Profile for G. Morrison > Reviews

Content by G. Morrison

G. Morrison "The truthful nerd." (Isle of Man)

Creative GigaWorks T40 Series II (2.0) Multimedia Speakers with MTM Audiophile Configuration and BasXPort Technology
Price: 80.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good sound - good quality, good value !, 22 Oct 2012
I have been upgrading my desktop computer and monitors constantly over the past 10 or so years, but the speakers have always been an afterthought. I have had the same old 5.1 Creative set for ages and they have served me well.

Why I didnt upgrade the speakers sooner, I will never know!

The T40s arrived today in a modest box and were easily urwrapped and plugged in. The finish is lovely in gloss black and the controls have a very solid quality feel. The speaker-to-speaker wire is long enough to span my two 22inch monitors with a little to spare. Others have said the audio input lead is a little short but at 2m is long enough to reach my tower on the floor from the top of my desk twice over.

I went straight to Winamp and played a good range of my favourite music and was very very impressed. So much so I decided to share my experience on here (Orbital is still playing very loudly as I type). The sound hits you like a 'proper' set of speakers and gives you that 'oh.. thats what this is meant to sound like feeling'.

All in all I cant recommend these highly enough. If you have been listening to music through the same old PC speakers for years I urge you to upgrade, your ears will thank you ! ... your neighbours may not.

Premier AV HF0042 Plasma & LCD Glass Stand with Cable Management (Black)
Premier AV HF0042 Plasma & LCD Glass Stand with Cable Management (Black)
Price: 46.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy build, looks great. Recommended., 18 May 2010
This is the second stand in this design I have bought. The first cost me 200, believe it or not, from a local shop. Although I had to build this one myself the quality is very similar.

It took me 5 minutes to open the sturdy packaging, 15 mins to assemble the stand and a further 5 mins to vacuum the carpet of a few little polystyrene balls left behind.

The instructions are adequate and once you get going the stand is very self explanatory to set up. There is no risk whatsoever of getting the feet wrong - there is now a small photo on the instruction sheet and they have rubber bottoms anyway so you really can't get them upside down.

Buy with confidence.