Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Marching With Caesar-Final Campaign
Marching With Caesar-Final Campaign

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read., 10 Jun 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The historical accuracy and attention to detail is excellent! As with his other books in this series, it leaves the reader feeling satisfied, yet yearning for the next instalment in the series! Great book!

Cycling is My Life
Cycling is My Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and informative read., 10 Jun 2014
I found this an interesting read about one of Britain's greatest cyclists. Tom Simpson was and still is, an inspiration to cyclists with an aspiration to take up bike racing. His story is still relevant, especially as modern cyclists still resort to performance enhancing drugs.
I admire the man for his tenacity! Read the book!

The Bluffer's Guide to Cycling (The Bluffer's Guides)
The Bluffer's Guide to Cycling (The Bluffer's Guides)

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit of fun!, 10 Jun 2014
An okay read...but don't expect to learn anything that will improve your cycling. It is very tongue in cheek, but not sure that it would be useful amongst real cyclists!

Mid-life Cyclists
Mid-life Cyclists

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all Mamils!, 10 Jun 2014
This review is from: Mid-life Cyclists (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It has let me know, that I am not alone out there! There are other Mamils living in a deluded state as well!

How I Won the Yellow Jumper: Dispatches from the Tour de France
How I Won the Yellow Jumper: Dispatches from the Tour de France

5.0 out of 5 stars An insiders view, 1 May 2014
Interesting read of an insiders view of the goings on in cycle racing. It's not about the bike, or even really about the riders. But it does make for interesting reading nonetheless.

The Pagan Lord (The Warrior Chronicles, Book 7)
The Pagan Lord (The Warrior Chronicles, Book 7)

5.0 out of 5 stars The saga continues!, 25 Oct 2013
A great read. Mr Cornwell excels once again! His attention to detail, takes us into the shield wall, as though we, the reader, were present and sharing in the blood and gore! Eagerly awaiting his next offering in the story of the lord Uhtred!

In The Name Of Rome: The Men Who Won The Roman Empire (Phoenix Press)
In The Name Of Rome: The Men Who Won The Roman Empire (Phoenix Press)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great insight into the abilities of Romes leading generals, 10 Oct 2013
A great insight into the lives and abilities of some of Romes leading generals. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the book and found it as gripping as some of the better fictions of this period that are currently available, For a factual and well researched book this is an achievement by the author!

IVSO® Acer Iconia B1-A71 7-Inch Slim-BOOK PU Leather Stand Cover Case (Black)
IVSO® Acer Iconia B1-A71 7-Inch Slim-BOOK PU Leather Stand Cover Case (Black)
Offered by Gambolex

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 4 July 2013
Case is a good fit. Seems to be well made and meets my expectations. Would recommend to other iconia owners.

Over the Hills and Far Away: The Music of Sharpe [SOUNDTRACK]
Over the Hills and Far Away: The Music of Sharpe [SOUNDTRACK]

5.0 out of 5 stars Stirring music!, 21 April 2013
Being an ex Light Infantryman, I obviously have a bias! I found the Sharpes derived music to be a pleasure to listen to. The instrumentals were stirring, as they brought back to my mind, my time spent in the regiment. All in all, great stuff!

Marching With Caesar-Civil War
Marching With Caesar-Civil War

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read!, 19 April 2013
Thoroughly enjoyable read! The characters are so lifelike. From my own time in the army, I can say that RW has portrayed the life of a serviceman perfectly. It seems that little has changed in the intervening years for the common soldier. The campaigns are so realistic. Great story!

Page: 1 | 2