Profile for Mr. T. L. Dunn > Reviews

Content by Mr. T. L. Dunn

Mr. T. L. Dunn

AKG K550 Closed-Back Noise Isolating Reference Class Headphones with Large Earcups Compatible with Apple iOS And Android Devices - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars ... ranging from €10-£100 but these are by far the best sounding and most comfortable yet, 5 Aug. 2014
I've tried many headphones ranging from €10-£100 but these are by far the best sounding and most comfortable yet. The very large cups are extremely comfortable and allow very little sound leakage which makes them ideal for ccommuting. The cable is long at 3 meters but not really that much of an inconvenience when out and about and give you the flexibility to allow home use.
I'm not technically minded enough to talk about the high end middle or any of that jargon, but testing these listening to various types of music from pop to heavy metal, ska and punk the clarity of sound is impeccable. Tobbaco island by Flogging Molly has never sounded so good.In this song you have 7 musicians playing various instruments including drums guitars and violins at high speed. At no point did these headphones appear to struggle and I heard things I've never noticed before. Truly a music lovers dream.

Hidden [Blu-ray] [2005]
Hidden [Blu-ray] [2005]
Dvd ~ Daniel Auteuil

1.0 out of 5 stars pretentious claptrap, 5 April 2011
This review is from: Hidden [Blu-ray] [2005] (Blu-ray)
This is without doubt the most awfully pretentious nonsense I have ever seen. I made the terrible mistake off watching this at the cinema (2 hours of my life I will never get back) The plot plods along at a pace that will cure the worst of insomniacs and at the end you will wonder what the point of the whole thing is. On leaving the cinemaa I presumed to say this to my wife and was told by a woman who overheard me that I wouldn't understand the utterly indecipherable ending because I am a man, butb she couldn't explain the meaning of this pretentious angst ridden movie and it became obvious that she was as clueless as me. The whole thing smacks of the type of pseudo intellectual claptrap that people are afraid to criticise for fear of looking stupid. Ther are so many great french films out there: Mesrine, Amelie, The science of sleep, irreversible, Le Haine and AngelA to name but a few, that you really do not need to waste you time with this overblown rubbish. Avoid if you can, if you can't resist the urge to watch this film rent rather than buy it as you will never want to watch it more than once.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 5, 2011 1:55 PM GMT

The Shield - Season 7 - Complete [DVD] [2009]
The Shield - Season 7 - Complete [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Michael Chiklis
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Without doubt the best cop show ever, 5 Jun. 2009
After stumbling upon season 1 of the shield in a second hand store around 5 years ago, my life has not been the same again. I am a confirmed addict and have followed the misadvenures of the Farmington precinct ever since.
The finale of season 5 left me in shock for days. I honestly didn`t believe that could be topped, then I watched season 6 and was again blown away. Waiting for season 7 was torture as it was delayed due to the writers strike in Hollywood. Knowing that this was definately the final season (the show was originally only going to run for 5 seasons) I wanted something special. I was not disappointed. From the opening scene until the very last moment I felt like I was been beaten with a sensory sledge hammer. This season not only has the best ending in TV ever, it has moments that must have every writer and director in Hollywood pulling their hair out knowing they will never match the quality of work on show here.
The actors all deliver powerhouse performances. The script is flawless. the cinematography would not be out of place in the best Hollywood movie,
the direction is superb. All in all this is not only the best cop show ever it is the best TV ever made. If you have never watched The Shield do yourself a favour buy the first seasonand be ready for a ride you will never forget. It is a brutal, tragic, touching, funny rollercoaster ride featuring some of the most horrible anti heroes ever. You too will be an addict.

Kahuna 252-5413G Mens brown cuff watch
Kahuna 252-5413G Mens brown cuff watch

2.0 out of 5 stars looks good but not for long, 8 Jan. 2009
Was really impressed with this watch when I first got it, however in no time at all the strap started to fall apart. Luckily I have a friend who can make me a new strap for what is a very attractive watch. I still love the watch as it looks great but have since bought a new cuff watch that makes me realise how poorly constructed and flimsy the strap on this one is. My advice to anyone thinking of buying this is to shop around and pay a few quid more if need be to get something a little more robust, this is after all meant to be surfers watch. Don't be fooled by the pictures your watch will not look like them for long.

Rambo [DVD] [2007]
Rambo [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Sylvester Stallone
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars What were you expecting?, 25 Jun. 2008
This review is from: Rambo [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
The first was for himself, the second was for his country, the third was for himself, the fourth was for a bunch of christians on a do gooders mission. While it is impossible to deny that the breaches of human rights depicted in this film are to some extent real let's be honest we don't watch Rambo for the moral lesson. whether it be the small mindedness of middle America the brutality of war or the plight of the Afghans under the soviet invasion forces. We watch Rambo for the sheer testosterone the silly quotes and the bloodshed. First blood part 2 was slammed for the amount or violence depicted in it. Rambo makes it look like a PG rated movie in comparison. So for that reason we must give it a high rating. If you don't like violent movies or are looking for a deep meaningful story with juicy subplots and a real meesage do not watch this film you will hate it. If you want action and can stomach watching babies being bayonetted then watch and enjoy. The stunts are ropey, some of the acting is atrocious, but the body count more than makes up for it. Its John Rambo doing what he does best, taking out bad men in a ruthlessly efficient manner. The real question for me before seeing this film was how ludicrously big would his knife be. The answer is, so big he has to make it himself. For all Rambo fans that should say it all.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 27, 2011 9:07 PM BST