Profile for Beverley Clews > Reviews

Beverley Clews

Page: 1 | 2
The Perpetual Astonishment of Jonathon Fairfax
The Perpetual Astonishment of Jonathon Fairfax

3.0 out of 5 stars The plot was weak and like many other reviewers I was unsure of whether to ..., 31 Oct. 2014
Starts very promisingly and then about two thirds through it suddenly gets very silly, and irritating. The plot was weak and like many other reviewers I was unsure of whether to finish the book or not. I did, but was relieved when the tedium was over. Definitely not one to recommend.

The Unexpected Vacation of George Thring
The Unexpected Vacation of George Thring

4.0 out of 5 stars The Elvis festival is a wonderful back-drop for a lot of funny situations and I ..., 13 Oct. 2014
An enjoyable read, lightweight but the characters have substance. The Elvis festival is a wonderful back-drop for a lot of funny situations and I can see this being made into a film.

Little Beach Street Bakery
Little Beach Street Bakery

3.0 out of 5 stars A light holiday read is the best compliment I can give this book, 13 Oct. 2014
An ok read, a little daft in places and predictable. A light holiday read is the best compliment I can give this book, it certainly is not taxing.

The Rosie Project: Don Tillman 1 (Don Tillman Series)
The Rosie Project: Don Tillman 1 (Don Tillman Series)

1.0 out of 5 stars Trite, over-hyped and totally unfunny. Only finished it ..., 28 Sept. 2014
Trite, over-hyped and totally unfunny. Only finished it as it was short, it's one redeeming feature. Unfortunate really as I thought it started quite well.

Life After Life
Life After Life

4.0 out of 5 stars a really good engrossing read, 28 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Life After Life (Kindle Edition)
Classic Kate Atkinson, a really good engrossing read. I didn't find the numerous different time lines in this book confusing, I thought the whole book flowed beautifully.

The Luminaries
The Luminaries

1.0 out of 5 stars drawn-out boring book. I got about half-way through and thought ..., 28 Sept. 2014
This review is from: The Luminaries (Kindle Edition)
What an over-hyped, long, drawn-out boring book. I got about half-way through and thought "life is just too short."

Apple Tree Yard
Apple Tree Yard

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't normally "do" thrillers but this was excellent. The sex scenes knit in to the narrative ..., 28 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Apple Tree Yard (Kindle Edition)
Gripping and full of suspense. I don't normally "do" thrillers but this was excellent. The sex scenes knit in to the narrative wonderfully and I thought this was very well written. A must read.

We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves
We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Sept. 2014
An excellent thought provoking book with a real shocker about a quarter of the way through. Thoroughly recommend this.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Sept. 2014
A classic that everyone should read.

ELEPHANT MOON
ELEPHANT MOON

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Sept. 2014
This review is from: ELEPHANT MOON (Kindle Edition)
A really engaging and thought provoking book. Characters are broad and believable.

Page: 1 | 2