Profile for danno0952 > Reviews

Content by danno0952

danno0952 (Newcastle UK)

I, Michael Bennett: (Michael Bennett 5)
I, Michael Bennett: (Michael Bennett 5)
Price: 3.66

1.0 out of 5 stars The Worst Yet................and Half a Story, 14 Mar 2014
Like many others, I have enjoyed the Michael Bennett series...........but this was way below par. The story was weak, the writing poor and to call it a novel is pushing it a bit!! When you look at the size of the print, the number of words on a page..........and the blank pages, it really should be classed as a short story - and half a story at that!
As previously mentioned - we all know who wrote it.........but the publishers really should be telling JP that this one really is the ultimate rip-off.
I saw that someone had complained to the publisher (bravo) but I wonder what would happen if a complaint was made under the 'Trade Descriptions Act' - just a thought.

Death Benefit
Death Benefit
by Robin Cooke
Price: 5.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Change of Direction Mr Cook, 3 Mar 2013
This review is from: Death Benefit (Paperback)
Robin Cook introduces a new main character.......and fails. This is really poor. I've read all of Robin Cook's novels, going back years............fair enough they were formulaic, but they were always a 'good read'. This has taken me weeks to read....the main character is so wooden and unlikeable.......plot is poor. I forced myself to finish it and they ending was also unsatisfactory. I just noticed that his next book 'Nano' is due out, centred around the same lead character - for the first time in many years I won't be bothering.

Kisses On The Bottom (Deluxe Edition Digipack)
Kisses On The Bottom (Deluxe Edition Digipack)
Price: 17.17

1.0 out of 5 stars DeLuxe Rip Off, 8 Feb 2012
A deluxe edition used to be an extra cd - here it's 2 tracks - still on one cd - how can this cost so much more? McCartney should be ashamed of himself. That's before we discuss the need for this type of 'easy' release - bung out an album of covers, this is a rip-off on so many levels!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 10, 2012 7:24 PM GMT

The Beatles In Mono
The Beatles In Mono
Price: 166.61

2.0 out of 5 stars We're Being Ripped Off, 6 July 2009
This review is from: The Beatles In Mono (Audio CD)
Two stars, not for the content which I'm sure is going to be fantastic.....but the price, which is something else!!
Also, the mono editions don't seem to be available separately....and it's the mono stuff that people will really want.....so EMI/Apple are ripping us off.........I do not know how they can justify this exhorbitant price. This is a set that I really want, but at this price I think not.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 19, 2009 5:42 PM BST