Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Plymouth England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Sweet on You (Meddlin' Madeline Mysteries Book 1)
Sweet on You (Meddlin' Madeline Mysteries Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining read, 25 April 2016
I love Chautona 's books, especially those set around Rockland. At first I thought this was going to disappoint me because I struggled with who was who and what the setting was. I persevered and got into the story. The story sets the scene for Madeline to investigate further, but for this book she looks into her friend's fiancé because she doesn't believe he is who he says he is. She's a feisty character and stands up to the conventions of the day. An entertaining read and I'm looking forward to the next one.
I received a copy of this book in exchange for a review.

A Hard Day (2014)
A Hard Day (2014)
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars In Korean with subtitles, 23 Jan. 2016
This review is from: A Hard Day (2014) (Amazon Video)
We started to watch this but its got subtitles so we turned it off. Would be nice if the details said when films are not jn English

A Time for Every Purpose Under Heaven: One Woman's Trip to Africa - My Story
A Time for Every Purpose Under Heaven: One Woman's Trip to Africa - My Story

4.0 out of 5 stars The book is the reason, 20 July 2015
I enjoyed this book. The author isn't a writer but she tells her story well and without those annoying typos you often get. It is her story of what she saw and did when she journeyed to Africa for two weeks. She portrays it well and you get a feel of what it is like there. She questions God constantly as to why she is there and whether He really sent her. I think that one massive reason for her going was to write this book and tell people of what it is like where she went.

Garmin Vivofit Wireless Fitness Wrist Band and Activity Tracker - Black
Garmin Vivofit Wireless Fitness Wrist Band and Activity Tracker - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful bit of kit, 27 April 2015
My husband and I both have one of these. Its a bit on the bulky side (I have very small wrists) but it's just on the right side of OK. It synchs well with the app which can be reviewed on PC, tablet and phone although my phone app doesn't show my steps. Not sure how accurate the steps and miles are but it does give a good indication of my activity levels each day. It logs my sleep and I don't have to switch it to sleep. It's quite basic, but that means the battery lasts for ages (a whole year before replacing they say) and it does its job well. The screen is relatively large and the display can be seen in bright sunlight, but there is no light so it can't be seen in the dark!. A minor complaint is that the screen flicks back to the time from the date screen but not from the other screens. This means if I don't know what the time is roughly and I can't see the dots on the time screen I could be reading the time from the goal screen or the miles screen!! (the icons to say which screen you are on are minute)

Acer Liquid Leap Smart Band - Mineral Black
Acer Liquid Leap Smart Band - Mineral Black
Offered by Buyur

2.0 out of 5 stars Could be great, 27 April 2015
On the face of it this was a really good smart band. However after a few days its became annoying and I sent it back. The touch screen when it is working is good but it took several taps to get it to activate. Also, the app is really basic and kept posting the wrong data or not posting any data at all.
With some tweaking it could be really good - put a hard button to turn on the screen, improve the app and improve the reliability of the app

Designer Inspired Spiral Mesh Bangle Bracelet Solid Sterling Silver 925 Plated
Designer Inspired Spiral Mesh Bangle Bracelet Solid Sterling Silver 925 Plated
Offered by CS PRIORITY

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain bracelet, 13 Jan. 2015
Nice looking silver bracelet. Quite small but looks good and looks authentic. A bargain at the price.

Coming Home: for Christmas
Coming Home: for Christmas

4.0 out of 5 stars Gentle Christmas story, 13 Jan. 2015
This is a lovely book about family and how it can enrich your life. Alison is an irish career woman living in New York who hasn't been home for Christmas for 3 years. She loses her job and as well as being home for her Mum's 70th birthday she stays on for Christmas. The visit is a success and there is a love interest also. The only problem is the ending. After Christmas I was expecting to hear more about Alison back home in new York but there's one measly chapter and then the book ends.

Changing Spaces
Changing Spaces

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, it only jumps about at the beginning, 26 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Changing Spaces (Kindle Edition)
I received this book in exchange for a review a few months ago. At first I found it hard going because a couple were separating because the husband wanted out after many years marriage and I couldn't see where the book was going. Also it kept jumping back to when they first met. I stopped reading , but then a friend's mum did the same thing to her dad and the book seemed appealing.
After startingsagain where I left off the book moves to follow the wife Laura as she deals with her loss and leaves town. She meets up with some incredible women who love her for who she is and get her life back on track. It's funny, moving, sensitive and a fascinating story of loss, betrayal, love, friendship and loyalty.

Gone Girl
Gone Girl

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time, 9 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Gone Girl (Kindle Edition)
Read this book as part of book club. The first bit is tedious. The characters joke that if conversation was lagging their mother would talk in minute detail about something. The book felt a bit like that. Also you just get into reading about one character when the book swaps to the other one. I nearly gave up but checked the contents and realised the story changed in the middle. I thought it was a psychological thriller. Yes its full of mind games but the end is so tame to make the whole reading of the book a waste of time.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1-inch - (Black, Wi-Fi)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1-inch - (Black, Wi-Fi)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good tablet, 9 Aug. 2014
Good tablet. Some bits are really good. A screen protector has improved the touch screen. Its very similar to my Samsung phone so I can learn the two gadgets together. Got my music playing on both devices and shared photos also. Tried to use my phone as a mobile hot spot but they didn't connect by cable very well. Predictive text could do with a bit of improvement and the intuitive saving of my words also saves sensitive numbers - not good.
However it is not compatible with Flash. No separate charging jack so can't hook up to my phone and charge at the same time. No hdmi socket- good job I have a smart tv.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9