition of this and then discovered that the necessary files to complete the tutorials were on a DVD attached to the back cover of the book! I assumed it must be possible to download the files somewhere but it seems not, so I sadly returned the book to Amazon for a refund.

It's disappointing as there doesn't seem much else available as an e-book for Premiere Elements 10.

Page: 1 | 2