Profile for marion > Reviews

Broken Vows: Tony Blair The Tragedy of Power
Broken Vows: Tony Blair The Tragedy of Power
by Tom Bower

3.0 out of 5 stars negative, 13 May 2016
Whilst I only gave this book a 3 I have to say the author did an enormous amount of work in the production of this book. However, the whole tone was negative. I did say to someone that the only person he didn't criticise was the Archbisip of Canterbury but then remembered that he had critcised the previous Archbish, Rowan Williams. The whole work was negative. After reading just over 100 pages I decided to check reviews and every one said the same thing, a wholly negative assessment of the Blair years etc. Whle I would admit todisillusionment during the Blair years I do thinkthere were some good aspects to their time in government and many gifted and well intentioned people were at the fore durng those years. I am glad that I read this book but regret the negative presentation.

The Deers Cry [The Sixteen, Harry Christophers ] [CORO: COR16140]
The Deers Cry [The Sixteen, Harry Christophers ] [CORO: COR16140]

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely as usual., 20 Mar. 2016
As always delightfully performed. these beautiful pices of music are a joy to listen to . Many thanks

Instrumental
Instrumental

4.0 out of 5 stars Kathryn, 17 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Instrumental (Audio CD)
A good selection of this lady's excellent work. Well worth listening to

The Conductor
The Conductor
by Sarah Quigley

5.0 out of 5 stars Lenningrad and Shostakovich, 17 Jan. 2016
This review is from: The Conductor (Paperback)
This is a second reading of this book. I bought it again having seen the excellent programme on TV about the Lennigrad siege and Shostakovich symphony. Delighted to have it in hand again

Celts: Art and Identity
Celts: Art and Identity
by Julia Farley

5.0 out of 5 stars Celts and their civilisation, 17 Jan. 2016
Leafing through this book is a delight. The pictures are excellent and the format of the book is also excellent. I look forward to an even closer study of the book.

The Celts
The Celts
by Alice Roberts

4.0 out of 5 stars Well done Alice, 17 Jan. 2016
This review is from: The Celts (Hardcover)
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book which gives a very wide explanation for the Celtic people's in a style which is readily accessible but very informative. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the book.

Portraits: John Berger on Artists
Portraits: John Berger on Artists
by John Berger

5.0 out of 5 stars kev's book, 17 Jan. 2016
I bought this book as a present for my son who was quite delighted to receive it. I know he will be enjoying reading it.

Books of Hours (Miniature Editions)
Books of Hours (Miniature Editions)
by Phaidon Press

4.0 out of 5 stars this was what I was looking for and am pleased with the little book, 2 Nov. 2015
this was what I was looking for and am pleased with the little book. The format is a little difficult to follow but once I started using it, my understanding of it was fine.

Collins 2016 Week to View Desk Organiser Refill
Collins 2016 Week to View Desk Organiser Refill
Offered by FiveBoys Stationery Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Nov. 2015
Again just what a need for another year. The format suits me admirably. Many thanks

Dendron Fenjal Hand Cream
Dendron Fenjal Hand Cream

4.0 out of 5 stars Fenjal hand cream, 2 Nov. 2015
Yes, this was just what I wanted and am sure it will match the excellent standard of other hand creams I have had from Fenjal. Great

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10