Profile for Mr G. > Reviews

The Madding Crowd
The Madding Crowd
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars good!, 24 Dec. 2003
This review is from: The Madding Crowd (Audio CD)
I bought this album purely based on the reviews! I like to take chances on CD's that I havent heard, otherwise the world would be full of manufactered cr*p. After first listen I was happy, but not 100% confident that it was my wisest purchase. After having it for a few weeks and having a few listens, im very happy with this purchase. In the same league as Matchbox Twenty/Goo Goo Dolls and the rest! They sound like so many other bands, but not in a bad way!There are bits where they sound like Bon Jovi, Del Amitri, Train, even Coldplay. Everyone seems to like 'If I Am' and I can tell why. Other great songs are 'So Far Away', 'Wanna Be'. The best two songs are 'Bitter' and 'Revolve'. If anyone has ever come out of a relationship/friendship nothing good has come of it and you feel like you have wasted your time, then this song is perfect! Revolve is the type of song you want to hear when you have found the right person and you are willing to do anything for them. All in all a top album, and well worth a listen. Its not groundbreaking or anything new, but if you like MB20 of GGD then do you really want anything different?

Afterglow
Afterglow
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars good stuff!!, 15 Nov. 2003
This review is from: Afterglow (Audio CD)
Been absolutely ages since anything new has been released from Sarah Mclachlan, and it is a continutation of 'Surfacing', which is only a good thing. Stand out tracks after only a couple of listens are 'Fallen' and 'Push'. Only problem is that unlike on 'Surfacing' there isn't a standout track that hits you straight away, like Adia and Angel did. The album as a whole is consistenly good, and sounds bang up to date. Perfect music to chill-out to. If you like Dido and people like her then there is no reason why you shouldn't like Sarah Mclachlan.

Dizzy Up the Girl
Dizzy Up the Girl
Offered by GMFT

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 12 Oct. 2003
This review is from: Dizzy Up the Girl (Audio CD)
I bought this album on impulse, and Im glad I did!!! I fell in love with the film City Of Angels,(mainly because of the soundtrack), and after hearing IRIS for the 1st time I knew I had to find out more about the group that wrote and performed it. Everyone should be forced to be sat down and made to listen to IRIS, it is an amazing song. The album certainly lines up well with some great slower songs like black balloon and acoustic#3 and name, and some real uptempo crackers like slide and broadway. Definately would encourage people to buy this album, if more people could listen to the Goo Goo Dolls then they will get the chart success that they truely deserve.

Affirmation
Affirmation
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars magic, 12 Oct. 2003
This review is from: Affirmation (Audio CD)
A great album, that I'm sure for many people is a soundtrack to their lives. It still is one of my most played CD's, every track stirring up particular memories. Standout tracks, Affirmation, Lover after me, I dont know you anymore, possibly my favourite 3. The bonus live disc adds extra value to the album, the songs are performed really well live. The only downside is the band are no more, which is a great shame, because for me they could have gone on making great records, in the same style as this album, forever.